Page 2450 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1450195023502400244024482449245024512452246025002550 ... LastLast
Results 24,491 to 24,500 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Thats the best you got? Your a Carson Wentz apologist regardless of what happens to him. Funny though, all the NEUTRAL experts on all the national tv sports programs are pretty much saying what I am. Everybody outside of ND is a bit tired of excuses for him never being on the field when his team needs him most. They are asking for him to do what they have all along, "SHOW ME"! and you cant do that from the bench!! I'm a Wentz fan and not a Wentz apologist... so, "show me".
    Just a heads up: you're not coming across as a Wentz fan.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

I also forgot to ask? Wentz is hurt and done for the season, What's new?????? Oh Yeah "Next Year".... Get ready to hit the repeat button!
    Can you stop with this diatribe? We know where you stand.

Thats the best you got? Your a Carson Wentz apologist regardless of what happens to him. Funny though, all the NEUTRAL experts on all the national tv sports programs are pretty much saying what I am. Everybody outside of ND is a bit tired of excuses for him never being on the field when his team needs him most. They are asking for him to do what they have all along, "SHOW ME"! and you cant do that from the bench!! I'm a Wentz fan and not a Wentz apologist... so, "show me".
    Let me explain it to you in terms that even an asshole can understand if they so choose: When your QB gets knocked out by a dirty cheap shot to the head that could easily have been a career-ender for any player, only an asshole blames the QB rather than the player who made the hit. Asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Let me explain it to you in terms that an asshole can understand if they so choose: When your QB gets knocked out by a dirty cheap shot to the head that could easily have been a career-ender for any player, only an asshole blames the QB rather than the player who made the hit. Asshole.
    Save your time everyone. He isn't going to listen. Whatever anyone's thoughts are on football or any contact related sports, Carson is a good guy and no one deserves a spear to the back of the head while they are 6 inches from the ground while technically being down.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t think clowney tried to do what ended up happening. Hit to the head. Just tried to get another shot in on the qb who is fair game in the open field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me explain it to you in terms that even an asshole can understand if they so choose: When your QB gets knocked out by a dirty cheap shot to the head that could easily have been a career-ender for any player, only an asshole blames the QB rather than the player who made the hit. Asshole.

Well spoken, Tony. BV's thoughts exactly.

Indeed.
    A brain injury that was caused by an illegal hit DOES NOT have anything to do with a quarterback playing recklessly or being fragile.

NO, my narrative is pretty clear and spot-on. What is a SILLY narrative is those saying that the Clowney hit was an Assault and charges should be filed as such. If that were the case then lets bring law enforcement and attorney's on the field at EVERY SINGLE NFL GAME. I dont think i watched a game this year where at least one late-dirty hit took place of equal or greater BS than the hit on Wentz. That's why even the announcers were shocked when he was spotted walking to the locker room. He's played nine minutes of playoff football in the past three years, that fits MY NARRATIVE and not yours.
    Here is a sports editorial from the Philadelphia Inquirer. One perspective on this.
    https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagl...-20200107.html

The writer makes valid points, IMO. I love Carson's competitiveness, desire to win. Would like him to be an NFL QB for a few years and realize his potential.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I don’t think clowney tried to do what ended up happening. Hit to the head. Just tried to get another shot in on the qb who is fair game in the open field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree he was just trying to get an extra hit on Wentz. It isn’t assault as some have proposed on here. That is an overreaction, I think. That being said, it isn’t exactly fair game when you change your body direction to dive down head first at a guy who is clearly going to the ground. That is reckless and is exactly the type of “tackling” that the game is trying to eliminate for the sake of player safety. That hit was against the rules regardless of whether the officials caught it in realtime or not, which by the very definition makes it not fair game.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Here is a sports editorial from the Philadelphia Inquirer. One perspective on this.
    https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagl...-20200107.html

The writer makes valid points, IMO. I love Carson's competitiveness, desire to win. Would like him to be an NFL QB for a few years and realize his potential.
    Spot on...all the comparison's to Carson's abilities vs other more athletic QBs seemed a bit redundant, but overall he's not wrong. Carson doesnt need to view it as he's incapable of making plays downfield outside the pocket, but rather he needs to protect himself.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.