Page 798 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 29869874878879679779879980080884889812981798 ... LastLast
Results 7,971 to 7,980 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post

My frustration is also with people still saying I-AA. Seriously, I-A and I-AA changed to FBS and FCS in 2006. Time to learn it and use it.

Well, I usually go out of my way to call it "I-AA." I think FBS and FCS labels are lame and I like the sound of "One Double A" much better than "FCS." Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    When was the last time that an "analyst" was responsible for drafting a football player for an NFL team?

Their opinions count for what ...?

Most analyst don't do the research necessary to publish an informed article, must less provide accurate quotes from unnamed sources.

Now if the Exec was speaking, then there might be something to it.... but until then, 98% of the media analyst are only a cut above freshmen high school newspaper reporters in quality, objectivity, accuracy, and knowledge of a subject.

The only "analysts/experts" worth listening to are the ones who are paid pretty good money for their opinions and those guys (Kiper and McShay) are pretty high on Wentz being a good NFL QB. The rest are just bloggers looking for clicks, and unfortunately, are under-informed in regards to their opinions.
    Hail the BISON!!!

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anonymous sources FTL.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Well, I usually go out of my way to call it "I-AA." I think FBS and FCS labels are lame and I like the sound of "One Double A" much better than "FCS." Oh well...
    I'm in this camp too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    My frustration is also with people still saying I-AA. Seriously, I-A and I-AA changed to FBS and FCS in 2006. Time to learn it and use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    I'm in this camp too.
    I can see both sides of this. I generally use "FCS," but I prefer "I-AA." Supposedly "informed" media should probably be using the current terms, but as long as I understand what they mean, I don't get too worked up about it.

It's when people refer only to FBS or I-A football as "D-I" and think of FCS or I-AA football as "something other than D-I" that I get a little testy.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From the bleacher report article

Wentz played his college career in the blustery winds of North Dakota in high school.
    Bleacher report just sucks.

As coach Hedberg noted at the Bison Nation lunch today, plenty of NFL teams knew about Carson before the season started. He's only coming out of "nowhere" because most national media types don't pay attention to the FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    When was the last time that an "analyst" was responsible for drafting a football player for an NFL team?

Their opinions count for what ...?

Most analyst don't do the research necessary to publish an informed article, must less provide accurate quotes from unnamed sources.

Now if the Exec was speaking, then there might be something to it.... but until then, 98% of the media analyst are only a cut above freshmen high school newspaper reporters in quality, objectivity, accuracy, and knowledge of a subject.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The only "analysts/experts" worth listening to are the ones who are paid pretty good money for their opinions and those guys (Kiper and McShay) are pretty high on Wentz being a good NFL QB. The rest are just bloggers looking for clicks, and unfortunately, are under-informed in regards to their opinions.
    It seems like Kiper, McShay and Mayock are by far the most knowledgeable and respected analysts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by The_Herd View Post
    Gil Brandt's Response to this article:
    Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 6m6 minutes ago - Says the exec who plans on drafting Wentz in the first round.
    Another smoke screen? Blowing smoke a different direction? Could be. No matter what, he's ours to give a crap about and guessing no matter the type of hype, he goes higher than we all thought possible at the beginning of season. It's not like whether or not he is a winner, is being questioned.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    As coach Hedberg noted at the Bison Nation lunch today, plenty of NFL teams knew about Carson before the season started. He's only coming out of "nowhere" because most national media types don't pay attention to the FCS.
    I hope he grooms Easton up to Carson's level, I certainly don't want to see the quality drop.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"