Page 2541 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 154120412441249125312539254025412542254325512591 ... LastLast
Results 25,401 to 25,410 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Okay, folks, take a breath. Yes, the turnovers are inexcusable, but lets look at Carson's reality:

1. His line is a MASH unit.
    2. His best active receiver is named Dallas Goedert who just came off IR. (Yes, I know he is a TE.)
    3. He is the anointed one with a giant contract with winning expectations.

The result? He is pressing. He just needs to play within himself, and he has always struggled with that. Remember the stupid play at Montana that cost them the game? I don't know how you coach that crap out of someone, but that is the problem.

Best case scenario is he is traded, cut, or contract is allowed to expire so he can go somewhere like Minnesota that has receivers that can play.
    Think someone needs to put together a video if Rodgers and Brady just throwing the ball away when a play isn't there and just make Carson watch it over and over and over. Those two are considered probably the two greatest QBs ever and they almost always lead the league in throw-aways.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Think someone needs to put together a video if Rodgers and Brady just throwing the ball away when a play isn't there and just make Carson watch it over and over and over. Those two are considered probably the two greatest QBs ever and they almost always lead the league in throw-aways.
    Yeah but isn't Carson channeling Favre? Maybe better if the video was one of Brett throwing the ball away.

Agreed that developing that ability would probably be ideal for his long term health and career.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yeah but isn't Carson channeling Favre? Maybe better if the video was one of Brett throwing the ball away.

Agreed that developing that ability would probably be ideal for his long term health and career.
    No one has ever seen it. Some say it's on the dark web but most argue it's locked away somewhere in Area 51.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Okay, folks, take a breath. Yes, the turnovers are inexcusable, but lets look at Carson's reality:

1. His line is a MASH unit.
    2. His best active receiver is named Dallas Goedert who just came off IR. (Yes, I know he is a TE.)
    3. He is the anointed one with a giant contract with winning expectations.

The result? He is pressing. He just needs to play within himself, and he has always struggled with that. Remember the stupid play at Montana that cost them the game? I don't know how you coach that crap out of someone, but that is the problem.

Best case scenario is he is traded, cut, or contract is allowed to expire so he can go somewhere like Minnesota that has receivers that can play.
    Carson is dealing with the same issues as 20 other QBs in the NFL. He gets such a pass from everyone around here, it's unbelievable. Reality is, right now, he is a turnover machine. The way he is playing, there should be some questions being asked. He also has a couple things going for him, the Eagles are in first place and Jalen Hurts doesn't look like a pro QB. You are right, he is trying to play hero ball and it's not working. He needs to knock that off, unfortunately I think he has a head coach that is going to praise him for doing that when it works out and knock him when it doesn't but who also won't make any changes himself to help CW out. Pederson sucks and the last couple years have shown how much of that superbowl was on Frank Reich.

His propensity to try to salvage plays is also what led to him getting hurt in the playoffs last year when Clowney cheapshotted him. That play was intended to be a screen pass but it was sniffed out by Seattle so rather than just throwing it away or at the feet of the RB it was designed for Wentz tried to tuck it and run and traded 4 yards on a busted play for the rest of his only career playoff game (so far).

Something ain't right. Combo of things at play is my guess. Big contract equals big expectations. We all know he wants to earn every nickle.
    Married with a newborn brings added responsibility and distractions. There are only 24 hours per day. It all adds up, I dont care who you are it will take its toll. Add a psycho fan base and local media and it becomes a pressure cooker.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

He's playing like crap. Bad decisions and poor accuracy. I believe he can play better but I also think it won't be like flipping a light switch. It's going to take time.

I actually think he would be getting WAY less heat and could put the spotlight on the lack of talent around him if he simply threw the damn thing away when his line breaks down or as mentioned above when the screen is sniffed out. Trying to super man every play has an even more negative impact when even your teams best plays are crap due to a crappy line and lack of talented WR.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    No one has ever seen it. Some say it's on the dark web but most argue it's locked away somewhere in Area 51.
    Couldn't they just put a 4 on a Rodgers film jersey? Hello!? Anybody with video editing skills out there? Anyone? Bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    He's playing like crap. Bad decisions and poor accuracy. I believe he can play better but I also think it won't be like flipping a light switch. It's going to take time.

I actually think he would be getting WAY less heat and could put the spotlight on the lack of talent around him if he simply threw the damn thing away when his line breaks down or as mentioned above when the screen is sniffed out. Trying to super man every play has an even more negative impact when even your teams best plays are crap due to a crappy line and lack of talented WR.
    This times 10. I was screaming at my tv last night. He needs to quit trying to be a hero on plays that nobody is open. Throw the damn ball away. Deservedly so he’s getting killed by the Philly media today. With that said I’ll obviously stick by him until he hangs up his cleats

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Eagles won.
    Insert something clever here...