Page 2184 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1184168420842134217421822183218421852186219422342284 ... LastLast
Results 21,831 to 21,840 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. If I can see how the Eagles now try to restrict Carson to the pocket then I am sure all NFL teams see it. It's bad enough how conservative the offensive game plan is then add to that how poor the Eagle defense is playing.
    Every once in a while they did roll him out. And there was one play in particular where they did try and roll him out and the Vikes sent a blitz or the end got a free release to the roll out and Carson went down before he even looked down field. May have happened more than that, I just don't remember.

On Wentz first game back the Eagles ran the hurry-up offense for an easy, efficient TD. have they run the Hurry-up since? Why I would ask. This Eagles team suffers from GIANT case of Super Bowl hangover. They are starting to bicker on the field as well. Ego's may well have put a giant 'Chink in the armor' of this team. Coach Pederson had the perfect demeanor to coach last years team but he may not have a big enough temper to coach this one. Brotha's turn on Brothers when times get tough! Anyone can be a Good Winner.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    On Wentz first game back the Eagles ran the hurry-up offense for an easy, efficient TD. have they run the Hurry-up since? Why I would ask. This Eagles team suffers from GIANT case of Super Bowl hangover. They are starting to bicker on the field as well. Ego's may well have put a giant 'Chink in the armor' of this team. Coach Pederson had the perfect demeanor to coach last years team but he may not have a big enough temper to coach this one. Brotha's turn on Brothers when times get tough! Anyone can be a Good Winner.
    Mills was begging for a flag after the ref let him off with some contact on that play. Fletcher Cox is the defensive leader and absolutely right to get after him. Mills should be put on time out for not simply accepting it.

Sideline crap looked like a cat wanting to start something with a bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A professional football team had at least SIX pre-snap penalties.

The Eagles were like this the last two years too. If they can't consistently line up and remember the snap count, how do they expect to win games?

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Mills was begging for a flag after the ref let him off with some contact on that play. Fletcher Cox is the defensive leader and absolutely right to get after him. Mills should be put on time out for not simply accepting it.

You can bet Fletcher Cox had something to say in the locker room afterward. As for Wentz, his games this year are numbered if that line doesnt figure it out soon. He was a sitting duck yesterday and its only a matter of time before he gets pummeled across the legs the way he is getting hit in the pocket. I'll say it again, Hurry Up Offense is the way to go, allows Wentz to exploit defensive miss matches and avoid a lot of hits with quick release plays

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    A professional football team had at least SIX pre-snap penalties.

The Eagles were like this the last two years too. If they can't consistently line up and remember the snap count, how do they expect to win games?
    They need to stop beating themselves so they fully focus on the opponent

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post

Saw that. Mills was put in his spot by one of the best in the game. You know damn well he had no pot to piss in once fletcher was involved telling him to basically STFU and stop him

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well since there is so much Viking talk in here, here goes. I would love Carson to get the same respect as some of these other QB's, including apparently Cousins. That illegal hit right before the TD before halftime was garbage. Cousins got hit right in the butt, and the defender slide down and tackled his ankles. Later in the game Carson got hit almost exactly the same and nothing was called. This crap with the QB's has got to stop, but what's even worse is when you see 2 very similar plays and one is flagged and the other is not is the problem that defenders are dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Saw that. Mills was put in his spot by one of the best in the game. You know damn well he had no pot to piss in once fletcher was involved telling him to basically STFU and stop him
    That exchange they showed on the sideline too basically Cox giving him the cold shoulder. Looked like Mills was trying to plead his case a bit and then went all well I'm cool dog if you are on it, and Cox just basically ignored him it looked like. Not sure what Mills thought he was doing jawing off to Theilen after he basically got burnt they both were doing the hand fighting bit that the refs always let go if they both are in on it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Well since there is so much Viking talk in here, here goes. I would love Carson to get the same respect as some of these other QB's, including apparently Cousins. That illegal hit right before the TD before halftime was garbage. Cousins got hit right in the butt, and the defender slide down and tackled his ankles. Later in the game Carson got hit almost exactly the same and nothing was called. This crap with the QB's has got to stop, but what's even worse is when you see 2 very similar plays and one is flagged and the other is not is the problem that defenders are dealing with.
    On the TD pass immediately following the flag, Cousins got the full weight of the defender on top of him and no flag.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯