Page 2113 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1113161320132063210321112112211321142115212321632213 ... LastLast
Results 21,121 to 21,130 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Wentz

I look for Foles to start up to game #8 of the season unless he struggles. turn the keys over to Wentz for the second half and stretch run. As much as I want to see Wentz play again, I hope he sits well into the season. Getting hurt is always a possibility, however, reinjuring that same knee prior to 11-12 months recovery would be a disaster. Often times coaches need to protect players from themselves and I think Pederson will in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I look for Foles to start up to game #8 of the season unless he struggles. turn the keys over to Wentz for the second half and stretch run. As much as I want to see Wentz play again, I hope he sits well into the season. Getting hurt is always a possibility, however, reinjuring that same knee prior to 11-12 months recovery would be a disaster. Often times coaches need to protect players from themselves and I think Pederson will in this case.
    These days players are coming back earlier. AP got hurt like week 17 and dominated the league the following season. I bet CW plays week one.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    These days players are coming back earlier. AP got hurt like week 17 and dominated the league the following season. I bet CW plays week one.
    For sure, but I get the feeling from the little bits you hear from Pederson that he isn't in a hurry to let Wentz play. Foles played fantastic football to finish off the season and I truly feel that is why Foles hasn't been traded up to now. I look for Wentz to take over and Foles to get moved to a QB needy team mid-season, cashing in on the big chips. If a contending team loses a QB early, Foles will be worth a lot of trade bait. The Eagles are sitting in the Big Chair if Wentz gets healthy and stays healthy. The History of trying to repeat is the only thing in Philly's way. The Eagles are loaded!!!!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wentz is playing week 1... they won't sit their best QB for 8 weeks. Teams will figure out how to contain Foles, there's a reason he's a backup QB. Carson is the kind of player that can counter what defenses try to do to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Wentz is playing week 1... they won't sit their best QB for 8 weeks. Teams will figure out how to contain Foles, there's a reason he's a backup QB. Carson is the kind of player that can counter what defenses try to do to stop him.
    If you had a franchise QB for the next 10+ years, would you throw him in knowing he's only 80-90%? No. If he's not 100% by week 1, he will sit.

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    If you had a franchise QB for the next 10+ years, would you throw him in knowing he's only 80-90%? No. If he's not 100% by week 1, he will sit.
    If he is healthy they will play him. That's how football works.

Im sure if he's still hurt they'll their time. I'm guessing he'll be fine just from how quickly some of these other guys have been able to get back on the field.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    While giving to the needy is noble, I hope he is taking the proper safety measures. Haiti is a corrupt place.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    While giving to the needy is noble, I hope he is taking the proper safety measures. Haiti is a corrupt place.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Carson does his due diligence before he does anything. Plus it’s his second trip there and there will be many more in the future

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What if Foles takes the Eagles to 7-0 or 6-1, which is a distinct possibility with their schedule? That combined with the playoff run he had, I doubt those keys simply get handed over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.