Page 1707 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 7071207160716571697170517061707170817091717175718072207 ... LastLast
Results 17,061 to 17,070 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    If Fournette is next AP, the Eagles should not take him. Love AP, but. He has never been worth a shit catching ball or pass protecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was it AP or was it who was the QB for all those years. I mean, Brett Favre didn't have any trouble finding AP out of the backfield. That year, AP had 43 catches for 436yds. That ranked him 5th among running backs in receiving. Over 10 yrds per reception, the only back with more yrds per reception that year was Sproles with 11.

I'm fairly sure Fournette will not be an Eagle as he'll be gone by the 14th pick. That makes it easier for the Eagles to pick the better back (in my opinion), Dalvin Cook.

Yes, I'm well aware that the Eagles are in need of other positions, but to be a complete, well-balanced offense, they're going to need an elite RB. Right now, their only option is the draft in the first round.
    Hail the BISON!!!

BisonTru is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm fairly sure Fournette will not be an Eagle as he'll be gone by the 14th pick. That makes it easier for the Eagles to pick the better back (in my opinion), Dalvin Cook.

Yes, I'm well aware that the Eagles are in need of other positions, but to be a complete, well-balanced offense, they're going to need an elite RB. Right now, their only option is the draft in the first round.
    Take Mixon in the second and get a CB in the first. JMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Take Mixon in the second and get a CB in the first. JMO.
    That's taking two risks with that option. First, giving up the chance to draft a franchise RB and second, drafting a RB with issues that might alienate many of your team's fans.
    Hail the BISON!!!

BisonTru is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's taking two risks with that option. First, giving up the chance to draft a franchise RB and second, drafting a RB with issues that might alienate many of your team's fans.
    Here's the list of first round RBs going back 8 years. Plenty of misses, so as much as you like Cook and I like Fournette either or both of us could be wrong.

Ezekiel Elliot
    Todd Gurley
    Melvin Gordon
    Trent Richardson
    Doug Martin
    David Wilson
    Mark Ingram
    CJ Spiller
    Ryan Mathews
    Jahvid Best
    Knowshon Moreno
    Donald Brown
    Beanie Wells
    Darren McFadden
    Jonathan Stewart
    Felix Jones
    Rachard Mendenhall
    Chris Johnson

This is a very good CB class and that's the Eagles biggest need.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Here's the list of first round RBs going back 8 years. Plenty of misses, so as much as you like Cook and I like Fournette either or both of us could be wrong.

Ezekiel Elliot
    Todd Gurley
    Melvin Gordon
    Trent Richardson
    Doug Martin
    David Wilson
    Mark Ingram
    CJ Spiller
    Ryan Mathews
    Jahvid Best
    Knowshon Moreno
    Donald Brown
    Beanie Wells
    Darren McFadden
    Jonathan Stewart
    Felix Jones
    Rachard Mendenhall
    Chris Johnson

This is a very good CB class and that's the Eagles biggest need.
    The grand majority of those RBs you listed were not first round material to begin with in my opinion prior to their respective drafts (especially any RB coming from Alabama). The same thing can be said of RBs not taken in the first round, but I felt should have (i.e. David Johnson and Le'Veon Bell).

Of the RBs in this draft, only one in my opinion is worth being taken in the first round.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Christopher, you aren't mentioning McCaffrey as a potential eagle because you are already picturing him playing for your Broncos. Would love to see him help the eagles as a RB, wr and return man

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    Christopher, you aren't mentioning McCaffrey as a potential eagle because you are already picturing him playing for your Broncos. Would love to see him help the eagles as a RB, wr and return man
    Actually, as much as I would LOVE to see Christian as a Broncos (and keeping him away from Belichick), they have a few more important needs to fill with the #20 pick.

With that said, I honestly wouldn't grade Christian as a first round RB. However, when you include his ability as a slot receiver, then "maybe."
    Hail the BISON!!!

Actually, as much as I would LOVE to see Christian as a Broncos (and keeping him away from Belichick), they have a few more important needs to fill with the #20 pick.

With that said, I honestly wouldn't grade Christian as a first round RB. However, when you include his ability as a slot receiver, then "maybe."
    I would say if a team's plan was a lot of touches a game in different ways like backfield, slot, and returns in any combination, he is a first rounder. Cone to think of it, should he be considered any different than a Percy Harvin coming out of college? He was the 22nd pick in his draft. Not the percy he became, but what he was then. If you are thinking that kind of flexibility, i would say 1st.

He is certainly an interesting guy to follow in the draft. If a team uses him right, they will get a good deal no matter where he is drafted.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    If Fournette is next AP, the Eagles should not take him. Love AP, but. He has never been worth a shit catching ball or pass protecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The problem with AP wasn't what he couldn't do, it was the team being held hostage by his contact and style of play to compliment him. When they got some guys around him, they couldn't afford to keep them. Then when he had the most value after the 2000 yard season, his contact was untradeable. Lots of lessons about how not to handle a superstar.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk