Page 2313 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1313181322132263230323112312231323142315232323632413 ... LastLast
Results 23,121 to 23,130 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You're watching a different play than me apparently. They had 3 guys blocking the right end. They could've sustained that block for 30 seconds but they just quit and let the guy run right through them. It's pretty easy to see when the ball is out. This is their one and only job. There's no good excuse for that.

But the comments from former players on SFY are kind of troubling... I know I've heard Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson come to Wentz's back publicly several times when he was questioned like when it was reported that there was a divide in the locker room at the beginning of last year over who should be the starting QB. Are those guy's just full of shit? Has something changed between now and then? Or are Wiley and Housh just reading too much into this?
    I agree with a handful of comments in the video: this is much ado about nothing. It was an unfortunate sequence of events, but not much beyond that.

The Lions' 3-man rush pulled all the O-line to the left side. While they were all bunched up and looking the same way, Carson saw something and began to wind up for a pass. One of the Lions saw this and jumped up to block the pass he thought was coming. The O-line saw the jump and thought it meant that Carson had thrown the ball. That's why they gave up on the play. The one or two Eagles linemen that didn't see the jump, saw the rest of the line giving up and thought the ball was gone. The only ones who realized Carson still had the ball were the Lions. You can see one or two Eagles give a startled jump when the Lions go pass them and they turn to see Carson still has the ball. You can almost hear the "Oh Shit!" when they realize what's happened. But by then it's too late.

Not saying it wasn't sloppy play by the O-line, just that it's not the narrative some are pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I agree with a handful of comments in the video: this is much ado about nothing. It was an unfortunate sequence of events, but not much beyond that.

The Lions' 3-man rush pulled all the O-line to the left side. While they were all bunched up and looking the same way, Carson saw something and began to wind up for a pass. One of the Lions saw this and jumped up to block the pass he thought was coming. The O-line saw the jump and thought it meant that Carson had thrown the ball. That's why they gave up on the play. The one or two Eagles linemen that didn't see the jump, saw the rest of the line giving up and thought the ball was gone. The only ones who realized Carson still had the ball were the Lions. You can see one or two Eagles give a startled jump when the Lions go pass them and they turn to see Carson still has the ball. You can almost hear the "Oh Shit!" when they realize what's happened. But by then it's too late.

Not saying it wasn't sloppy play by the O-line, just that it's not the narrative some are pushing.
    Ahhhh yeah BS. Three man rush with six defending. You should be able to keep that QB clean ALL DAMN DAY.

If I am Carson Wentz and I see this clip I am one pissed off dude no matter what I say to the microphones. Doug Peterson and Jeff Lurie should be even more pissed off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post

I agree with much of this, but it’s also curious that after the play they didn’t attempt to help get Wentz back on his feet like you so often see from teammates when the QB gets crushed, particularly because of them.

Back to back weeks of potential game winning drives and not getting it done doesnt look good.

Kinda looks like a must win at Green Bay on Thur.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    I agree with much of this, but it’s also curious that after the play they didn’t attempt to help get Wentz back on his feet like you so often see from teammates when the QB gets crushed, particularly because of them.
    Have you seen an extended clip that shows that? I'm sure they're out there, but I've only seen the viral one that cuts off just as the ball is hitting the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You're watching a different play than me apparently. They had 3 guys blocking the right end. They could've sustained that block for 30 seconds but they just quit and let the guy run right through them. It's pretty easy to see when the ball is out. This is their one and only job. There's no good excuse for that.

But the comments from former players on SFY are kind of troubling... I know I've heard Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson come to Wentz's back publicly several times when he was questioned like when it was reported that there was a divide in the locker room at the beginning of last year over who should be the starting QB. Are those guy's just full of shit? Has something changed between now and then? Or are Wiley and Housh just reading too much into this?
    Sorry but we will have to agree to disagree. The QB has to make a decision not just keep running around behind the line. This is on Carson, he needs to either run or throw the damn ball. Watching it again he was ready to pull the trigger then pulled it back down. I think he was going to go deep and if he had thrown it there's a good chance it would have been completed or dropped. The receiver was going to be open deep.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    In fairness that's not really on the oline. They don't know where Carson is and the ball should have been out by then. They sustained their blocks as long as they could on that play. That's on Carson to either take off or throw it.

what are you watching? There is one lineman working hard. The rest aren't giving much effort. When a team rushes three the QB should have unlimited time. plus it is hard to get open vs 8 dropped into coverage. Especially when you only have one starter playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Back to back weeks of potential game winning drives and not getting it done doesnt look good.

Kinda looks like a must win at Green Bay on Thur.
    Wentz should do more. He's just been standing around watching as the defense blows the lead allowing a 50 yard screen pass after he puts them back on top . He also just stands there as his passes bounce of his receiver's hands on game winning throws. He should find some way to contribute better in these situations.

was in bismarck. ran into a group of guys that HATED WENTZ.

"oh Wentz is overrated, all hype, he hasn't done squat"

"sick of north dakota media all on carson's jock"

after 10 minutes I just laughed and remembered this are huge Bismarck St Mary's people.. hahaha.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    what are you watching? There is one lineman working hard. The rest aren't giving much effort. When a team rushes three the QB should have unlimited time. plus it is hard to get open vs 8 dropped into coverage. Especially when you only have one starter playing.
    What are you watching? They blocked the 3 guys for 6 seconds, 6 SECONDS! Carson had plenty of time to make a decision, he second guessed himself when he shouldn't have, he's got to get rid of the ball or run at that point.