Page 2591 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 15912091249125412581258925902591259225932601 ... LastLast
Results 25,901 to 25,910 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Ok here we go.....
    It is not out of the realm of reality that the locker room in Philly prefers a black QB. I said it, like it or not. Its possible.
    I doubt they care that much about the skin color of the quarterback. I'd bet its more likely that they know they have a young QB who needs all the help he can get rather than a veteran dude who has produced in the past.
    College of Business Alumnus

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It's not out of the realm of possibility that this line of thought is the stupidest God damn thing I've seen on Bisonville (outside of the political board.)

If folks are going to make an argument like that, then they should have some proof other than some anonymous source (Alshon) trying to pass off his lack of production on Wentz. Of course, the anonymous source is going to bust his ass after a QB change because he just saw his last, best excuse go down.

The thing is the anonymous source said this when FOLES was the backup so this is indeed the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read on Bisonville (including the political board.) Maybe in dog whistle world guys are going to risk their 7-figure short-term incomes to go on a semi-strike in the hopes of getting the right shade of QB, but that's not happening in the real world. Anybody who thinks that Jason Peters, for example, wasn't busting his ass is a moron - he might not have the ability anymore but his effort was not the problem.

If practices are crap and the game effort is crap, you know who is to blame in the real world? The freaking head coach and the GM.
    So your position is that the above is completely outside of any possibility and you have a viable argument to back up your position?
    That's the dumbest God damn thing I've seen on Bisonville.

So your position is that the above is completely outside of any possibility and you have a viable argument to back up your position?
    So to clarify you are making baseless allegations and are upset for people pointing that out.

I think the point is that anything is possible, but to make a claim you need evidence. And any claim submitted without evidence should be dismissed without evidence.

Add to that, tony actually made a good point that the exact same thing happened with Foles and he’s white, so... it kinda shows that although it is possible, it’s highly unlikely.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I'm pretty sure that I gave reasons that players wouldn't ruin their careers to sabotage their QB...

But here are some questions for you so see if we share the same reality:

1. Is Nick Foles black?
    2. Were only black players tanking? If so, which ones can you point to whose initials aren't AJ?
    3. What high effort plays have you seen from the Eagles since Wentz was benched?

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I think the point is that anything is possible, but to make a claim you need evidence. And any claim submitted without evidence should be dismissed without evidence.

Add to that, tony actually made a good point that the exact same thing happened with Foles and he’s white, so... it kinda shows that although it is possible, it’s highly unlikely.
    So if what you are saying is correct regarding claims and evidence...we should throw out 99.9% of what Lakes says? That just doesn't seem right.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I gave reasons that players wouldn't ruin their careers to sabotage their QB...

But here are some questions for you so see if we share the same reality:

1. Is Nick Foles black?
    2. Were only black players tanking? If so, which ones can you point to whose initials aren't AJ?
    3. What high effort plays have you seen from the Eagles since Wentz was benched?
    I sprained my middle digit whilst aggressively giving Alshon the finger for making a play.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I doubt they care that much about the skin color of the quarterback. I'd bet its more likely that they know they have a young QB who needs all the help he can get rather than a veteran dude who has produced in the past.
    Or how about “If both QBs are failing, then I am part of the problem. That means I need to put forth more effort, more film study, rehab to get on the field, whatever it takes to help Hurts succeed. Otherwise my job may be in jeopardy.” That could lead to the perception of teammates seemingly trying harder.

None of us know because we obviously aren’t privy to any information. Likely, a little bit of everything we’ve discussed going on in that locker room.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

IF
    BY RUDYARD KIPLING

If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
    And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    So if what you are saying is correct regarding claims and evidence...we should throw out 99.9% of what Lakes says? That just doesn't seem right.
    I mean, if we govern a website under that strict guideline, we should just get rid of Bisonville* altogether, but what fun would that be?

*Not just Bisonville, basically the entire internet...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery