Page 1061 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 61561961101110511059106010611062106310711111116115612061 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,610 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    So the pick is in and the final choice has been made? All the Rams have done up to this point is put themselves in the #1 position to draft the quarterback of their choice. They have 2 weeks to make that choice and UNTIL that happens anything can happen, especially in an NFL organization. I don't know how you can make a statement like you did especially when you are not inside the Rams football operations.
    Because no good GM moves up to #1 without knowing who they want. They are playing the NFLs game.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Me too. Goff has way more experience throwing NFL-type passes, not only because of offense he played in, but also because he just had more chances. Reminds me of Rodgers, not only because of size and Cal, but also because he appears to have really good/quick feet. I'm all in, with Bowler yet to act.

Edit: don't take me wrong, I like Wentz better. Way better arm and personality/disposition.
    Except for the only thing they have in common is coming from Cal. Completely different systems and styles.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

So the pick is in and the final choice has been made? All the Rams have done up to this point is put themselves in the #1 position to draft the quarterback of their choice. They have 2 weeks to make that choice and UNTIL that happens anything can happen, especially in an NFL organization. I don't know how you can make a statement like you did especially when you are not inside the Rams football operations.
    I would respectfully have to disagree with this statement...there's no way you give up a haul of picks like that and not know who you're drafting. They made their decision and now have made the move before any other teams beat them to the punch. I certainly could be wrong and the Rams may never indicate their thought process, but I'm guessing they're set with who they're picking.
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    No Duane's Pizza in LA?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Uncle Pucknut may wind up having to take Carson to Wolfgang Puck's.

Obviously my Intel was bad if Puck says he wasn't meeting with LA today. Damn that guy at the Nestor seemed so reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Uncle Pucknut may wind up having to take Carson to Wolfgang Puck's.
    Ah, I think it's time for Carson to buy from here on out.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfaithful View Post
    Obviously my Intel was bad if Puck says he wasn't meeting with LA today. Damn that guy at the Nestor seemed so reliable.
    don't you mean the molester?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I think Fisher's comments at the end of this short interview is a tell-tale that they are going with Wentz:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/sto...goff-no-1-pick
    What I heard was "Carson will win us a... he'll be in a Superbowl".

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfaithful View Post
    The Nestor! Lmao. Classy joint. A friend got in a fisticuff with a dude which ended up out side, the guy's girlfriend bit my friend in the calf. Apparently at least one of her 4 teeth pieced his skin and he got a nasty infection. His calf swelled up to 3x his size. Ah the good old days.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In the press conference both Fisher and Snead seemed pretty confident. They said they were 90-95% done with the first pick. Also stated they won't be revealing who they're picking because what would we talk about for the next two weeks. My take away, they know who their picking and they seem pretty damn happy to have the no.1 pick.

Which leads me and it might be wishful thinking they are going Wentz. Mariucci, Gruden, Mayock, and Benoit all sat down with both just like NFL teams have been doing. The first two both act like they like both and they really won't say who is their top guy because of their respective tv shows. Mayock and Benoit both liked Goff, but they both loved Wentz and have him as the front runner. Then Hue Jackson's silent wow at Wentz's pro day and the "there's your guy" comment someone made to Garret at the Senior Bowl. It just seems a lot of NFL coaches or former coaches or just very well informed media scouts keep falling in love with Wentz especially the ones that have met with both. The Rams seem in love with their decision. They also as an organization have been stead fast on holding off on a quarterback, well until now. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I think Fisher's comments at the end of this short interview is a tell-tale that they are going with Wentz:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/sto...goff-no-1-pick

Agree.

10 characters