Page 2497 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1497199723972447248724952496249724982499250725472597 ... LastLast
Results 24,961 to 24,970 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Played well 1st half, but was awful 2nd half. OLine doesnt help, but still holds onto ball too long and fumbles are a problem. Need to find a way to get ball down field or there will be smaller openings on the short to medium passes.
    It was just a stupid overall gameplan. They are playing to the Eagles weakness (bad oline):and the Redskins strength. Doug Peterson may be the worst play caller ever. The understands QBs but doesn't have a clue how the game flows.

How would the Bison have done vs JMU in the first Championship game if we didnt run the ball 40 times vs their incredible pass rush or secondary? You run the ball at their great DEs

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

up 17-0. Run the dam ball and throw underneath easy passes
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Eagles absolutely had no run game. Washington RB Gibson was running for alteast 4 yards every play. Carson tried to do something out of nothing, I wish he got rid of the ball like Brady instead of holding on for too long when no receivers were open.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Eagles absolutely had no run game. Washington RB Gibson was running for alteast 4 yards every play. Carson tried to do something out of nothing, I wish he got rid of the ball like Brady instead of holding on for too long when no receivers were open.
    They only ran it 17 times, for 3.4 ypc. Meanwhile Washington ran it 36 times for 2.2

After they lead by 3 scores (10 run attempts early) with 6 min left in the 2nd quarter...

Run pass pass punt
    Pass (pick)
    Pass pass pass punt
    Half time

Run pass pass punt
    Pass (pick)
    Mix 4 runs 4 pass (sack makes 40 yard FG 52 missed)
    6 passes and 1 run. Penalty on pick (drive ends on pass pass sack)

Pass (sack) pass pass punt

Then redskins take lead

5 passes, turnover on downs
    Pass sack fumble
    Pass pass pass game

So ... 7 runs after a 3 score lead. 1 sustained drive where they got in field goal range only to get sacked into a long FB miss. Run the ball instead of throwing that dumb 1st pick and the 1st half clock is probably run out. The picks and stopping the clock won the game for the Redskins

And no... I didnt watch the game. I've been watching this stupid offense for 4 years and I knew before I looked at the box score.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    They only ran it 17 times, for 3.4 ypc. Meanwhile Washington ran it 36 times for 2.2

After they lead by 3 scores (10 run attempts early) with 6 min left in the 2nd quarter...

Run pass pass punt
    Pass (pick)
    Pass pass pass punt
    Half time

Run pass pass punt
    Pass (pick)
    Mix 4 runs 4 pass (sack makes 40 yard FG 52 missed)
    6 passes and 1 run. Penalty on pick (drive ends on pass pass sack)

Pass (sack) pass pass punt

Then redskins take lead

5 passes, turnover on downs
    Pass sack fumble
    Pass pass pass game

So ... 7 runs after a 3 score lead. 1 sustained drive where they got in field goal range only to get sacked into a long FB miss. Run the ball instead of throwing that dumb 1st pick and the 1st half clock is probably run out. The picks and stopping the clock won the game for the Redskins

And no... I didnt watch the game. I've been watching this stupid offense for 4 years and I knew before I looked at the box score.
    I watched, you're not wrong. Same shit different year.

Doug is the most pass happy play caller there is, he needs a guy in his ear once in awhile to remind him to run the damn ball. I think Frank Reich was that guy in 2017 and they sure miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Doug is the most pass happy play caller there is, he needs a guy in his ear once in awhile to remind him to run the damn ball. I think Frank Reich was that guy in 2017 and they sure miss him.
    Hard offense for a Bison fan to watch. So many 3rd and longs.

DP had his 15 min and is done. I wish that CW could go to a different team. No offense to DP, but his offensive plan is muddled at best. Given the state of things, I just don't see how it goes well for the Eagles this year.

With adding Chase Young, Redskins probably have a top 4-5 DL. Next week they have Donald, Floyd, & Brockers though. Yikes.

Doug Pederson is a shitty play caller. It was cute in 2017 when Wentz HAD to have the best 3rd down conversion. This year unfortunately they don't even have a veteran back that they usually get in free agency. Only Miles Sanders is a good back (but not great), Corey Clement and Boston Scott are below average backs.

That being said why can't the Eagles do quick screens, slants, run option, run pass option? Carson is also big on hero ball, and cannot throw the ball away. If this goes on the Eagles might consider trading him. I think Doug and Carson take huge blame for these stupid losses. Freaking start rolling out for 6-8 yard gains or run the ball. Or Aaron Rodgers it and get it out with a 2 second shot gun. Freaking doing 7 step drops, wth.