Page 1834 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 8341334173417841824183218331834183518361844188419342334 ... LastLast
Results 18,331 to 18,340 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

http://www.philly.com/philly/columni...-20171012.html

Against Panthers, Carson Wentz was the best quarterback on the field, and it wasn't close

FTA:"Carson Wentz had a choice to make, and you kinda had the feeling which one he was going to choose. Rolling out to his right on a second-and-goal play from the Panthers’ two-yard line, the second-year quarterback found all of his targets covered and tucked the ball to run. As he scrambled across the line of scrimmage, Panthers safety Mike Adams floated into his field of vision, squaring up one yard in front of the goal line. Wentz had already spent two quarters absorbing blow after punishing blow from a Panthers pass rush that was taking full advantage of Lane Johnson’s absence at right tackle. But instead of preserving his body and flopping down to the turf, Wentz lowered his head, zeroed in on Adams, and delivered a crushing shoulder to the safety’s chest."

------------------------------
    Carson Wentz throws 3 TD passes, Eagles beat Panthers 28-23

FTA:"Carson Wentz said he saw some things from the Carolina Panthers he hadn't seen on film leading to three first-half sacks and plenty of pressure. It didn't bother the Philadelphia Eagles' second-year quarterback. Wentz came up big in a huge game, throwing for 222 yards and three touchdowns against one of the NFL's top defenses, ...

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...thers-50452977

------------------------------

Eagles vs. Panthers final score, things to know: Wentz a superhero, Cam gets no help

FTA: "We wrote earlier this week that the Eagles' hot start would look a lot more legit if they were able to beat the Panthers in Carolina on Thursday night, and well, they came out and did just that."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...-gets-no-help/
    ----------------------------------
    Last edited by VirginiaBison; 10-13-2017 at 06:12 AM.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

If it was just Wentz one on one vs that safety I think he scores. Other Panther defenders assisted immediately after the hit to keep him out.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    If it was just Wentz one on one vs that safety I think he scores. Other Panther defenders assisted immediately after the hit to keep him out.
    I think he was pretty well stood up and wasn't going to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    If the Eagles can win that game with those refs, they can beat anybody.
    I agree, the refs were bad for the Eagles, but the Eagles were sometimes bad for the Eagles too.

They are figuring out the formula. Stout D, efficient O. Think about the quote from former Bison HC Ron E. -- something like pass to score, run to win

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    It iswhat it is Wentz the best qb in Bison history hands down no contest
    Are you basing that on college production or professional?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

It's tough to win on the road on Thursday night in the NFL and the Eagles just did it against one of the better teams in the NFC. Their arrow as a team is definitely pointing up. 6 of their last 10 games are at home also.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    I think he was pretty well stood up and wasn't going to make it.
    Not by Adams. Wentz blew him back 2 yards after he stuck his shoulder into his chest. It would've been similar to him running over that YSU DB for the TD in 2014 if it was just 1 on 1.

https://twitter.com/MarcFarzetta/sta...56766308741122

I was actually impressed with the safety, Wentz is a big dude and Adams essentially stopped him. Today's lesson that this isn't the MVFC anymore.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How about after he misses a key third down read, he immediately spots it while reviewing it on the sidelines. That's a guy who is still working to get even better.
    There were a few things Romo pointed out that he'll look at film later and realize what decision he should have made in each particular situation and he won't make the same mistake again.