Page 2210 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1210171021102160220022082209221022112212222022602310 ... LastLast
Results 22,091 to 22,100 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

I tried to watch the Eagles game but when the Saints motioned a WR, it looked like two Eagle's DBs fainted and their LBs ran into each other. Horrendous defense.

On offense, I actually don't mind Adams as a RB, but in Doug's playbook under "short yardage", there are normal running plays that lose two yards and a triple-reverse halfback pass to an eligible linemen in which 2-5 OL suffer game-ending injuries. Basically, they can't sustain drives because 2nd and 1 is an impossible down for them.

“I’ve played a lot of football games in my career and this is one of the worst losses I’ve ever been a part of, and yes, it’s frustrating,” Wentz said. “It’s frustrating all the way around. Offensively, defensively, special teams. We just got beat. We have to be better, and it starts with me.”

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    “I’ve played a lot of football games in my career and this is one of the worst losses I’ve ever been a part of, and yes, it’s frustrating,” Wentz said. “It’s frustrating all the way around. Offensively, defensively, special teams. We just got beat. We have to be better, and it starts with me.”
    I would expect nothing else from Carson.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

The Eagles play Washington 2 more times yet and Dallas once. If Dallas beat Washington on Thanksgiving and the Eagles right the ship (which I dont think they will do) they have a decent chance of winning their conference. Washington is out a QB and isnt gonna win many more games, Dallas is Dallas, meaning who knows. The Eagles are gonna respond this week in a way that will give a lot of answers. If they can get healthy they do have a chance to win their division.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    The Eagles play Washington 2 more times yet and Dallas once. If Dallas beat Washington on Thanksgiving and the Eagles right the ship (which I dont think they will do) they have a decent chance of winning their conference. Washington is out a QB and isnt gonna win many more games, Dallas is Dallas, meaning who knows. The Eagles are gonna respond this week in a way that will give a lot of answers. If they can get healthy they do have a chance to win their division.
    Not directly on point here as far as your post goes, but I did watch closely and compare the drop-backs of Wentz and Brees. There was no question Brees drops much farther back then Wentz, 2-3 yards at least I'd say. Some of that may be due to Brees' height (needs more room to see field and through over line), but dropping Wentz back that far may very well give him some more time. That said, where they have Wentz dropping to now if likely part of the timing routes and running game out of the gun/pistal, so may be difficult to change mid-season. Whether or not the Eagles improve at Oline next year, Pederson should consider getting Wentz back farther, especially when passing out of the gun.

On a completely unrelated note, I watched UCF last Saturday. I noticed their receivers get as much possible space between them when lining up as possible, regardless of what side of the field they are on. Even on the wide side the WR lines up outside the hash/about 4-5 yards from the sideline. It struck me that they are really spreading the secondary out pre-snap, and giving major headaches for the deep safety(ies). I like the idea/design, and may be something NDSU can look at to get some "seperation" pre-snap if need be.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not directly on point here as far as your post goes, but I did watch closely and compare the drop-backs of Wentz and Brees. There was no question Brees drops much farther back then Wentz, 2-3 yards at least I'd say. Some of that may be due to Brees' height (needs more room to see field and through over line), but dropping Wentz back that far may very well give him some more time. That said, where they have Wentz dropping to now if likely part of the timing routes and running game out of the gun/pistal, so may be difficult to change mid-season. Whether or not the Eagles improve at Oline next year, Pederson should consider getting Wentz back farther, especially when passing out of the gun.

On a completely unrelated note, I watched UCF last Saturday. I noticed their receivers get as much possible space between them when lining up as possible, regardless of what side of the field they are on. Even on the wide side the WR lines up outside the hash/about 4-5 yards from the sideline. It struck me that they are really spreading the secondary out pre-snap, and giving major headaches for the deep safety(ies). I like the idea/design, and may be something NDSU can look at to get some "seperation" pre-snap if need be.
    Why I Bisonville.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

‏A few QBs getting hit more than Wentz lately.

@Brickwallblitz
    QUARTERBACK HITS ALLOWED IN THE LAST 5 WEEKS (Weeks 7-11):

IND: 3
    CLE: 8
    NO: 9
    HOU: 10
    CHI, NE, SF: 13
    CIN, MIN: 14
    PIT: 15
    TEN: 16
    ATL, BAL, JAX, LAC, NYJ: 17
    DEN: 18
    BUF, DAL, NYG: 19
    CAR, PHI: 20
    ARI, MIA: 22
    LAR, WAS: 24
    GB, KC, SEA: 25
    OAK: 27
    DET, TB: 31

Wow, interesting stats. Andrew Luck is destroying defenses last few games.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Wow, interesting stats. Andrew Luck is destroying defenses last few games.
    They've also had a run of bad teams but they are playing well. Their schedule doesn't get much harder the rest of the way so could be a playoff team after starting 1-5.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Good observation. I am of the belief that they just need to run the damn football and get back to playaction Doug Peterson should come out and run every single play for a quarter because defenses just ignore the running game

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com