Page 2280 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1280178021802230227022782279228022812282229023302380 ... LastLast
Results 22,791 to 22,800 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Just totally can't understand why so many want them both on the same team. It makes zero sense if you truly want them BOTH to thrive.
    If they're on the same team, none of us will ever have to pick one over the other in a head-to-head match up.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Philly should have traded up for Stick.
    Thorson is looking better than Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I feel like there has to be a better option than McCown somewhere, not?
    I heard kaepernick may be available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Ignoring the other 21 players on the field and the play callers etc. Right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Kaep got paid without having to risk injury. I think he wants the money more than the job at this point. McCown is an underrated backup. He is a good mentor and can still play a bit if need be. This was actually a great depth signing for the Eagles. Hard to know if the Eagles actually wanted Stick, but from the sounds of it, Clayton Thorson may not be long for this league.
    Same issue as it was two years ago. Hes asking for way too much money than what hes worth due to diminishing skills.. Plus according to what Ive read hardly any teams play the style of football that would fit his style.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We’ll have to disagree on that. Recency bias might be in play here. Did you see Thorson’s first game or read any of the practice notes? Eagles beat writers do a fantastic job covering practices compared to the LA guys. The news on Thorson is that he has been bad, like really bad. There were a lot of QB’s still on the board that have seemed a lot better than Thorson, both in college and training camp. His college stats aren’t really good enough to justify more than a one year experiment IMO. At best, he will probably be a Trevor Siemien.

Faster, better, more secure. Those are the daily goals for quarterback Carson Wentz, who says he is "ready" for the regular season, that he doesn't know the plan for Thursday night's preseason game, and that, yeah, everything is a work in progress.

Wentz meets the media on a weekly basis and, honestly, the questions deal with what he can do better much of the time. Yes, he wants to get the football out of his hands more quickly - "operating fast is always a priority around here," he said - and he wants to reduce his chances for injury and he wants to win every football game ...

Geez, though, for a "work in a progress," Wentz is pretty darn good. He's fully healthy, he is in a great frame of mind, and Wentz is very aware of the skill players around him.

"Looking at what we have for me, distributing the ball quick. Get it in the playmakers' hands and let them make plays, trusting what I see," said Wentz, now snapping his fingers quickly, "making quick reaction, quick decisions. So far, so good with that.

"I feel good with where we're at. Not just myself but as an offense from OTAs to where we're at now ... everybody is just responding and reacting quicker, so I think we're just going to keep building that. Going against Baltimore (in two joint practices) and seeing different defenses, that's just helped with where we're at."

After three weeks of going against an Eagles defense that knew every route, that heard every audible and check, and understood the nuance of every play, this has been a refreshing two days. Wentz has tested a Baltimore secondary that is among the league's best and he's continued to develop chemistry with his receiving corps.

It's been a positive experience, good enough for Wentz to say he's ready to go for Washington in the September 8 opener at Lincoln Financial Field. Wentz has mastered the Eagles' offensive system and he knows where all of his options will be on each play.

And, yeah, he's going to try to extend plays with his legs if that situation arises. Wentz will play smart football, but he's also going to be aggressive. That's his nature.

Next question?

"I feel really good about where we are as an offense," he said. "I think we have a pretty good plan going into the season."
    https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...ady-for-week-1

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nothing to report, just didn't want this thread hiding on the 3rd page.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Redskins pick up Smallwood after he was released by the Eagles. Funny the Eagles play the Skins next Sunday

Kyle Lauletta is on the Eagles practice squad.