Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The New WAC

Default The New WAC

Looks like there will be a new conference in the FCS.
    https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...496567297?s=20

Default Re: The New WAC

That sucks. I was hoping they were going to save their spot a G 5 conference

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

So they'll kick everybody out when they go FBS? Dixie State? Seriously?

I guess the late Sioux Volley was right, in an odd and convoluted sort of way

This just demonstrates how badly CFB needs actual leadership ...

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    So they'll kick everybody out when they go FBS? Dixie State? Seriously?

I guess the late Sioux Volley was right, in an odd and convoluted sort of way

This just demonstrates how badly CFB needs actual leadership ...
    Yeah, the "elevate to FBS football later this decade" part gave me a belly laugh.

Not one of those schools is anywhere near ready for an FBS move. New Mexico St should just swallow their pride and go the route of Idaho... we'll see how long it is before they realize it.

Does their claim of wanting to go FBS hold any water? If so, what stops me from grouping up Jamestown, Mayville State, UMary and declaring the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Does their claim of wanting to go FBS hold any water? If so, what stops me from grouping up Jamestown, Mayville State, UMary and declaring the same thing?
    Mo way this could happen without Dickinson State and Dakota State University....

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t get why they think they can eventually get to FBS status? Don’t they need like 6 FBS schools in the conference to do so? I mean all we have been told for years was that an FCS conference can’t just proclaim itself with FBS status. If that’s not the case then MVFC needs to get it’s head out of its ass.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I don’t get why they think they can eventually get to FBS status? Don’t they need like 6 FBS schools in the conference to do so? I mean all we have been told for years was that an FCS conference can’t just proclaim itself with FBS status. If that’s not the case then MVFC needs to get it’s head out of its ass.
    Some semblance of the MVFC to FBS would be a lot of fun. Trim some fat, get St. Thomas to come along, and away we go!
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Some semblance of the MVFC to FBS would be a lot of fun. Trim some fat, get St. Thomas to come along, and away we go!
    Right, I mean what has changed to make a conference think that they can just up and join the FBS ranks?

NDSU
    SDSU
    UNI
    ISUR
    YSU is a solid start to a quality FBS conference. I’d add the Montana’s if they were interested. Sure St. Thomas once they’ve established themselves in the FCS for a couple seasons.
    Don’t care for UND for obvious reasons. USD isn’t consistent enough. Missouri St is pretty gross, ISUB can’t figure out if it wants to be a quality program or not. Not sure what to think about SIU. Hell, I’d leave out YSU and St Thomas and add New Mexico St and Idaho.
    IDAHO
    NMST
    MONTANA
    MONTANA ST
    NDSU
    SDSU
    UNI
    ISUR
    Lots of traveling for some teams.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Right, I mean what has changed to make a conference think that they can just up and join the FBS ranks?

NDSU
    SDSU
    UNI
    ISUR
    YSU is a solid start to a quality FBS conference. I’d add the Montana’s if they were interested. Sure St. Thomas once they’ve established themselves in the FCS for a couple seasons.
    Don’t care for UND for obvious reasons. USD isn’t consistent enough. Missouri St is pretty gross, ISUB can’t figure out if it wants to be a quality program or not. Not sure what to think about SIU. Hell, I’d leave out YSU and St Thomas and add New Mexico St and Idaho.
    IDAHO
    NMST
    MONTANA
    MONTANA ST
    NDSU
    SDSU
    UNI
    ISUR
    Lots of traveling for some teams.
    I think for political reasons, you need to give MVC schools right of first refusal:
    ISUb, Missouri State, SIU.
    Or just give it a new name and solve that problem.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.