Page 2120 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1120162020202070211021182119212021212122213021702220 ... LastLast
Results 21,191 to 21,200 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Being that he’s done everything I felt he would do, only at a much quicker pace, I say he will be in the conversation of best of all time in ten years.

His career reminds me of someone I was in pro wrestling school with - The Prototype. Both have the right mixture of talent that is hard to deny success.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Being that he’s done everything I felt he would do, only at a much quicker pace, I say he will be in the conversation of best of all time in ten years.

His career reminds me of someone I was in pro wrestling school with - The Prototype. Both have the right mixture of talent that is hard to deny success.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Wait. You were in pro wrestling school? So how did that go and did you have a moniker picked out?

Default Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Wait. You were in pro wrestling school? So how did that go and did you have a moniker picked out?
    I went to the Ohio Valley Wrestling school immediately after college. I enjoyed the “performing” part of the industry, but disliked the culture that existed behind the scenes (you learn quickly why so many don’t make it past 45).

I left after six months because of boredom (First, the WWF had just bought the WCW and sent most of the unused talent to the OVW, which resulted into a bottleneck of being able to train in-ring. Secondly, the only three people - The Prototype, Shelton Benjamin and Rico Constantino - who were willing to train with me were in the transition of moving up to the main roster) and that I was still eligible to train at the USOTC for the Olympics because of my University National Championship in 2000. Also, it helped that USAW had just hired my coach from NDSU, Pete Isais, as their new National Events Director. FYI, Pete’s son just finished his first year as a WR as a Bison.

As far as my gimmick went, I planned on using my Majestic monicker I came up when I was in the ninth grade. Unfortunately by the time 2001 came around, the WWF wanted to rid themselves of comic-book personalities and be more realistic. This is why “The Prototype” never existed on the main roster. I knew his first name was John, but did not know his last name was Cena until I was living at the USOTC and saw him make his TV debut against Kurt Angle in 2002.

In regards to me “performing,” I’ve posted this gem before. It’s the only match I was a part of during my time in Louisville, KY (technically, it was Jeffersonville, IN at the time).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_sb1j-0lSjI

Hail the BISON!!!

I went to the Ohio Valley Wrestling school immediately after college. I enjoyed the “performing” part of the industry, but disliked the culture that existed behind the scenes (you learn quickly why so many don’t make it past 45).

I left after six months because of boredom (First, the WWF had just bought the WCW and sent most of the unused talent to the OVW, which resulted into a bottleneck of being able to train in-ring. Secondly, the only three people - The Prototype, Shelton Benjamin and Rico Constantino - who were willing to train with me were in the transition of moving up to the main roster) and that I was still eligible to train at the USOTC for the Olympics because of my University National Championship in 2000. Also, it helped that USAW had just hired my coach from NDSU, Pete Isais, as their new National Events Director. FYI, Pete’s son just finished his first year as a WR as a Bison.

As far as my gimmick went, I planned on using my Majestic monicker I came up when I was in the ninth grade. Unfortunately by the time 2001 came around, the WWF wanted to rid themselves of comic-book personalities and be more realistic. This is why “The Prototype” never existed on the main roster. I knew his first name was John, but did not know his last name was Cena until I was living at the USOTC and saw him make his TV debut against Kurt Angle in 2002.

In regards to me “performing,” I’ve posted this gem before. It’s the only match I was a part of during my time in Louisville, KY (technically, it was Jeffersonville, IN at the time).

That’s awesome. You did alright. I was a huge rasslin fan back in the 70’s to 90’s. Unwatchable for me now.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Former NFL quarterback thinks Carson Wentz will reach GOAT status

FTA: “I live in Philadelphia. I can not go anywhere in Philadelphia where someone doesn’t talk to me about how much they love Carson Wentz. When I tell people I live in Philadelphia, they always wants to tell me how much they love Carson Wentz and how great he is. 18 wins in his first 29 starts. He’s already in the NFL history books for most completions within his first 24 starts. 540 completions. I look at it like this."

https://go.redirectingat.com/?id=669...OAT-discussion
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Wait a tick... did you just say you used to train with John mother loving Cena?!!?

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NFL people to root for: Larry Fitzgerald, Carson Wentz, Eric Berry

FTA: I love that guy.

It's cool to root for players from other teams. One of my favorite players of all time is A.J. Hawk. He's best known for being a Bengal. It just happens sometimes.

Here's my current list of my favorite people from each NFL team. I'm not saying they're the best. Or the most exciting. Or even that you need to go purchase their jersey at NFL Shop Dot Com. (Though, that would be cool.) I just want to share this list with you, because I'm a giver. And it's what I do

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: Carson Wentz, QB

I want to say the whole team, because the Eagles are a likeable bunch whom nobody (outside of the NFC East) could be mad at. But if I had to pick a guy, I'd go with Carson. Mostly because he's not super-sensitive about his backup winning a Super Bowl. Which probably isn't something you'd say of a lot of marquee QBs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ntz-eric-berry
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    Wait a tick... did you just say you used to train with John mother loving Cena?!!?
    Yes. Dude, despite never being an actual wrestler in his youth, could chain wrestling nearly as good as Shelton Benjamin in practice. Also, for a muscular person, he had amazing flexibility.

He was fun to work with except for the part where he got me out of my bad habit of coming off the mat too quick and rolling left instead of right (it was a rule that when taking a beat down, you always fed the shining wrestler your left arm). To rid me of this habit, he’d deliver a “nice” chop slap. After a few of those, I learned to come up slower.

Hail the BISON!!!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes. Dude, despite never being an actual wrestler in his youth, could chain wrestling nearly as good as Shelton Benjamin in practice. Also, for a muscular person, he had amazing flexibility.

He was fun to work with except for the part where he got me out of my bad habit of coming off the mat too quick and rolling left instead of right (it was a rule that when taking a beat down, you always fed the shining wrestler your left arm). To rid me of this habit, he’d deliver a “nice” chop slap. After a few of those, I learned to come up slower.

I hate to get this thread too far off topic, but how is the relationship between "real wrestling" and "performance wrestling"?