Page 2090 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 10901590199020402080208820892090209120922100214021902590 ... LastLast
Results 20,891 to 20,900 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Actually I was wondering where that was. The roof didn't look quite right to me.
    Yeah, I'm glad that the Forum cleared this up - was worried he proposed on the roof of a Medieval Times or something.

BTW, why do people build castles in the US for enormous amounts of money when they can go to http://sifex.co.uk/ and buy the real thing for a fraction of the amount and maybe get a vineyard or something thrown in?

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

"Carson Wentz: Knee injury won't change how I play"

FTA: "When talks turn to Carson Wentz tearing his ACL and LCL, often analysts and professional talkers cite the quarterback's propensity to run and put himself in harm's way as a reason such injuries could plague him for his career.

Despite the critique, the Philadelphia Eagles QB says the injury won't change his style of play. "I definitely won't change, so to speak. That's what made me successful this last season and my whole career," Wentz said Tuesday on Sports Radio 94WIP, via NJ.com. "It is something I've learned since coming into the league -- how to protect myself ... I am not going to let this change me."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nge-how-i-play
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post

FTA: "When talks turn to Carson Wentz tearing his ACL and LCL, often analysts and professional talkers cite the quarterback's propensity to run and put himself in harm's way as a reason such injuries could plague him for his career.

Despite the critique, the Philadelphia Eagles QB says the injury won't change his style of play. "I definitely won't change, so to speak. That's what made me successful this last season and my whole career," Wentz said Tuesday on Sports Radio 94WIP, via NJ.com. "It is something I've learned since coming into the league -- how to protect myself ... I am not going to let this change me."

Those who do not learn from their mistakes are destined to repeat them.
    1st down and goal does not necessitate a QB jeopardizing his career with a dangerous run when you have a stable of backs that can take the abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post

No need to change - the pocket is a pretty dangerous place to be too. According to this article, http://www.slate.com/articles/sports...ury_prone.html, mobile QBs don't get injured at a higher rate than conventional QBs. The factor that does affect the injury rate of both types of QBs is sacks.
    Hail the BISON!!!

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

"Nick Foles Vs. Carson Wentz Is Closer Than You Think"

FTA: "The Eagles have two elite quarterbacks.

This is beyond question.

One I believe will be a star in this league for the next decade.

One just won the Super Bowl MVP.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. It doesn't have to be Nick vs. Carson. They're both great people, tremendous teammates, fierce competitors.

But for those who still refuse to give Foles credit for what he achieved, consider this:..."

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...474076393.html
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not like Carson runs that much. When he does get out of the pocket he just needs to be smart about it... not try to run guys over and avoid a hit as much as he can whether it be throw the ball away (still can get hit), slide, or run out-of-bounds.

http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/20...n-2017-season/

2016: 16 G | 78.3 PFF Grade | 379 of 607 for 3,782 yds | 16 TD | 14 Int | 79.3 passer rating

2017: 13 G | 87.6 PFF Grade | 265 of 440 for 3,296 yds | 33 TD | 7 Int | 101.9 passer rating

Wentz did not have a terrible rookie season, but he went from being a promising young player to an MVP-caliber franchise quarterback in just one year. We can only speculate how his season would have ended had he not torn his ACL, but it is clear that Wentz is already a top-10 NFL quarterback after just his second season.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Those who do not learn from their mistakes are destined to repeat them.
    1st down and goal does not necessitate a QB jeopardizing his career with a dangerous run when you have a stable of backs that can take the abuse.
    Absolutely. I'm not saying he has to be like Brady and never run (possible exceptions in AFC championship &/or Superbowl), but the running/taking shots should be more limited...like you mentioned. At times Carson was just asking for an injury.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Absolutely. I'm not saying he has to be like Brady and never run (possible exceptions in AFC championship &/or Superbowl), but the running/taking shots should be more limited...like you mentioned. At times Carson was just asking for an injury.
    The Carolina game I wanna say he tried to run over a safety and got stood up right at the goal line. A nice reminder he's not going against FCS db's anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I don't believe any of Carson's injuries in his career, both college or professional, can be attributed to risks he took against a defender or a defender imposing his will on Carson. Most if not all his injuries are the result of pushing the limits of a very tall, athletic and strong body. Just don't see how he cuts back on athleticism at just the right times to prevent injury. The runs never got him hurt. I believe the ankle, wrist and rib injuries were fluke things that happened while in or moving out of the pocket and finishing a throw. Not sure about the knee, but likely sudden pivots, changing direction and lunging with a big body did damage over time. That is what he will need to curtail.
    Carson is a competitor and what makes him special is his drive to get the job done every play. I don't see that changing.