Page 2233 of 2246 FirstFirst ... 12331733213321832223223122322233223422352243 ... LastLast
Results 22,321 to 22,330 of 22456

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Wentz has had a much better start to his career than Big Ben and other hall of famers. I think people forgot how poor some hall of famers played their first 3 plus years. Go back and look at some QBs stats and you will be surprised how well Wentz matches up and exceeds them. Plus it seems they all had two poor years in their first five.
    it's almost like the game has changed in the last 30 years.

Carson will be fine. Get healthy and come out next year ready to go.

The team was not the same as it was last year. Super Bowl hangover maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Wentz has had a much better start to his career than Big Ben and other hall of famers. I think people forgot how poor some hall of famers played their first 3 plus years. Go back and look at some QBs stats and you will be surprised how well Wentz matches up and exceeds them. Plus it seems they all had two poor years in their first five.
    Wow, just wow. Hall of Fame? Wentz has not done anything to even put him remotely in the HOF conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by pantherhawkrolling View Post
    Wow, just wow. Hall of Fame? Wentz has not done anything to even put him remotely in the HOF conversation.
    Where did he say Wentz does belong in HOF conversaton? Read much?

Look at every win and loss, you will see a common theme. When Doug calls a balanced game between run and pass and they have more the 100 yards rushing they win every time. When he gets pass happy and they have a 2-1 pass to run ratio they lose. It's pretty damn simple. When you can run the football and stop the run you win games. Its football 101 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Look at every win and loss, you will see a common theme. When Doug calls a balanced game between run and pass and they have more the 100 yards rushing they win every time. When he gets pass happy and they have a 2-1 pass to run ratio they lose. It's pretty damn simple. When you can run the football and stop the run you win games. Its football 101 people.
    Wentz has authority to change play, run to pass, etc., at LOS and donít think Foles does or he just doesnít do it as much.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

Quote Originally Posted by pantherhawkrolling View Post
    You are quite funny. I never said Wentz was a HOF. He needs to stay healthy to have a great career. There are way too many people that forget how most HOF QBs grew into their career and how most started out fairly inconsistent. It seems like most started to excel in year 4 and 5. That was my point and that Wentz has actually started off really well except for the injuries. Big Ben didn't get decent for more than five years.

I was a huge Elway rube, but if I was honest he was terribly inconsistent (until the last two minutes anyway) until Shanahan came along which was over eight years into his career. People these days just like to bash current athletes without thinking about real history and facts.

The Eagles also prove how difficult it is to repeat due to injuries and lack of focus. This makes what the Bison and Alabama have done all the more impressive.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Wentz has authority to change play, run to pass, etc., at LOS and don’t think Foles does or he just doesn’t do it as much.
    Maybe Foles does have the authority and he's putting them in better plays.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Maybe Foles does have the authority and he's putting them in better plays.
    Thatís a real possibility that I hadnít considered.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

Trent Dilfer was on the Doug Gottleib show tonight and they were talking about the Eagles. He said head coaches have a tendency to get lazy with star quarterbacks. That they tend to kind of gloss over things and expect the QB to pick up the slack, but when a backup is in their focus becomes much more focused and they will spend more time and energy putting them in position to succeed. I'm thinking that might have been the entire Eagles organization this year.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk