Page 1900 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 9001400180018501890189818991900190119021910195020002400 ... LastLast
Results 18,991 to 19,000 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Completely wrong. I’ve never seen a player at NDSU even close to his skill set. Lamar Gordon...maybe.
    That is nothing more than your biased opinion. Youre completely wrong. See I can play that game also. You arent the definitive word.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That is nothing more than your biased opinion. Youre completely wrong. See I can play that game also. You arent the definitive word.
    Wanna know how I know I’m right? Because the guy who I say is the most talented player to put on an NDSU uniform currently is leading the NFL in passing TD’s and is the front runner for MVP.

Wanna know how I know I’m right? Because the guy who I say is the most talented player to put on an NDSU uniform currently is leading the NFL in passing TD’s and is the front runner for MVP.
    You are confusing college results with NFL results. Look at Brock Jensen.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have to agree with 2011 on this one. We don’t win the 2014 title with any other QB but Wentz. He took us down the field in one minute and did that in numerous other games in his career when we were almost done.

All I know is I remember saying in the Iowa state game that he looked like an NFL QB and if he could continue to improve lookout. I have never said thought that about any NDSu qb before. If wentz has developed at ndsu he wouldn’t have gone number 2.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You are confusing college results with NFL results. Look at Brock Jensen.
    No I’m not. He had an excellent Junior year and prior to going down, he was on pace to crush every single season passing record at NDSU.

Besides, it wasn’t stats it was talent. You could see it from even his freshmen/sophomore years in garbage time and green gold game. He simply had a skill set that no other player had ever had at NDSU....and likely never will again.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No I’m not. He had an excellent Junior year and prior to going down, he was on pace to crush every single season passing record at NDSU.

Besides, it wasn’t stats it was talent. You could see it from even his freshmen/sophomore years in garbage time and green gold game. He simply had a skill set that no other player had ever had at NDSU....and likely never will again.

And this makes Stick a poor QB, how?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I have to agree with 2011 on this one. We don’t win the 2014 title with any other QB but Wentz. He took us down the field in one minute and did that in numerous other games in his career when we were almost done.

All I know is I remember saying in the Iowa state game that he looked like an NFL QB and if he could continue to improve lookout. I have never said thought that about any NDSu qb before. If wentz has developed at ndsu he wouldn’t have gone number 2.
    If not for RJ making an unbelievable catch on a ball that was under thrown we dont know how that would have turned out.

Hey Im not saying Carson didnt have huge talent. But there were times he didnt impress me. Other times he did. Just like all of our QBs of late.
    And I am extremely proud of the way he plays and handles himself in the NFL. He obviously elevated his play.

But I guess I dont have the manual jizz fest 11 has going on.

They said that about Bentrim, Walker, Etc etc etc.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe the Stick vs Wentz bickering would fit better in the stick thread not the Wentz thread.

Back to C.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    And this makes Stick a poor QB, how?
    He isn’t poor. He’s average.

In the D1 era, we have had the following staring QB’s.

Tony Stauss
    Steve Walker
    Nick Mertens
    Jose Mohler
    Brock Jensen
    Carson Wentz
    Easton Stick

That is 7 QB’s. Out of 7 starting QB’s in the D1 era, it would be safe to say 4th best, correct?

Middle of the pack. Okay, not great. Average.

How hard is it to see that?