Page 2453 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1453195323532403244324512452245324542455246325032553 ... LastLast
Results 24,521 to 24,530 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Found this on reddit

Now imagine the guy who took your QB out dancing down the sideline making "crying" hand motions at the crowd (strangely enough while "Wentz out with a head injury" was on the bigscreen) and then calling your fans the worst in the world after being lauded with praise by the media
    And was doing it all through the game and after.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Just curious, but how different is this hit from the Aaron Rodgers rule? Rodgers was out of the pocket and not past the line of scrimmage and was landed on with all the weight of the defender. Same thing happened with Carson, out of the pocket and I believe not past the line of scrimmage. All of Clowney's weight landed on him. No matter how you feel about that rule, wouldn't this be a penalty without the helmet part of it that should have been called?
    This is different in that the defender isn't making the tackle and in the process of bringing him down puts all his weight on the body of the opponent. This is hitting sometime who is down or nearly down. Relative to that this is more of a glancing hit (I hesitate to use that word because this was more violent than glancing) as his body didn't cover Wentz's body. I don't believe I explained it week but that rule definitely doesn't apply here. This is more about hitting a defenseless player or hitting a player late or initiating contact to the head of an opponent.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Found this on reddit

Great points. It took a lot of coaching up for Clowney to finally understand how obvious his words and actions were towards indicating his true intent on that cheap shot. Carroll and whoever else had encouraged Clowney’s dirty play must have been almost beside themselves with his stupidity after the target. Clowney finally “wised up” after the game and once they finally got a chance to shut him up.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 01-07-2020 at 11:25 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Found this on reddit

Honestly, eagle fans 100% deserve it and I love seeing them trolled, but Carson didn’t deserve that. I hope he gets to play for a different team at some point.

I think Carson was out cold for an instant and only woke after getting a sniff of clownpee’s breath, which was probably bad due to clownass licking his own labia. Ie he’s a pu$$. I don’t care how big and fast he is or how tough he thinks he is, he’s a cheap shotting pu$$. Typical sucker punching pu$$ with a bunch a boys to back him up. You suck clownfuc#!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Honestly, eagle fans 100% deserve it and I love seeing them trolled, but Carson didn’t deserve that. I hope he gets to play for a different team at some point.
    I co-sign this.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    I suppose it is true that playing quarterback in the NFL is now primarily about self-preservation. Throw the ball away after 2.5 seconds, never take on a tackler, slide 5 yards before contact and eat the ball every time a pass rusher is within sight. Ok, Carson, there is your blueprint for a long career.
    Sounds like Tom Brady's career. He'll be playing into his 40's following this. I think just about anyone in the NFL will tell you that Brady is probably the more competitive guy in the NFL. You can be a competitor and still realize when it is time to just live for another play. I admire the fact that is seems Carson doesn't want to ever give up on a play, but playing like that as a QB is going to give you some great highlights, but will also greatly shorten your career.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Great points. It took a lot of coaching up for Clowney to finally understand how obvious his words and actions were towards indicating his true intent on that cheap shot. Carroll and whoever else had encouraged Clowney’s dirty play must have been almost beside themselves with his stupidity after the target. Clowney finally “wised up” after the game and once they finally got a chance to shut him up.
    Street thugs have shit for brains. they're just thugs. If he wasn't in the NFL he'd be in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Street thugs have shit for brains. they're just thugs. If he wasn't in the NFL he'd be in prison.
    Wtf?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I hope Wentz retires if that suits his life and his goals, or at least evaluates things now. He has no need to prove anything to his fans. He is young and I want him to have a good life after football.