Page 2550 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 155020502450250025402548254925502551255225602600 ... LastLast
Results 25,491 to 25,500 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Mike Alstott.
    The 46 year old fullback?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Which NFL QB would you call a comp to him today, for talent level and play style?
    He was a poor man's Taysom Hill.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    He was a poor man's Taysom Hill.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    How many playoff games has Tayson Hill won as a starter?

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Tim Tebow was not an OK NFL QB. He was not blackballed, he was just not good enough.
    Have u watched nfl football? Once you get past about the top 20 there are a lot of qbs that are not very good and both Kaep and Tebow are as good as them. No GM really wants a qb that is as good as them with lots of media so yes they were both black balled. Both would be good backups.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    How many playoff games has Tayson Hill won as a starter?
    None, but my point stands. I think Taysom Hill is a crap NFL QB and so was Tebow.

OR maybe to phrase it a different way Tebow should have been used in the way Hill is being used, in very limited situations where you need an extra fullback on the field to get you 3 yards. BTW I cringe every time Hill sees the field because I believe it's gimmicky, crap football that doesn't actually work more often then lining up your HOF QB and playing to his strengths. But that's my opinion.

None, but my point stands. I think Taysom Hill is a crap NFL QB and so was Tebow.

OR maybe to phrase it a different way Tebow should have been used in the way Hill is being used, in very limited situations where you need an extra fullback on the field to get you 3 yards. BTW I cringe every time Hill sees the field because I believe it's gimmicky, crap football that doesn't actually work more often then lining up your HOF QB and playing to his strengths. But that's my opinion.
    We'll know a lot more after tomorrow about Hill's prospects as a future NFL starter at QB. I have no love lost for Sean Payton so I'll admit my bias but I think the whole Taysom Hill experiment this week is an exercise of Payton's ego as an offensive "guru".

Not meaning to be argumentative and this is a very serious question: said HOF QB is starting to get a little long in the tooth no? Is he slowing down or losing any inherent strengths yet? I am a bit older than him but I know I can’t hit my driver 400 any more. (Or ever really if I’m being totally honest. But I might have hit one that long once. Downhill. At 8,000 feet. On the cart path. Maybe.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I never saw Hill play in college but why does everyone compare Tebow to Hill? I'd say the better comp that I have seen play is comparing Tebow to Lamar Jackson while in college. If Tebow played today, he would have just as good of a chance to be a starting QB as Lamar Jackson does. Neither has an NFL arm, and both are/were a RB playing QB.

Isn't Brees hurt and tried to play hurt last week and got hurt worse? Does Payton really have a choice? Why wouldn't he talk up Hill?? Would you want your coach wishy washy about starting you and not showing confidence. I'm sure every coach in the league realistically look at their 2nd stringers and cringe most of the time about having to ever start them for significant number of games.

That said wasn't Bridgewater more the backup QB last year anyway? So I'm sure nobody is thinking Hill will light the world on fire though... But maybe do just enough??

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    That was the same with Kaep. The dude just wasn't that good, in spite of a couple of years that he played much above his own skill/talent level. It frustrates me that people only think that he wasn't picked up because of the controversy that followed him around. The guy was WAY past his 15 minutes.

Note: I don't knock him for his activism. Had he been a better player, he could have stuck in the league and perhaps could have affected some more substantial change.
    the guy is no worse than a high level backup in the NFL. Had all the tools
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.