Page 2347 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1347184722472297233723452346234723482349235723972447 ... LastLast
Results 23,461 to 23,470 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Good video from Cowherd... he's one of the more tolerable sports blowhards out there IMO. But I've thought for the last year and a half that it just looks like Wentz wants it more than most of his teammates do. Is that just because of how he's wired (being he didn't contribute in the playoffs on their Super Bowl run) or is that because the majority of his teammates are coasting now that they've won one? If it's the latter that's bad news bears... might have to blow it up and re-tool if that's the case.
    I think that's the case and most of them are past their primes IMO. They need an infusion of young talent but most of their draft pics have been busts. They need a house cleaning starting with the scouting and medical staffs. Seriously they seem to have way more injuries and longer recovery times then any other team I've ever seen. Blow the thing up and start over, Seattle has rebuilt in a couple seasons by getting rid of the older malcontents, the Patriots seem to do it every year with a few players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I think that's the case and most of them are past their primes IMO. They need an infusion of young talent but most of their draft pics have been busts. They need a house cleaning starting with the scouting and medical staffs. Seriously they seem to have way more injuries and longer recovery times then any other team I've ever seen. Blow the thing up and start over, Seattle has rebuilt in a couple seasons by getting rid of the older malcontents, the Patriots seem to do it every year with a few players.
    I agree. Their roster especially all their "stars" seem older than average.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I watched about 10 minutes of MNF last eve. The analysts noted that Brady leads the league in pass release time at 2.6 second avg. Right after they posted the stat Brady fires a quick throw to the flat for a 12-15 yard simple catch and run. Why other coaches and QB's dont see that is beyond me. Wentz to me is VERY similar in size, arm strength, (a bit below)accuracy to Brady. First, he sits to shallow in the pocket at the snap and if he hold the ball past 2.5 seconds he is probably getting hit or slapped from behind. Next, he makes way to many reads and check downs. When Brady goes thru check downs, look out because he is going DEEP, otherwise Brady is getting the ball out quick and ACCURATE to a forward moving receiver. Marginal illegal picks and screens for receivers included. Its not rocket science Eagels, copy what works!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I watched about 10 minutes of MNF last eve. The analysts noted that Brady leads the league in pass release time at 2.6 second avg. Right after they posted the stat Brady fires a quick throw to the flat for a 12-15 yard simple catch and run. Why other coaches and QB's dont see that is beyond me. Wentz to me is VERY similar in size, arm strength, (a bit below)accuracy to Brady. First, he sits to shallow in the pocket at the snap and if he hold the ball past 2.5 seconds he is probably getting hit or slapped from behind. Next, he makes way to many reads and check downs. When Brady goes thru check downs, look out because he is going DEEP, otherwise Brady is getting the ball out quick and ACCURATE to a forward moving receiver. Marginal illegal picks and screens for receivers included. Its not rocket science Eagels, copy what works!!!!
    Agree

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Im also not a fan of the RPO that the Eagles ran so much the past few years. Wentz was hurt twice and now look at Foles in Jax, he is sitting with broken bones. Now, the Eagles sit Wentz in a small shallow pocket only to expose his lower body to both defenders and collapsing O-lineman. Its only a matter of time before Wentz has another preventable leg type injury as he is getting fallen on and hit at the knee area multiple times per game. Brady plays with a new O-line most every year and seldom allows himself to get hit, especially low. It's not an accident he does this.

Wentz was bad Sunday, but hes been very good this season. His career thus far outside of injuries has been outstanding.

He does hold on to the ball too long at times and sometimes makes very low % throws in critical situations. I do wish he would utilize the check down more often. He isnt without his faults, just like every QB in the league. 29/32 teams in the NFL would probably take him.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Wentz was bad Sunday, but hes been very good this season. His career thus far outside of injuries has been outstanding.

He does hold on to the ball too long at times and sometimes makes very low % throws in critical situations. I do wish he would utilize the check down more often. He isnt without his faults, just like every QB in the league. 29/32 teams in the NFL would probably take him.
    Seems like the eagles just lack play making ability everywhere and the pressure is always on Carson to play catch-up.

Unfortunately for Carson, I think the Eagles Super Bowl season was their year to catch the proverbial "lightning in a bottle." They did not seem like a team built to have even a 3 or 4 year run/dynasty. Your backup QB comes in and does what Foles did? Please...that was SO out of the ordinary in sports.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Unfortunately for Carson, I think the Eagles Super Bowl season was their year to catch the proverbial "lightning in a bottle." They did not seem like a team built to have even a 3 or 4 year run/dynasty. Your backup QB comes in and does what Foles did? Please...that was SO out of the ordinary in sports.
    Foles was good in the Superbowl and the NFC Championship that year. He was hot garbage in every other game. The defense got them to the NFC Championship that year. Eagles have one of the worst defenses in the league right now. Meanwhile the Patriots defense has allowed 3 TDs and gotten 21 takeaways this year. Brady could throw the ball into the dirt every play and his team might still win the game. Carson tries to do too much at times, and that is his flaw. But I would take that any day over a guy who alligator arms the catch on a good throw downfield.