Page 2072 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 10721572197220222062207020712072207320742082212221722572 ... LastLast
Results 20,711 to 20,720 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Wentz rarely had games with pockets as clean as Foles got. Eagles OL really stepped up their pass protection in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Carson is a competitor...but sometimes that turns him into a liability.
    A lot like Darin Erstad.

He played so aggressively that it likely shortened his career.

-From azquotes.com

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    As soon as his rookie deal is up and he starts eating up $30 mil of the Eagles cap things start to get tight at other positions. I guess that gives them 3 more years, but I'm guessing they will sign him to his next deal early. The Eagles went all in this year with free agency. And it paid off, they are super bowl champs! With Carson they will have a chance but this window will close before you know it. This is the NFL, not FCS football. There will be a few lean years after that and then hopefully for him another window opens.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    So if the Pats can do it, and I would argue that’s what Rossman (sp) did this year is very similar, why can’t Philly follow that model? The key is putting money in key positions, like Brady, and then finding the role players. I think you overstated your argument and under estimate what the Pats have done and what more teams are starting to do.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wentz rarely had games with pockets as clean as Foles got. Eagles OL really stepped up their pass protection in the playoffs.
    Some of that was scheme in developing the RPO plays to fit Foles. Some of the play designs and calls by Peterson and execution by the Eagles were a thing of beauty. Some of those fade routes and passes Foles made on RPO's (and the catches) were perfectly executed plays with little margin for error. And of course the offensive lines know once you get into the playoffs holding is rarely, if ever, called. You know how many holding calls were called on offensive linemen in the AFC and NFC Championship games and the Super Bowl? Zero!!
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    So if the Pats can do it, and I would argue that’s what Rossman (sp) did this year is very similar, why can’t Philly follow that model? The key is putting money in key positions, like Brady, and then finding the role players. I think you overstated your argument and under estimate what the Pats have done and what more teams are starting to do.
    Exactly. I despise the Patriots (and really admire them at the same time) for all their success over the last 17 years. The thing that has impressed me the most is the play of their offensive line over that period. Tom Brady has played in a pretty damn clean pocket for a long, long time. Hell, non-Patriot fans, name one starting lineman they've had over the last 17 years? Name one offensive lineman they gave a big contract too? Too them, their model is having 5 quality guys that can fit in their system and a quarter back that complements them by getting the ball out fast.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I cannot believe Carson allowed this to happen!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...-bowl.amp.html

(Don’t know how to do purple)

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I always laugh at that because every QB is a system QB. Brady is the biggest example of that, when he has missed games other QB's have won there too. It all comes down to coaching IMO. Just look at the Rams with Fisher and then with McVay. It's a shame that Pederson didn't win COY this year.
    He got one vote. Ridiculous

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    He got one vote. Ridiculous
    Bounty or Brawney?

One of the things that bode well for Carson is that the head coach is the play caller. As long as he does a great job at it, you know you are not going to lose your play-caller after having success thus having to break in a new one and form a rapport with him.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I cannot believe Carson allowed this to happen!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...-bowl.amp.html

(Don’t know how to do purple)
    I'm surprised that's all that happened based on the size of the crowds. In the end it was tame compared to what they were expecting.