Page 2449 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1449194923492399243924472448244924502451245924992549 ... LastLast
Results 24,481 to 24,490 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    This all comes down to two things:
    1. If Wentz slides feet first and clearly gives himself up, this doesnt happen.
    2. Wentz is injury prone, has been his entire college and pro career, why? doesnt matter why he just IS!

Should it have been a personal foul on Clowney, yep, should have been but it was bang, bang as they say. We see hits like that in most every NFL game. Most of the time in doesnt result in a concussion or injury, just a fight. If it was as bad as people on this site are saying there would have been a fight on the field of some kind. In real speed it wasnt as dirty looking as in slow motion. Wentz had better not get hurt next season or his national followers are GONE! It's the nature of the beast.
    There is a bridge somewhere that is missing you. This was not a hero ball play at all or an instance of Wentz doing too much. The pocket broke down and Wentz scrambled back to the line. Most all QB’s would have done that even Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. There was nothing overly reckless in Wentz’s playstyle this year. By the way diving head first is the same is sliding this year according to the rules. This is such a terrible narrative. If you want to see what a reckless QB looks like, then watch Josh Allen.

Than BAN the sport of football if it's spinal and head injuries you are worried about. There are "dirty" helmet to helmet hits on defenseless players every week in the NFL, most every game. The sport is barbaric to its core, even when played within the rules it is very violent by its own rules. It should not be played in public high schools and yes, it's days are numbered. Public schools cannot assume the liability that comes with sponsoring a sport that SCIENCE now knows affects many if not most athletes that play the game their entire life, to include but not limited to: Lifetime issues with the back/spine/neck area's. Leg's, feet and knee's, And most certainly the brain. WHAT a FN joke to think this game can be played safely. This only becomes a topic of pointing fingers when somebody's favorite player is at the brunt of shit that happens most every single game in the NFL. You don't hear the Eagles players venting, why?, they are weekly some of the most violent offenders!!!
    Huge difference between the regular play of the game and a dangerous, intentional, targeting hit like this. To try to say that the violent nature of the sport precludes common sense rules to at least attempt to limit the worst injuries from happening is pretty foolish. And assault and criminal behavior have no place on the field period.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 01-07-2020 at 03:08 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    There is a bridge somewhere that is missing you. This was not a hero ball play at all or an instance of Wentz doing too much. The pocket broke down and Wentz scrambled back to the line. Most all QB’s would have done that even Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. There was nothing overly reckless in Wentz’s playstyle this year. By the way diving head first is the same is sliding this year according to the rules. This is such a terrible narrative. If you want to see what a reckless QB looks like, then watch Josh Allen.
    The pocket broke down by design. They were sliding out lineman to the left because they were trying to set up a screen pass to Sanders. Sanders got covered up by a Seattle DT so Wentz had nowhere to go with the ball since there was no receiver on the right side of the field. He looked like he was outside the tackle box and could've just sailed it out of bounds to his right but he made the decision to try to buy some time and potentially scramble so I think it is fair to say that he was trying to make a play off script which has gotten him in trouble in the past. QBs have to know that if a screen pass gets covered up you need to make a quick decision because the lineman are intentionally losing their blocks so your protection goes to zero in a hurry.

Here's a shot of the play from behind that does a good job of showing what Wentz was looking at: https://youtu.be/deqiI1dWqE0?t=1m10s

The thing is what makes him special is his ability to make plays in those scenarios so it's a really tough balance. Hard to say he did anything that wrong here since it was an unnecessary hit that injured him but it's a delicate line he has to tread on when to keep trying to make a play and when to just give up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    NO, my narrative is pretty clear and spot-on. What is a SILLY narrative is those saying that the Clowney hit was an Assault and charges should be filed as such. If that were the case then lets bring law enforcement and attorney's on the field at EVERY SINGLE NFL GAME. I dont think i watched a game this year where at least one late-dirty hit took place of equal or greater BS than the hit on Wentz. That's why even the announcers were shocked when he was spotted walking to the locker room. He's played nine minutes of playoff football in the past three years, that fits MY NARRATIVE and not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The pocket broke down by design. They were sliding out lineman to the left because they were trying to set up a screen pass to Sanders. Sanders got covered up by a Seattle DT so Wentz had nowhere to go with the ball since there was no receiver on the right side of the field. He looked like he was outside the tackle box and could've just sailed it out of bounds to his right but he made the decision to try to buy some time and potentially scramble so I think it is fair to say that he was trying to make a play off script which has gotten him in trouble in the past. QBs have to know that if a screen pass gets covered up you need to make a quick decision because the lineman are intentionally losing their blocks so your protection goes to zero in a hurry.

Here's a shot of the play from behind that does a good job of showing what Wentz was looking at: https://youtu.be/deqiI1dWqE0?t=1m10s

The thing is what makes him special is his ability to make plays in those scenarios so it's a really tough balance. Hard to say he did anything that wrong here since it was an unnecessary hit that injured him but it's a delicate line he has to tread on when to keep trying to make a play and when to just give up on it.
    YEP, and what does most every QB in the NFL do when a defense snuffs out a screen pass and the QB is on an island in the middle of the field or far side by themselves??? kill the play and move on (with 51 minutes of game time left). You cant see clearly when it's your 'token boy' playing on the field. Yep, he is sooo competitive and soooooo very done with this season as well. What's new???

Know it all has chimed in, it's official, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    I have the name of a Fargo person (jerk) who posted that awful meme on fb this am. Posted it on the #1 NDSU fans page. Took me one nanosecond to hit the report button! It received one Angry face and it was deleted instantly.
    good job, i've been banning and deleting people too on ndsu pages i run, its ridiculous how theres so many grand forks and even bismarck people hating on Carson Wentz. gttta be pure jealousy.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Thats the best you got? Your a Carson Wentz apologist regardless of what happens to him. Funny though, all the NEUTRAL experts on all the national tv sports programs are pretty much saying what I am. Everybody outside of ND is a bit tired of excuses for him never being on the field when his team needs him most. They are asking for him to do what they have all along, "SHOW ME"! and you cant do that from the bench!! I'm a Wentz fan and not a Wentz apologist... so, "show me".

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I also forgot to ask? Wentz is hurt and done for the season, What's new?????? Oh Yeah "Next Year".... Get ready to hit the repeat button!

I also forgot to ask? Wentz is hurt and done for the season, What's new?????? Oh Yeah "Next Year".... Get ready to hit the repeat button!
    Yep he's done for this year, just like Brady, Brees, and 21 other starting QB's and soon to be 8 more. Didn't you know that already Mr KNOW IT ALL?