Page 2009 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 10091509190919591999200720082009201020112019205921092509 ... LastLast
Results 20,081 to 20,090 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanAnn View Post
    That made me tear up. I've been pretty stoic about his season-ending injury, consoling myself that it was not a career-ending injury, and we'll have many more years of watching Carson play. But seeing those highlights made me so sad, thinking about how many more of those amazing plays we could have seen this year.

Get well, Carson.
    The way his game has evolved since his days at NDSU and FCS football is unfreakinbelievable. He's making it look easier at the NFL level, which is just mind-boggling.
    Hail the BISON!!!

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Carson's growth spurts during high school mark him as a late bloomer. The benefit of that is it forced him to become a true student of the game. I'd bet most pro athletes cruised through high school using physical talent to easily set themselves apart...if you're 5'9" 120 pounds, you can't power through on strength. For Carson, this seems to be the source of his continuing approach to preparation, which is what now allows him to get so very much from his size and strength. I don't think we've seen his ceiling yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Carson's growth spurts during high school mark him as a late bloomer. The benefit of that is it forced him to become a true student of the game. I'd bet most pro athletes cruised through high school using physical talent to easily set themselves apart...if you're 5'9" 120 pounds, you can't power through on strength. For Carson, this seems to be the source of his continuing approach to preparation, which is what now allows him to get so very much from his size and strength. I don't think we've seen his ceiling yet.
    I really hope we have not seen is ceiling but the last 3 seasons, broken wrist, broken ribs, ACL. He needs to stay healthy that is starting to be a trend.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I really hope we have not seen is ceiling but the last 3 seasons, broken wrist, broken ribs, ACL. He needs to stay healthy that is starting to be a trend.
    Agreed. I wonder how much this injury will change his approach to protecting himself. This is the injury where he can see the overall impact of sitting out (and the stakes are so much higher than they were for the Bison in 2014-15). That's got to be eating at him. (And yes, I know this was a somewhat freak injury in that it wasn't clearly caused by contact, if I remember the debate from earlier in this thread.)
    Last edited by SoCalBison; 01-12-2018 at 01:13 PM.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Honestly, injuries to different parts of the body don't really scare me. The broken wrist and broken ribs don't really scare me at all. I get more nervous about joint issues, recurring hammy/muscle issues, and concussions. Those are what really seem to derail careers. Hopefully the ACL is not a recurring problem. Broken bones don't really scream injury-prone to me Unless they recur in the same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Honestly, injuries to different parts of the body don't really scare me. The broken wrist and broken ribs don't really scare me at all. I get more nervous about joint issues, recurring hammy/muscle issues, and concussions. Those are what really seem to derail careers. Hopefully the ACL is not a recurring problem. Broken bones don't really scream injury-prone to me Unless they recur in the same spot.
    Don’t forget Ankle in 2015 Griz game.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Don’t forget Ankle in 2015 Griz game.
    Or the ankle injury he got against the Jackrabbits in 2014 at the end of the game. This affected him a bit when they played UNI a week later.

With that said, Carson needs to be Carson. Injuries will happen regardless of how one plays. If he decides to be like Peyton Manning after the neck injury (Redskins game) and hit the deck every time a defender is within two feet, his game is going to have to change quite a bit where he must predetermine where the play is going before the snap and not ad libbing so much afterwards. However, with his athleticism, Carson probably doesn't need to do this like Peyton did.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Injuries are going to happen it's simply a part of the game. He needs to learn when to throw the ball away or slide and live for another play. BTW Easton needs to do the same, that unnecessary sack in the championship for example. I hope Randy is pounding this into our QB's.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Prop bets:

According to Bovada, 77 percent of the betting public is going with the Falcons -3. Some other interesting Eagles-Falcons prop bets:

Wentz mentions

How many times will Carson Wentz be mentioned during the game? The over-under is 2.5.

Air it out

Nick Foles is 6/1 to record the most passing yards in the divisional round. That places him fourth among the eight quarterbacks, behind Tom Brady, Drews Brees and Matt Ryan.
    Zach Ertz and Alshon Jeffery are tied at 12/1 to record the most receiving yards in the divisional round. Those are the seventh-shortest odds among skill players.
    Nelson Agholor is far behind at 22/1.

On the ground

Jay Ajayi is 12/1 to have the most rushing yards of the weekend. Five running backs — Le'Veon Bell, Leonard Fournette, Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray and Dion Lewis — are ahead of Ajayi.
    LeGarrette Blount is 20/1, tied with Jerick McKinnon for the longest odds.
    The line for how many times Carson is mentioned during the game is only 2.5? Wow, seems like easy money , unless I’m not understanding it correctly? I would guess 10+ times

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Bison View Post
    The line for how many times Carson is mentioned during the game is only 2.5? Wow, seems like easy money , unless I’m not understanding it correctly? I would guess 10+ times
    The line is -400 now, so if mentioned more than 2.5 times a $100 bet only gets you $25.