Page 2454 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1454195423542404244424522453245424552456246425042554 ... LastLast
Results 24,531 to 24,540 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I think they were trying to let is slide based on the opinion of the game official. However, due to how many talking heads have been bringing it up over the past 24 hours, I feel they will need to address it seriously as this would give any defensive player the ability to apply the same move to any ball carrier in the future. No player that is pretty much in the prone position on the ground needs to be hit in the head - they're not going anywhere to being with. Imagine how dangerous this type of play can be if the defensive player misses the helmet and hits the defenseless player's neck?
    Yup, it seemed like they were trying to let it slide by protecting the officials. I swear the Eagles get screwed by refs on a regular basis, I watched most of their games this season there were a lot of head scratchers. Now that people won't stop talking about it, NFL office will have to do something. As a somewhat neutral fan this probably deserves a one game suspension, but what we will get is a fine. Carson is just not a protected asset like Russel Wilson, or Tom Brady, or Aaron Rodgers; I see him getting the Cam Newton treatment. The Broncos specifically targeted Newton that one game and I don't think he has been the same since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvEouj6QvuM

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Yup, it seemed like they were trying to let it slide by protecting the officials. I swear the Eagles get screwed by refs on a regular basis, I watched most of their games this season there were a lot of head scratchers. Now that people won't stop talking about it, NFL office will have to do something. As a somewhat neutral fan this probably deserves a one game suspension, but what we will get is a fine. Carson is just not a protected asset like Russel Wilson, or Tom Brady, or Aaron Rodgers; I see him getting the Cam Newton treatment. The Broncos specifically targeted Newton that one game and I don't think he has been the same since.

I was at that game. That defense was full of arsewholes. Luckily for us Broncos fans, we got a Super Bowl trophy out of them before Elway unceremoniously let each go over the past four seasons.

The only hit I would argue as unintentional was Miller’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post

That happens to brady or rodgers you would damn near get a jail sentence.

I have a hard time watching either of them play, I couldn’t believe the titans actually knocked him down a couple times without the flag!! That is rare

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    That happens to brady or rodgers you would damn near get a jail sentence.

I have a hard time watching either of them play, I couldn’t believe the titans actually knocked him down a couple times without the flag!! That is rare
    Exactly. Well said!

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well done, Chris Long. I hope NFL players heed his advice on Josina Anderson.

https://www.eaglesfrenzy.com/post/ch...z-s-concussion
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

While I stand by my opinion that Clowney, Carroll, et al intentionally targeted Carson Wentz to take him out, I had no intent to disparage Josh McCown and apologize if it sounded like that. Just a few games back, he was about to be suited up as a wide receiver with all of the injuries they had this year. And to his credit at age 40, he was more than willing to do that or whatever else his coach and team needed. He left it all on the field and deserves a lot of praise and respect for that and for doing all that he could in a very tough spot. All the best to him going forward.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsCen...0%2Fframe.html
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 01-08-2020 at 01:08 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Let me explain it to you in terms that even an asshole can understand if they so choose: When your QB gets knocked out by a dirty cheap shot to the head that could easily have been a career-ender for any player, only an asshole blames the QB rather than the player who made the hit. Asshole.
    Perfectly said Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rockthief View Post
    I hope Wentz retires if that suits his life and his goals, or at least evaluates things now. He has no need to prove anything to his fans. He is young and I want him to have a good life after football.
    He’s not retiring anytime soon. Football is his love along with family

No one should want to face the Eagles next year.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    He’s not retiring anytime soon. Football is his love along with family
    I would be extremely bummed if he did. I am a Vikings fan (Sad to say) but when the eagles and vikings play I cheer for the Eagles. My 7 year old who is a die hard Wentz fan, Bison fan, and Vikings fan cheers for the Vikings and asked me why. I said Carson is only going to play so many years and this is just a special thing that won't last long. Carson has been to our church a few times and that just aint going to happen very often in my life time.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.