Page 2385 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1385188522852335237523832384238523862387239524352485 ... LastLast
Results 23,841 to 23,850 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Pretty sad that either the Cowboys or Eagles will probably make the playoffs at 8-8 and be hosting a 13-3 Seattle or San Fran. The NFL's seeding is fubar. If they want to give every division winner a playoff spot fine but seed them without giving any consideration to who's a division winner and who isn't.
    Yeah but it's not the first time. Agree they should go by best record.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yeah but it's not the first time. Agree they should go by best record.
    The schedule is pretty unbalanced outside the divisions but very balanced within the divisions. There’s only so much you can do with 16 games. I get the arguments on both sides. I don’t really see a more satisfying solution. You’ve got the byes to reward good division winners, home field to reward division winners who outperformed the teams put in front of them, and wildcards to allow quality 2nd or 3rd place finishers into the tournament.

The regular season is basically equivalent to the group stage in a European Cup competition.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 12-06-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Pretty sad that either the Cowboys or Eagles will probably make the playoffs at 8-8 and be hosting a 13-3 Seattle or San Fran. The NFL's seeding is fubar. If they want to give every division winner a playoff spot fine but seed them without giving any consideration to who's a division winner and who isn't.
    NFL has been weird with home playoffs games in their history.. the 17-0 1972 Miami Dolphins actually played the AFC championship in Pittsburgh because the championship game rotated on Divisional basis back then. They finally changed it soon after... They should change it so best record hosts game no matter who wins the Division.

Live look-in at the race for the NFC East:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...37720843329536

Live look-in at the race for the NFC East:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...37720843329536
    Accurate. I know someone above said that either the Cowboys or Eagles would get in with a 50 percent record. But with the way both teams are playing, its not outside the realms of possibility that the team that wins the NFC east will have a losing record.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    Accurate. I know someone above said that either the Cowboys or Eagles would get in with a 50 percent record. But with the way both teams are playing, its not outside the realms of possibility that the team that wins the NFC east will have a losing record.
    It's still theoretically possible for the Cowboys to win the NFC East at 6-10 and be hosting the 13-3 49ers.

Stolen from Twitter:

Weren't the Cards 7-9 that year they went to the Superbowl and lost to the Steerlers?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Weren't the Cards 7-9 that year they went to the Superbowl and lost to the Steerlers?
    The Cardinals were 9-7 that year. Ironically enough they won the NFC West and were the #4 seed that year and ended up hosting two playoff games (including the NFC championship) against wild card teams that had a better record than they did.

The only teams since the strike shortened 1982 season to make the playoffs with a losing record were the 2010 Seahawks at 7-9 and the 2014 Panthers at 7-8-1. Both won their wildcard playoff game against wildcard teams that were 11-5.

The Cardinals were 9-7 that year. Ironically enough they won the NFC West and were the #4 seed that year and ended up hosting two playoff games (including the NFC championship) against wild card teams that had a better record than they did.

The only teams since the strike shortened 1982 season to make the playoffs with a losing record were the 2010 Seahawks at 7-9 and the 2014 Panthers at 7-8-1. Both won their wildcard playoff game against wildcard teams that were 11-5.
    Supporting the suggestion that seeds should be regardless of division and I agree. I do think you should reward a division win with a playoff spot, but not an automatic home playoff game or first round bye... that doesn't make sense to me.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Best out of pocket QBR in the league.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...that-continue/

Two week’s ago I suggested a reason why they may not be moving the pocket more, but this sure makes it seem like they should.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie