Page 2151 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1151165120512101214121492150215121522153216122012251 ... LastLast
Results 21,501 to 21,510 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    It's comical how off he was really. How do you not even have what most experts projected as the one of the top 3 QB's in that draft not in your top 10? Somehow he's still considered an "expert" too.
    Based on Emory's history, he seems to prefer QBs that come from option-read type systems. While this type of offense is showing up more in the NFL, it's really hard to maintain success with it due to the speed of everyone at that level. Unfortunately, he's too stubborn to admit to this and allows for himself to look dumb in the end. Yes, every once in awhile, he's correct on a QB that he prefers, but even those QBs eventually have to learn to play from the pocket in the NFL if they don't want to end up like RGIII, who had tremendous potential destroyed by injuries sustained from running. His biggest pick so far has been Russell Wilson. Russell has the ability to gain big yardage with his feet, but even he had to learn a few years ago from injuries, to stay in the pocket and get rid of the ball quickly.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Based on Emory's history, he seems to prefer QBs that come from option-read type systems. While this type of offense is showing up more in the NFL, it's really hard to maintain success with it due to the speed of everyone at that level. Unfortunately, he's too stubborn to admit to this and allows for himself to look dumb in the end. Yes, every once in awhile, he's correct on a QB that he prefers, but even those QBs eventually have to learn to play from the pocket in the NFL if they don't want to end up like RGIII, who had tremendous potential destroyed by injuries sustained from running. His biggest pick so far has been Russell Wilson. Russell has the ability to gain big yardage with his feet, but even he had to learn a few years ago from injuries, to stay in the pocket and get rid of the ball quickly.
    He doesn't like quarterbacks from NDSU.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Carson Wentz turning heads in camp with improved accuracy & velocity

The NFL is being put on notice because even while rehabbing from a torn ACL, Carson Wentz improved leaps and bounds in the two areas that are most important.

The constant observation regarding Wentz centers around his improved velocity and accuracy on his passes in 7-on-7 and 11-on-11.

During his meeting with media and reporters, head coach Doug Pederson harped on Wentz improved mechanics.

"Those are things we track actually with the footballs and things that we have,” said Doug Pederson when asked if Wentz’s velocity has improved from last year to this year. "We can monitor that stuff. Velocity has been up, accuracy has been up. Those are the things he’s been able to work on over the course of the year.

"He got better last year, obviously, in games. To me it’s all about eye placement, decision-making, accuracy, timing. It’s all about the eyes and where you throw it and how you see it. That’s one thing he’s continued to get better at and work on. I do feel like now, because of the injury, he’s focusing a little more on lower body strength. It’s really correlated to velocity and overall speed of the throw.”

Even with an injured knee, Wentz put in the proper work, as Doug Pederson attributed Carson’s improved velocity to increased lower body strength, with quarterbacks coach Press Taylor adding that it was due in part to Wentz working on his upper body as well.

"I think his velocity has been great, Taylor said. "Obviously he has had a lot of time to work on his upper body. I think his arm endurance has been really good. He’s been able to maintain those high-velocity throws throughout camp, throughout practice, which has been good to see.”

Wentz has avoided buying into the hype surrounding his improved arm strength, choosing to focus instead on making sure he can make all his throws, in an extremely accurate fashion.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2...racy-velocity/

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    He doesn't like quarterbacks from NDSU.
    Well, as fans, we've been pretty merciless on him for his FCS Championship predictions (if I remember correctly, he not only predicted the Bison to lose, but usually by a lot because our team lacked athleticism) against Illinois State and Jacksonville State. I thinks that's about the time he became somewhat of an anti-NDSU guy.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Well, as fans, we've been pretty merciless on him for his FCS Championship predictions (if I remember correctly, he not only predicted the Bison to lose, but usually by a lot because our team lacked athleticism) against Illinois State and Jacksonville State. I thinks that's about the time he became somewhat of an anti-NDSU guy.
    Ha! He should keep picking against NDSU as far as I'm concerned. Heck, I didn't mind that he was down on Carson either - it was his reasoning that was problematic for me.

BTW, speaking of awesome evaluations:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...nstead-memphis

His [Carson's] feet are cement most of the time and he is oblivious to pressure which leads to lots of unnecessary sacks. He is definitely tough however and he rarely looks shaken, which is a major plus to him. However, he opens himself up to way too many negative plays in the pocket. On the flip side, Lynch moves incredibly well

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Ha! He should keep picking against NDSU as far as I'm concerned. Heck, I didn't mind that he was down on Carson either - it was his reasoning that was problematic for me.

Nice find

When you're in his business a bunch of fans giving you grief doesn't strike me as much of an excuse for losing your credibility.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Dang, that dude had no idea what he was writing about. The next paragraph was full of inaccuracies:

Carson Wentz has a very strong arm, but his poor touch down the field really negates what he should be able to do. On the other hand, Paxton Lynch is an outstanding deep passer who can hit any spot down the field on a dime. Lynch and Wentz both come from spread systems where neither had to make very complicated reads, which is a hill they both need to climb, but it is important to note how much more efficient Lynch was at Memphis than Wentz was at North Dakota state.
    Lynch and "being accurate" should not be the same sentence. One of the 104.3 TheFan personalities had a conversation with a Broncos personnel last week during training camp and was told that Denver's new punter, Marquette King, is more accurate kicking the ball 60 to 70 yards than Paxton is throwing the ball 15 yards.

I doubt Carson will ever have this issue: https://www.gofundme.com/cutting-paxton-lynch
    Hail the BISON!!!

“I obviously would love to be out there (Week 1). That’s been my goal all offseason, ever since the injury. It’s gonna be close. It’s gonna be close. I am still eyeing that date, but at the end of the day it is not just my decision. There’s coaches and doctors that really have the final say, but I really like where I am at and time will tell here.”

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ck-injury-knee

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So what's Ben reviewing these days instead of QBs? Sewing machines? Bowling balls? TV shows?