Page 2334 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1334183422342284232423322333233423352336234423842434 ... LastLast
Results 23,331 to 23,340 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

That's hard to determine.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    EaGlEs WoUlDa wOn bY 14 iF pI's WeRe CaLlED
    My comment was about dropped balls, not PI calls.

Fuckin figger it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Vikes fan here, but in defense of Eagles’ CBs, they were expecting safety help over the top on at least 3 of the long passes/tds, but continue with your myopic view of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are safeties not part of the defensive secondary? The whole until played bad in the first half. Like the rest of the team a lot of injuries which doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Are safeties not part of the defensive secondary? The whole until played bad in the first half. Like the rest of the team a lot of injuries which doesn't help.
    Yes, but He pointed out the CBs specifically; hence, my comment. Go re-read his post.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    My comment was about dropped balls, not PI calls.

Fuckin figger it out.
    My b.. there was PI talk right above your butter finger posts.

And im posting while corralling a 4 & 1 year old

Cowboys losing today would be ideal

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yes, but He pointed out the CBs specifically; hence, my comment. Go re-read his post.

I see that now. Hard to argue eagles corners didn't have a rough game though. Got beat deep bad repeatedly and tackled poorly coming up on short passes. They were playing scared the first half and it showed. Lots of ticky tack PI calls against them too which didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Cowboys losing today would be ideal
    The Cowboys losing every week is ideal.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I much prefer the college, seemingly "let them play" mentality. Although it may just be the difference in speed of the game
    I believe the rules and philosophies are similar between the two. NFL tends to get a little more technical on some things but PI seems pretty consistent between the two to me.

PI a very subjective call with many factors which is why making it part of replay was a very bad idea. You are just replacing one person's judgement with another's. To help make it more consistent and reduce the gray area, we put DPI six categories.

Early contact not playing the ball - defender is beat and gets into the body of the receiver without looking

Arm grab - defender running side by side with receiver and grabs the arm of the receiver so he can't raise it to catch the ball

Arm bar - similar to an grab except defender puts arm across the front of the receiver preventing him from raising one or both arms

Playing through the back - usually on a button book or crossing route where receiver is between the passer and the defender and the defender gets into the back well before the ball arrives

Grab and restrict - defender grabs the arm or body or jersey of the receiver and pulls enough that it takes the receiver off his route (must be a material restriction)

Hook and turn - when a defender is running behind the receiver and reaches around with one arm while the other hand is on the back side of the receiver and he turns the receiver at the hip or shoulder in an effort to knock the pass away

When we report fouls after the game we have to identify which category it is for PI and holding. I believe the NFL teaches similar categories. In addition to the category you also need to judge material restriction and impact on the play. They aren't always black and white which is why replay is a bad idea.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I believe the rules and philosophies are similar between the two. NFL tends to get a little more technical on some things but PI seems pretty consistent between the two to me.

PI a very subjective call with many factors which is why making it part of replay was a very bad idea. You are just replacing one person's judgement with another's. To help make it more consistent and reduce the gray area, we put DPI six categories.

Early contact not playing the ball - defender is beat and gets into the body of the receiver without looking

Arm grab - defender running side by side with receiver and grabs the arm of the receiver so he can't raise it to catch the ball

Arm bar - similar to an grab except defender puts arm across the front of the receiver preventing him from raising one or both arms

Playing through the back - usually on a button book or crossing route where receiver is between the passer and the defender and the defender gets into the back well before the ball arrives

Grab and restrict - defender grabs the arm or body or jersey of the receiver and pulls enough that it takes the receiver off his route (must be a material restriction)

Hook and turn - when a defender is running behind the receiver and reaches around with one arm while the other hand is on the back side of the receiver and he turns the receiver at the hip or shoulder in an effort to knock the pass away

When we report fouls after the game we have to identify which category it is for PI and holding. I believe the NFL teaches similar categories. In addition to the category you also need to judge material restriction and impact on the play. They aren't always black and white which is why replay is a bad idea.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Pretty much everyone hates PI replay. Referees, coaches, players, fans... I don't think anyone likes it.

Thanks a lot you whiny bunch of Saints fans/players/coaches!