Page 2123 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1123162320232073211321212122212321242125213321732223 ... LastLast
Results 21,221 to 21,230 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Recovery going well—> https://twitter.com/jclarknbcs/statu...59336834682881

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Yeah, driving out to get lunch and Philly sports radio was a wee bit excited. Said he's moving really well and that he's pinpoint accurate on passes.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Looks good. At least the bad knee is his left. I would imagine the back planting knee is more important for a QB but I could be wrong

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

“For me, personally, if the team decides as a whole, most guys want to go or be a part of it, I’ll be attending with them,” Wentz said. “I think it’s just a cool way to receive the honor nationally and be recognized. I don’t personally view it – I know some people do; everyone has their opinion on it – I don’t view it as a political thing whatsoever. I don’t mess with politics very often. But I will be involved in going. The rest of the details will be coming out soon."

I don't think many would pass up a change to go to the White House, regardless of who is in office. However, what I find interesting is why players would want to at this point. They made it very clear on their thoughts of the NFL (and its players) and actively tried to call upon a boycott of them. Seems very awkward that now they are invited to come visit and be 'honored'.

I trust what Carson says about it being solely a team building trip and not being political at all.

Saw this comment on the Eagles sub and thought it was spot on:

Under normal circumstances I would say that it would be fun to see the Eagles go no matter who is in the White House. However, that also makes the assumption that the politicians stick to politics and we can't ignore the events of the past year.

The White House tried to effectively lead a boycott against the NFL. It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with the reasoning behind it; At the end of the day the result is that the league was damaged due to the actions of the president ramping up the rhetoric and encouraging boycotts. That's why you saw such a big backlash from the players/teams....they recognized this as an attack on the league as a whole and responded by circling the wagons.

So given this situation I don't believe it is necessarily a political decision for a player to refuse a photo\-op with someone who lead a boycott against their job. I won't begrudge any player who decides to go anyways\(Capitol hill is a fun place to visit and tour\).

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    I don't think many would pass up a change to go to the White House, regardless of who is in office. However, what I find interesting is why players would want to at this point. They made it very clear on their thoughts of the NFL (and its players) and actively tried to call upon a boycott of them. Seems very awkward that now they are invited to come visit and be 'honored'.

I trust what Carson says about it being solely a team building trip and not being political at all.

Saw this comment on the Eagles sub and thought it was spot on:

Under normal circumstances I would say that it would be fun to see the Eagles go no matter who is in the White House. However, that also makes the assumption that the politicians stick to politics and we can't ignore the events of the past year.

The White House tried to effectively lead a boycott against the NFL. It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with the reasoning behind it; At the end of the day the result is that the league was damaged due to the actions of the president ramping up the rhetoric and encouraging boycotts. That's why you saw such a big backlash from the players/teams....they recognized this as an attack on the league as a whole and responded by circling the wagons.

So given this situation I don't believe it is necessarily a political decision for a player to refuse a photo\-op with someone who lead a boycott against their job. I won't begrudge any player who decides to go anyways\(Capitol hill is a fun place to visit and tour\).
    If you actually believe anything you typed above please seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    If you actually believe anything you typed above please seek help.
    Believe what? That they tried to boycott the NFL? k.

Quick, plug your ears and hum. Maybe it'll change.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Carson Wentz Participates in Eagles Practice During OTAs

FTA: Just 5½ months after he tore up his knee in Los Angeles, Carson Wentz participated in Eagles practice Tuesday morning, firing passes to ballboys and assistant coaches in the first set of drills at the start of spring OTAs.

It looked like he hadn't missed a day.

Wentz, wearing a brace on his injured left knee, participated only in individual drills and sat out the rest of practice.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...483357291.html
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Carson Wentz shows off improved mobility at start of OTAs

Quarterback Carson Wentz was on the field as the Philadelphia Eagles opened OTAs Tuesday and showed off the progress he has made in his recovery from a torn ACL and LCL in his left knee.

While not medically cleared to practice, Wentz got in some throwing and was involved in the warmup period, which lasted around 20 minutes. Working on pocket movement drills, he showed a level of mobility that hadn't been seen since he injured the knee in December against the Los Angeles Rams.

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphi...-start-of-otas
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Believe what? That they tried to boycott the NFL? k.
    Who's they? Who tried? Trump? He's thrown a lot of shit against the wall, so what? Every one in office has said and done stupid shit. He's one person for crying out loud just like it was a few players protesting. Why do people lump everyone into one side or the other? If you don't like something that's your right and someone else has the same right to like it or not. People need to get over themselves.

As far as inviting sports teams to the White House, I've never understood that but it's been going on forever and it has zero to do with who the President is or what he stands for or which political side he resides.

Eagles practice observations: Carson Wentz shines, Nick Foles struggles and more from OTAs

FTA: For the first time since they defeated the New England Patriots to win Super Bowl LII, the Eagles played actual football.

Or, at least as close as they can come in May.

No, there weren't pads or any hitting, but the Eagles held a close to two-hour practice on Tuesday at the NovaCare Complex, giving both the media and fans a glimpse at the 2018 team.

Here are some takeaways from the team's first OTA practice:

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...ervations.html