Page 2188 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1188168820882138217821862187218821892190219822382288 ... LastLast
Results 21,871 to 21,880 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Wentz was an assassin out there. Give him some time.*

Nice to see Jordan Matthews catch some balls.

Edit: Meant, "give him *enough* time, and he'll destroy teams"
    Last edited by tony; 10-12-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hansen View Post
    Something must be going on regarding Goedert...very few targets and playing some special teams. Just seems odd. Not trolling at all. I think he is doing great, but don't hear as much about him much anymore. Hope he's successful ��
    He's taking the Marker loss especially hard.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wentz still got hit way too much last night, he took some big shots after getting rid of the ball as well. Jason Peters got hurt, left the game and their line play actually improved. As great as he WAS in the past he is now 36 and battling the affects of long term injury on a huge body. Also, Curious as to why Wentz doesnt set up deeper in the shotgun? He is getting to many balls tipped at the line and defenses have clearly scouted this. If his line collapses the slightest he has no room to move. Seems like a deeper snap would allow him better vision over the top, easier to step-up into a clean pocket or allow him to get outside more easily. He's gonna get a leg or knee collapsed on from standing where he has been lately, its only a matter of time from what i watched during his comeback. PS; his arm strength and accuracy is improved nicely.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From what I had seen in the game last night, the problem wasn’t getting balls tipped at the line but defensive players being able to get a good rush on him to continually hit is arm in the process of throwing. I believe that had happened 3-4 times last night. His passes do get tipped often though.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    From what I had seen in the game last night, the problem wasn’t getting balls tipped at the line but defensive players being able to get a good rush on him to continually hit is arm in the process of throwing. I believe that had happened 3-4 times last night. His passes do get tipped often though.
    Watch Carson's delivery compared to Brady & Brees. Their release is much higher

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Watch Carson's delivery compared to Brady & Brees. Their release is much higher

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I think he's still getting used to everybody being as tall as him, not always the case in college.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep, I was actually referring to arm hits and tipped balls in a tight pocket as being one and the same. I just dont like him in those tight spaces that close to the line of scrimmage at most every snap. He plays sooo well in space, especially when he has room to move outside, maybe the best QB in the NFL in open space. Also, I fear for his long term safety in those shallow closed pockets. His own guys may end up taking one of his legs out, even after a whistle. To me its a common sense change but Oh Well!!!!

Carson set a franchise record by throwing a TD in his 19th consecutive game

This is the problem. His oline is getting bullrushed right back into him every time. The tackles have been especially bad this season. They need to improve their technique. I saw a stat that he was actually getting rid of the ball faster then the league average and still getting tons of pressure because the oline is so bad. They give him enough time and he will pick defenses apart. Even with all the oline issues and injuries he's actually been better statistically this season. His accuracy has improved considerably as evidenced by his improved completion percentage. That first TD pass last night was insanely good and very few if any other QB's can make that throw on the run.

THE NUMBER THAT MATTERS: 68.4
    That’s Wentz’s completion percentage through four games. Here are his numbers so far this year compared to last year.
    Comp.% YPA TD/INT Net/pass play
    2017 60.2 7.5 4.7 6.7
    2018 68.4 7.5 8 6.4
    Wentz took just one sack on Thursday night. He’s thrown eight touchdowns and one interception on the season. His completion percentage is up, and his YPA is steady. Take Wentz’s numbers through four starts and extrapolate them over a 16-game season, and you come up with: 4,768 yards, 32 touchdowns and four interceptions.
    Not bad for a guy coming off of a serious knee injury.