Page 438 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 3383884284364374384394404484885389381438 ... LastLast
Results 4,371 to 4,380 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by THE HERD View Post
    This! Teams are virtually always better the last few weeks of the season, as compared to the first few weeks. Its almost impossible not to be just from a repetition stand point, the only way your not is if your decimated by injuries. The point being is many of you are giving Stick way too much credit for this transformation.
    It is just as easy for me to say you give Stick too little credit, and CW too much. There is evidence available in the last 6 games to dispute what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by professor chaos View Post
    you're also forgetting that the wentz led offense put up more than 340 yards of offense in the 2nd half against uni's defense (which is a pretty darn good defense) earlier in the year and every one of those yards was needed.

Wentz and polasek aren't dummies and i think both of them are smart enough to recognize what worked while wentz was out and, if he does come back, they're not going to veer away from that (as long as it continues to work).
    do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    It is just as easy for me to say you give Stick too little credit, and CW too much. There is evidence available in the last 6 games to dispute what you are saying.
    I give Stick a lot of credit, he's done amazingly well for a Rfr! Bottom line is CW gives us a better chance to win, because well....he is the superior QB. The kicker here is if and when he is actully 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    So, some of you apparently think the Bison O was good against MT? We rarely converted a third down. The game was won by defense and special teams while the O was content to take time off the clock. We Need a good passing attack against UNI or we will be in big trouble.
    Let's not get crazy here. The offense wasn't pressing to convert much of anything on third downs.

Break down:
    1st 3rd down: TD
    2nd 3rd down: Morlock reception short
    3rd 3rd down: after 2 1st downs on drive, inc. pass and flipped field on punt
    4th 3rd down: 1 yd run and converted 4th down and 1
    5th 3rd down: Stick sacked --> missed FG
    6th 3rd down: Rush for no yards. Flipped field
    In between drive: 4 1st downs and TD
    7th 3rd down: end of half
    8th 3rd down: PI on Montana
    9th 3rd down: 4 yard rush short of 1st down. Made FG
    10th 3rd down: 3 yard rush converted 4th and 1
    11th 3rd down: Stick sacked. Flipped field.
    12th 3rd down: 4 yard rush ended short. Flipped field with 71 yard punt.
    13th 3rd down: 1 yard rush. Missed FG.
    14th 3rd down: 2 yard loss rush but converted 4th down.
    15th 3rd down: completed pass short. Didn't convert 4th and 4.
    16th 3rd down: 2 yard rush. Didn't convert 4th.

I know I probably missed some in there but we weren't really doing a lot to convert third downs because there really wasn't a need. The second third down was really the only failure as Morlock was tackled short where they really tried to convert. The rest of the game was about just killing time and pinning Montana deep and making them work for 80 yards or more. We passed on like 3 of our 3rd down attempts. I would be worried if the situation was much more different and we were being stopped rather than rightfully just chewing time and flipping the field. We still had 17 1st downs in the game and held the ball for more than 40 minutes. We killed them in every aspect of the game without even having to worry about pressing on 3rd downs.

For what they needed to do, the offense was great against Montana. 250 yards rushing and 40+ minutes TOP. The third down percentage ended up being a situational outlier in the big picture, not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Let's not get crazy here. The offense wasn't pressing to convert much of anything on third downs.

Break down:

I know I probably missed some in there but we weren't really doing a lot to convert third downs because there really wasn't a need. The second third down was really the only failure as Morlock was tackled short where they really tried to convert. The rest of the game was about just killing time and pinning Montana deep and making them work for 80 yards or more. We passed on like 3 of our 3rd down attempts. I would be worried if the situation was much more different and we were being stopped rather than rightfully just chewing time and flipping the field. We still had 17 1st downs in the game and held the ball for more than 40 minutes. We killed them in every aspect of the game without even having to worry about pressing on 3rd downs.

For what they needed to do, the offense was great against Montana. 250 yards rushing and 40+ minutes TOP. The third down percentage ended up being a situational outlier in the big picture, not a problem.
    The notion that we weren't really trying to convert on 3rd down is ridiculous.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    We were dominating so we played it safe, isn't that the point td577 is making?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post

Break down:

My point is that that sort of offensive output will result in a loss most of the time. IMO, we will not win the UNI game or any game in the playoffs without scoring 4-5 offensive touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Say it how you want. I certainly do think the Bison were trying to convert, but come on. 3rd and 8 and running the ball is not certainly putting the most opportunity rich play out there. If that is really trying, I do have a couple of bridges to sell you. The Bison went into eating time and flip the field mode. If they got a first down, it just meant more time came off. If they didn't, it wasn't skin off anyone's... To say they were putting their best third down package out there would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    My point is that that sort of offensive output will result in a loss most of the time. IMO, we will not win the UNI game or any game in the playoffs without scoring 4-5 offensive touchdowns.
    If those situations called for anything else, I do think there would have been much different play calling and the box score would have reflected different outcomes. That sort of offensive output would be crazy if the game was going in any other way. Now if UNI plays us similarly to the way Montana did, the passing game will be there for the taking anytime they want. I think we could have play actioned their asses all the way to 4-5 offensive TDs if they needed to. Watch the game again. We were averaging 4 1/2 yards a carry and got 17 1st downs with 9 guys in the box. Outside of not pushing it on 3rd downs, the Bison offense was destroying Montana.

I tend to believe there is no funny business here. The coaches know about social media.
    It was going to get out he was practicing. It is what it is.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans