Page 1664 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 6641164156416141654166216631664166516661674171417642164 ... LastLast
Results 16,631 to 16,640 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    The hype wagon started the second we finished off Jax State. From that point on, he did what he had to do, my hunch is that he doesn't go #2 to the Eagles without Frisco.
    Completely disagree with that. He does not go 2 if his FB IQ did not blow people away. BTT Frisco rolled around scouts were already on to his talent. Shoooottt teams were sending the heads of their scouting operations to fargo well before firsco.

He did not need Friso to show he could make all the throws. They already knew that. He needed the interviews to show his skills would translate to the NFL. My .02

Crazy thing is I am almost sure that a Philadelphia Eagles scout was at the USD game that he broke his wrist in. It had to been that game or the one before it.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Best Christmas gift. Eagles Wentz jersey. Thanks Mrs. Son of a Bison!

[QUOTE=bloodmakesthegrassgrow;1187679]
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I won't argue the fact that he his number one goal was to play for the Natty, but the dude made Millions more and solidified his draft status by playing well in that game.[/QUOTE

Actually, it was his worst game of the year.
    Worst passing game of the year, best rushing game of the year.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Followed another link from that page and found this:

http://m.philadelphiaeagles.com/s/31...33474011363012

Carson top Philly sports story for 2016
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...html?mobi=true

It's sure frustrating reading crap and listening to jokers-announcers regarding Carson Wentz. You continually see references to Wentz' supposed lack of credentials and prowess because he played at FCS North Dakota State. Last week against the Giants, his pick was because he played at NDSU and had to realize NFL defenders are faster. Eli Manning threw 3 picks and one of them was almost exactly like Carson's (except that Eli would have been sacked in Carson's position). Does Eli not realize NFL defenders are faster? How are the other 2016 rookie QB's doing in comparison to Wentz. Aren't most or all of them from 1A schools? The only one who is doing better than Wentz is Prescott, and he's got a wealth of talent around him Carson could only dream of. A great offensive line and a heck of a running back to take pressure off him. How many times has he been sacked? Hit? He has a host of receivers who can get open, run routes and CATCH passes.

When the Eagles and the Cowboys met the first time, the Eagles should have been 5-1 Same as Dallas. In that game a fake punt leads to a Dallas FG. A Smallwood fumble deep in Cowboy's Territory leads to a Dallas FG. Coach, Pederson elects to punt instead of kicking a FG. Dallas wins in OT. Going forward, they then lost their best Offensive Lineman in Johnson. Immediately followed by injuries to running backs and a couple of other offensive linemen. Outside of a middle talented couple of tight ends, there has been no receiver corps to speak of. And the running backs are far less than spectacular (and have been plagued by the aforementioned injuries). Defense has had injuries and has been up and down, but has generally been better than the offense. Carson has had to deal with a lot of pressure and hits-sacks.

I think Carson came into the season excited and confident. And showed it. Making the 'he played college ball at FCS NDSU' argument at present, silly and annoying. Yes, defenses and DC's would make some adjustments, but mostly things beyond his control, as defined above had a lot to do with his, I believe, losing some enthusiasm and shaking his confidence. He might be getting a little of that back now at the end of the season. Swagger is a big thing. I also don't think Coach Pederson has been the best help.

Well said and right on.

We really enjoyed going to Philly to watch Carson but the stupid mistakes by the Eagles were unbearable.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Followed another link from that page and found this:

http://m.philadelphiaeagles.com/s/31...33474011363012
    That screen to DGB shows the Eagles were right in trading for him. Outside of the pass being put on the numbers, he got absolutely no help on that play. The 2 WR's ran their guys off but didn't really throw a block, which they can do because both Matthews and Agholor threw pretty darn good blocks on Sproles TD run. The OL didn't get there in time to touch anybody and DGB still got almost 10 yards out of it by juking 2 LB's. This is one of the most frustrating things that I've seen out of Philly this year. Their WR's have talent but too many drops and bonehead decisions makes you question that talent. Also nothing against Ryan Mathews but if they would have kept DeMarco Murray I wonder how that would have changed things for this offense this year.