Page 2543 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 154320432443249325332541254225432544254525532593 ... LastLast
Results 25,421 to 25,430 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    First off, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a “homer”, or have you not noticed this is Bisonville. Most of us love CW for a lot of reasons. Wentz’s abilities have not diminished since his near-MVP year but the team around him has largely fallen apart. I just worry that CW will become the next Archie Manning....a very good QB that is perpetually mired on shitty teams.
    The problem is when homerism leads to inaccurate conclusions. I think most would argue that CWs abilities HAVE diminished this year. Whether it’s between the ears or otherwise, there is quite a bit of evidence that his abilities this year are perhaps lower than any other year. Yes, he’s flashed brilliance at times, but there are so many more head-scratching times.

Some of it is closely tied to the team struggles and lack of supporting cast. But much of it is largely independent of that.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

First off, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a “homer”, or have you not noticed this is Bisonville. Most of us love CW for a lot of reasons. Wentz’s abilities have not diminished since his near-MVP year but the team around him has largely fallen apart. I just worry that CW will become the next Archie Manning....a very good QB that is perpetually mired on shitty teams.
    I'm sorry but backing up 15 yards after standing in the pocket for 5,6 seconds and then trying to make a throw as you're being tackled that has no chance of going anywhere and fumbling has nothing to do with having a bad o-line or bad receivers. That is just a bad decision by the QB plain and simple and Carson, for as much as I love the guy, has been making a lot of horrible decisions this year. You can be a "homer" but you don't have to be a "blind homer"

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I'm sorry but backing up 15 yards after standing in the pocket for 5,6 seconds and then trying to make a throw as you're being tackled that has no chance of going anywhere and fumbling has nothing to do with having a bad o-line or bad receivers. That is just a bad decision by the QB plain and simple and Carson, for as much as I love the guy, has been making a lot of horrible decisions this year. You can be a "homer" but you don't have to be a "blind homer"
    Very true. Problem is hes trying to do too much. Hes trying to put the team on his back but he doesnt have the personnel to make it happen.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I'm a long time Eagles fan and a Carson homer and I was yelling at the TV on that one. Made no sense and was just an absolutely horrible play. I'm still baffled by what he was thinking there.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

There is a lot of criticism going on but how about the perfect throws, great decisions and great plays....there are a lot of them, too, unless you have blinders on.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is a lot of criticism going on but how about the perfect throws, great decisions and great plays....there are a lot of them, too, unless you have blinders on.
    Dans don’t want to see guys making that kind of money only make good decisions/plays for half a game. I really could care less but he would face the same scrutiny in any team. I’m sure he is aware he needs to be better.

It seems like every NFL QB has some perfect throws and great decisions. The really good ones seem to make very few bad plays.
    It's OK to not be OK.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It seems like every NFL QB has some perfect throws and great decisions. The really good ones seem to make very few bad plays.
    First and foremost, protect the ball. Carson's not doing that right now and that team isn't good enough to win games where they lose the turnover battle (without great exception). Hell, they'll struggle to beat good teams even if they do win the turnover battle. Pederson could help a lot with play calling but Carson just needs to count to 3 and throw to someone open, either an Eagles receiver or fan in the stands. If I were Pederson, I'd have the offense practicing 11 on 15 to help make getting the ball out quick a reflex rather than a thought for Carson.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

The interesting thing is that I saw a stat that Carson is actually leading the league in throwaways with 14. I think it's amplified by the fact that he's not doing it on some of the more obvious plays that do turn into negative plays more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    The interesting thing is that I saw a stat that Carson is actually leading the league in throwaways with 14. I think it's amplified by the fact that he's not doing it on some of the more obvious plays that do turn into negative plays more often than not.
    I might have to watch their next game. Seems like his tackles get so far into the backfield that he can't escape out of the pocket. If he could get outside the pocket, he could make those DL run and then flip it out of bounds like Rogers does. That must be pretty demoralizing for a pass rusher.