Page 2469 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1469196923692419245924672468246924702471247925192569 ... LastLast
Results 24,681 to 24,690 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Eagles need OL. Trade up and get either that tackle from Iowa or Alabama. Getting up to 10 should snag one of them. Draft receivers with the next 2 picks.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Eagles did trade for a CB
    Also signed him to a 3 year extension

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ble...tz-rumors-news
    Likely why the Eagles gave up on acquiring Hopkins. Must have had prior talks going on with the Lions and the draft picks. I obviously would have preferred Carson get Hopkins over Slay.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Eagles need OL. Trade up and get either that tackle from Iowa or Alabama. Getting up to 10 should snag one of them. Draft receivers with the next 2 picks.
    I think they are gonna start Dillard at LT this season. They aren't trading up to take a tackle. Guessing their first pick will be WR.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I think they are gonna start Dillard at LT this season. They aren't trading up to take a tackle. Guessing their first pick will be WR.
    O linemen are how you win football games. NDSU fans should know that better than anyone.

O linemen are how you win football games. NDSU fans should know that better than anyone.
    Any chance the Eagles look at picking up Joe Haeg? He played with Wentz so maybe he can put in a recommendation......

Of course but they just traded up to take Dillard last year. They have an all-pro C, RG and RT. They still have 2 draft picks as backups. WR is their biggest need, I doubt they use their first rounder on anything other then a WR.

I just hope Darius Slay stays healthy and does not get injured. Jim Schwartz players are more injury prone than any other players in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    I just hope Darius Slay stays healthy and does not get injured. Jim Schwartz players are more injury prone than any other players in the league.
    Did he have the same problem at other teams?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

The Detroit Lions selected Slay in the second round (36th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft.[6]

On May 3, 2013, Slay underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee. On May 13, 2013, the Detroit Lions signed Slay to a four-year, $5.28 million contract that included $3.12 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $2.22 million.[7][8]

Head coach Jim Schwartz named Slay the starting cornerback to begin his rookie season.

He earned his first start in his professional regular season debut during the 2013 season opener against the Minnesota Vikings and recorded four solo tackles and a pass deflection as the Lions won 34–24. On September 29, 2013, Slay had a season-high seven combined tackles and a defense pass in a 40–32 victory over the Chicago Bears.[12] On December 7, 2013, it was confirmed that Slay had suffered a torn meniscus during practice. The injury happened during a non-contact drill and was described as a "freak" accident by head coach Jim Schwartz. It caused him to miss the following three games (Weeks 14–16).[13] On December 31, 2013, the Detroit Lions fired head coach Jim Schwartz after they failed to qualify for the playoffs and finished with a 7–9 record in 2013.[14] Slay finished with 34 combined tackles (27 solo) and six passes defended in four starts and 13 games.

Jim Schwartz and players getting injured worries me.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

Slay had a falling out with Coach Matt Patricia. The Lions called him a major cancer to the team.

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/da...cancer-in-2019