Page 2437 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1437193723372387242724352436243724382439244724872537 ... LastLast
Results 24,361 to 24,370 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    All stars get calls.
    Yep and that sucks about pro sports

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    look at this fucking response from the ref on the hit.. https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/stat...00922088673281
    He's explaining what it looked like in real time on the field from his angle. Doesn't mean he didn't miss it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    He's explaining what it looked like in real time on the field from his angle. Doesn't mean he didn't miss it.

Which is why most of the officials should be upstairs in the booth with the best view provided by multiple camera angles

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    I'm guessing you were absent the day God was handing out brains.
    I'm guessing your brain isn't figuring out that the Eagles have dealt with more team injuries in the last 3 years than any other organization. T3here's a statistical number to measure that. Considering how significant it has been, I'd say they are past the point of councidence.

He missed it for sure.

It’s playoff time. The NFL has no real interest in player safety. They prove that every year. Why not institute a targeting penalty like the college game? Disqualify thugs like Clowney.

A team that really wants to win should earhole the opposing QB as often as it takes to get them out of the game. 15 yard penalties are not a big deal. If a flag is even thrown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    He missed it for sure.

It’s playoff time. The NFL has no real interest in player safety. They prove that every year. Why not institute a targeting penalty like the college game? Disqualify thugs like Clowney.

A team that really wants to win should earhole the opposing QB as often as it takes to get them out of the game. 15 yard penalties are not a big deal. If a flag is even thrown.

NFL has 48 active players and NCAA has 85 players who can play. NFL is less inclined to eject. But they will eject for what they feel are flagrant hits and I believe that can be initiated by replay. Not sure if it requires a call to be made on the field first.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Which is why most of the officials should be upstairs in the booth with the best view provided by multiple camera angles

Careful what you ask for. There is so much game management and preventative officiating that happens on the field that you don't realize. Games would get very chippy. And very long waiting for the skybox officials to review each play and report anything.

Really sucked to see Carson have to leave the game. I hope he is OK.

Clowney needs to be fined and suspended for that hit or the NFL talk about protecting players and taking head injuries seriously is nothing but hollow BS!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Wilson classless. In the interview after the game he completely ignored the question about Wentz, didn't even acknowledge him.
    What the heck is he supposed to say? You guys are overreacting a bit now. Wilson is one of the classiest guys out there. Don’t throw him under the bus for something Clowney did. If the situation was reversed and one of the Eagles had a hit like that on an opposing QB, what would Carson be expected to say? That is something that the offending party should be addressing, not a guy who plays on the other side of the ball and had nothing to do with the defensive gameplan.

NFL has 48 active players and NCAA has 85 players who can play. NFL is less inclined to eject. But they will eject for what they feel are flagrant hits and I believe that can be initiated by replay. Not sure if it requires a call to be made on the field first.

I did not know that.