Page 2200 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1200170021002150219021982199220022012202221022502300 ... LastLast
Results 21,991 to 22,000 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yeah I don't get all the philly fans on their message board wanting a "deep threat" WR when Carson has no time to throw short routes! If they got some decent play out of their oline they would be much better off IMO. Their WR and TE are getting open when Carson has enough time to get them the ball. Doug needs to call more roll out or boot plays if they don't do something with the line now that Lane is out.
    Philly has lots of passionate, yet ignorant fans.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You guys all like to rip on the Eagles OL as though it is the only thing needed to improve. From my perspective, the coaching staff hasn't adjusted the scheme at all to work with the skills of its players and the weak spots of the opposition. Rather, the same things keep happening and everyone just bitches at the OL.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    You guys all like to rip on the Eagles OL as though it is the only thing needed to improve. From my perspective, the coaching staff hasn't adjusted the scheme at all to work with the skills of its players and the weak spots of the opposition. Rather, the same things keep happening and everyone just bitches at the OL.
    No it's not the whole thing needing improvement but it would help a lot of their offensive issues IMO. They simply are not playing well, not as well as last season and both tackles are not healthy right now. Improved oline play helps the run game, the pass game and the defense stay off the field. I agree that some of the coaching and scheme/playcalling isn't helping the situation but that's a whole other issue.

I'm no OC but I'd imagine playcalling is tough when your Oline is a MASH unit and you can't pass protect well enough for drop back passing. The Goedert TD that was a roll out throwback was probably called in response for their lack of pass protection, so they do adjust, but you can't call an entire game that way. With no feature running back healthy on the roster the running game and play action isn't much help either.

The Eagles O-line is the most beat up in all of football. Wentz is actually playing out of his mind from what I have watched. Again, Wentz wont make the season if they cant patch this up and/or get a few guys back. Somewhere along the way he is gonna get smacked from the blind side by a "free runner". Its hard to second guess play calling when the line you start the season with isn't playing. Actually, they scored more points last weekend than I expected and Wentz played great for the circumstance.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'm no OC but I'd imagine playcalling is tough when your Oline is a MASH unit and you can't pass protect well enough for drop back passing. The Goedert TD that was a roll out throwback was probably called in response for their lack of pass protection, so they do adjust, but you can't call an entire game that way. With no feature running back healthy on the roster the running game and play action isn't much help either.
    I'm certainly not letting the line off of the hook but the lack of proper running plays to put a DE or DT on his heals allows them to tee off on the OL and really gets rid of the advantage that the snap count might give them, even if slight. They also don't run many screens that would serve the same purpose. It's frustrating to watch that and then listen to everyone simply bitch about the OL. Those guys are being put at a disadvantage from the start. Injuries are messing with how they work as a unit.
    Insert something clever here...

Looks like Carson will have another target. I think this is great news.

Philadelphia Eagles land WR Golden Tate from Detroit Lions in trade.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ns/1820799002/

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    The Eagles O-line is the most beat up in all of football. Wentz is actually playing out of his mind from what I have watched. Again, Wentz wont make the season if they cant patch this up and/or get a few guys back. Somewhere along the way he is gonna get smacked from the blind side by a "free runner". Its hard to second guess play calling when the line you start the season with isn't playing. Actually, they scored more points last weekend than I expected and Wentz played great for the circumstance.
    That's the most concerning part to me. Smallwood is a decent RB also but cannot block at all. He is on pace to be sacked way more than his first 2 seasons.

2016 - sacked 33 times (16 games)
    2017 - sacked 28 times (13 games)
    2018 - sacked 21 times (6 games)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Looks like Carson will have another target. I think this is great news.

Philadelphia Eagles land WR Golden Tate from Detroit Lions in trade.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ns/1820799002/

Not hating that at all

Jeffries
    Agholar
    Matthews
    Tate

That's one solid receiving group.
    The fella that watches the CFL

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    That's the most concerning part to me. Smallwood is a decent RB also but cannot block at all. He is on pace to be sacked way more than his first 2 seasons.

2016 - sacked 33 times (16 games)
    2017 - sacked 28 times (13 games)
    2018 - sacked 21 times (6 games)

Not hating that at all

Jeffries
    Agholar
    Matthews
    Tate

That's one solid receiving group.
    Plus Ertz (and Goedert)
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    Plus Ertz (and Goedert)
    Ertz is currently tied for 2nd in receptions (in the entire NFL). He has caught 61 passes.

He is 12th in receiving yardage with 644.