Page 2443 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1443194323432393243324412442244324442445245324932543 ... LastLast
Results 24,421 to 24,430 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    It's assault. Plain and simple. Outside the rules of the game. And in too many cases ignored.

I despise hockey because they allow fighting. And crap like this and the mauling of Cam Newton a few years ago cause the same feelings towards football.

The problem is that for many the sport is bigger than life. Wentz could be a paraplegic today because of that hit. The fact that it was intentional, and f#ck Clowney for saying otherwise, is criminal; that at least until now has been unpenalized is immoral. Again, I've got zero interest in watching this sh#t. NFL needs to take this safety sh#t seriously. Many folks are ignorant of how violent the game has become, but a permanently paralyzed player will change the sport immediately and forever. ---You think parents have concerns about their kids playing football now, wait until a star player can't feel anything from the neck down. What's crazy is that NFL doesn't want to address this, because it would have to address the ignorance. Their choice is to lose a few fans today (taking about how certain plays are dangerous) or millions when someone is permanently disabled something that will happen eventually.
    Absolutely agree. These hits are assault and should be treated like it. Dipping the crown of your helmet on a player who is on the ground is meant to injure.

One way to help get rid of these hits is throw out and suspend the head coaches along with the perpetrators. Coach’s are tolerating it and in many cases encouraging dangerous hits. We’d be amazed out how fast these hits would stop when egotistical asses like Carrol have to put themselves on the line.

The video is clear to me regarding Clowney's intent.

1) He CAN SEE Carson just before the hit, but CANNOT SEE him at impact. (sudden lowering of his helmet)
    2) Clowney's arms do not open up to attempt the tackle/hit. (especially his right). He extends his left arm, but only to brace himself as he approaches the ground.
    3) Neither of Clowney's feet are in contact with the ground at the time of impact.

These observations clearly indicate that the defender was using a "launched missile" technique.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Absolutely agree. These hits are assault and should be treated like it. Dipping the crown of your helmet on a player who is on the ground is meant to injure.

One way to help get rid of these hits is throw out and suspend the head coaches along with the perpetrators. Coach’s are tolerating it and in many cases encouraging dangerous hits. We’d be amazed out how fast these hits would stop when egotistical asses like Carrol have to put themselves on the line.
    Pete Carrol's pre game interview asked how they are going to stop wentz. He laughed and said how he stops every QB, by hitting/ sacking him (don't quote me I am going from memory/ paraphrasing).

When there is a penalty, call it, every time! How can they ignore crap like the Clowney assault and pass it off as "incidental contact" and then claim they are emphasizing player safety. Isn't it interesting that the NFL was also running commercials about helmet safety yesterday? I have not heard if Clowney has been fined. Don't care. If so, it will be done with a wink and a token slap on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    Officiating arrogance is on display every time you open your mouth to defend these kind of horse shit calls, and you always do defend them.

Can’t you just call it for what it is, a terrible non-call at its best or very questionable incompetence at its worst, and then move on?

Your credibility on such matters is diminishing with each unjustified defense of your “boys in the club”.
    I rarely neg-rep anyone on here. But this crusade you seem to be on here lacks any sense of perspective.

Indy offers some insight to what it's like to be on the field reffing a game in real time. Can you offer any such insight? Indy is not defending anyone. He's explaining how things may look to a ref on the field. Your perspective of a call in slow-mo instant replay is very different than that of a ref on the field.

Fortunately, a ref's job performance isn't judged on angry, biased fans. Yes, refs will miss some calls. And those calls may make fans and/or players angry. A ref is motivated to make the calls as objectively as possible, because that is how their performance will be judged. By other presumably unbiased and knowledgeable professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I rarely neg-rep anyone on here. But this crusade you seem to be on here lacks any sense of perspective.

Indy offers some insight to what it's like to be on the field reffing a game in real time. Can you offer any such insight? Indy is not defending anyone. He's explaining how things may look to a ref on the field. Your perspective of a call in slow-mo instant replay is very different than that of a ref on the field.

Fortunately, a ref's job performance isn't judged on angry, biased fans. Yes, refs will miss some calls. And those calls may make fans and/or players angry. A ref is motivated to make the calls as objectively as possible, because that is how their performance will be judged. By other presumably unbiased and knowledgeable professionals.
    And, also, we are free to disagree with Indy, which I have done. He certainly isn’t telling us we are fools or a POS if we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

The refs explanation after the game is even more bizarre. Doesn't matter if he is a runner or whether he's giving himself up or not. This hit is a clear penalty even if it had been to a RB, WR or TE. He speared him helmet to helmet! WTF is incidental about it???

The ironic thing in all of this is the Seahawks are usually used as the shining example of the new "heads-up", rugby style tackling in many of the youth football tackling videos I have viewed.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Pete Carrol's pre game interview asked how they are going to stop wentz. He laughed and said how he stops every QB, by hitting/ sacking him (don't quote me I am going from memory/ paraphrasing).
    That is what every coach says...
    College of Business Alumnus

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The refs explanation after the game is even more bizarre. Doesn't matter if he is a runner or whether he's giving himself up or not. This hit is a clear penalty even if it had been to a RB, WR or TE. He speared him helmet to helmet! WTF is incidental about it???
    Why the fact he's a runner and not a sliding player giving himself up is that changes what you can or can't do to him. If he was sliding and any kind of contact happens like this it's a foul. Because he's a runner there is more latitude for contact. If he keeps his head up and only contacts Wentz with his shoulder in the back this is probably not a foul. If the official determined the hit was primarily shoulder to the back and helmet contact was incidental he would be justified to pass on it. Most people don't feel that's what actually happened, but the official has to go by what his eyes tell him and not what he thinks may have happened.