Page 2274 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1274177421742224226422722273227422752276228423242374 ... LastLast
Results 22,731 to 22,740 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Lakes said "semi enclosed " which basically means closed 8 months out of the year.

I think there are plenty of events out there but if there were 2 indoor stadiums, it would dilute everything and both would run into the red. Current the Fargodome runs in the black.

If NDSU had an outdoor stadium, it could only do events from June to September and would lose insane amounts of money.

Fargo doesnt need another giant arena. It needs a medium sized arena and that's something the private sector can handle.

NDSU hasnt even figured out how to use the SHAC for concerts, not sure how they would handle a giant arena.

You could use the stadium 8 months out of the year easily. Dec/Jan/Feb/March would be the only dates affected.

as far as Carson Wentz is concerned... I am REALLY SADDENED that he's stuck in Philadelphia... hate that city, its people, its attitude. total shithole.
    You think his agent said to Philly... "Listen, Carson is gonna leave Philly if he hits the market, so you better lock him up!" because I guarantee that's what the agent said!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    You could use the stadium 8 months out of the year easily. Dec/Jan/Feb/March would be the only dates affected.

as far as Carson Wentz is concerned... I am REALLY SADDENED that he's stuck in Philadelphia... hate that city, its people, its attitude. total shithole.
    You think his agent said to Philly... "Listen, Carson is gonna leave Philly if he hits the market, so you better lock him up!" because I guarantee that's what the agent said!
    8 months out of the year is pretty optimistic. I dont think there is a promoter on the planet willing to risk millions promoting a concert outdoors in November where the average high is 37 or March where it's so crappy outside, blizzard's prevent us from diving to Sioux Falls for the Summit League tournament. Arguably October and April are bad months too. June - September are the only safe months. Maybe early October or late May. We would struggle just convincing bands to play in 40 degrees.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

You can have all the negative opinions about Philly that you want, but the Eagles have a very well-run organization. That in and of itself makes Philly attractive for NFL players.

Hopefully, the "Dak>Wentz" crowd get their way and the Cowboys get Dak a bigger contract.

I mean, it doesn't hurt Carson any, Prescott (a good guy) gets rich, and the Cowboys doom themselves. It's a push-win-win.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I love how every time a NDSU athlete runs into some money, the folks on this board start spending it for them.

While I don't know, I'm pretty confident that his philanthropy is for a higher calling than sports stadiums and practice facilities. Maybe hungry kids or disaster relief or any of a thousand more important things to donate money towards than college sports.

With that said, here are a few charities some of you could shuttle a few dollars towards. I guarantee each of these is impacting or has impacted someone on Bisonville (I know this because they all impact me).

Juvenile or Type 1 Diabetes (my niece suffers from this)
    https://www.jdrf.org

Cystic Fibrosis (fraternity brother has 2 children that are afflicted)
    https://www.cff.org

Teen Suicide Prevention (another fraternity brother had a son take his own life at the age of 15; they established this foundation to help with teen depression and suicide)
    https://robbies-hope.com
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    I love how every time a NDSU athlete runs into some money, the folks on this board start spending it for them.

While I don't know, I'm pretty confident that his philanthropy is for a higher calling than sports stadiums and practice facilities. Maybe hungry kids or disaster relief or any of a thousand more important things to donate money towards than college sports.

With that said, here are a few charities some of you could shuttle a few dollars towards. I guarantee each of these is impacting or has impacted someone on Bisonville (I know this because they all impact me).

Juvenile or Type 1 Diabetes (my niece suffers from this)
    https://www.jdrf.org

Cystic Fibrosis (fraternity brother has 2 children that are afflicted)
    https://www.cff.org

Teen Suicide Prevention (another fraternity brother had a son take his own life at the age of 15; they established this foundation to help with teen depression and suicide)
    https://robbies-hope.com
    As someone who has dealt with Type I since 1991, heck no to JDRF. In my opinion, the cure would mean the end of their organization, and hence why they don't support promising studies. That's why I've sent my money directly to this organization: https://www.faustmanlab.org/
    Hail the BISON!!!

Twitter @FieldYates

Carson Wentz contract breakdown:
    Signing bonus: $16,367,683
    Base salary/roster bonuses:
    2019: $720K
    2020: $1.383M & $8M
    2021: $3.9M & 10M
    2022: $18.5M & $1K
    2023: $18M & $5M
    2024: $21M & $5M
    Team option for 2020: $30M
    Incentives/escalators: $16M
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    You can have all the negative opinions about Philly that you want, but the Eagles have a very well-run organization. That in and of itself makes Philly attractive for NFL players.
    I think their medical staff is pretty questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I think their medical staff is pretty questionable.
    Could be worse... he could be playing for the Golden State Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Could be worse... he could be playing for the Golden State Warriors.
    OR SDSU Football!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.