Page 2393 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1393189322932343238323912392239323942395240324432493 ... LastLast
Results 23,921 to 23,930 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Wow are there some haters on here. Unreal. To each their own I suppose

From being completely bummed about that game for almost 3 quarters to what just happened was amazing. And to do it with all the injuries was pretty special even if it was against a 2 win team. 1 down 3 to go
    What Carson was able to do tonight was unbelievable considering his cast. Even most of the top 5 QB’s this year would not have been able to build that kind of momentum. Hopefully, the Eagles can build from this and finally learn how to properly use Carson Wentz. They need to do that up tempo offense. It has been the only thing that looks good this year and with their lack of weapons, they need every advantage that they can get.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Wow are there some haters on here. Unreal. To each their own I suppose
    Agreed. The way Booger McFarland piled on Carson the entire game was over-the-top. As if I could not stand Booger (and his name ) any worse. Even so much as praising Ertz’s 5 yard route running ability?
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Agreed. The way Booger McFarland piled on Carson the entire game was over-the-top. As if I could not stand Booger (and his name ) any worse. Even so much as praising Ertz’s 5 yard route running ability?
    MNF is unwatchable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Booger’s general lack if understanding football amazes me.

1. Wentz passes low and behind Jeffrey. Booger says Wentz needs to hit Jeffrey in front and let him make a play. Replay clearly shows the defender in front of Jeffrey while Jeffrey half-asses the route. “Throwing the ball in front” would have meant throwing it to the other team....

2. Booger says “let’s see if the Eagles run that RPO” as Eagles line up in a formation with no RB’s in the backfield...

3. Booger says Carson has been missing open receivers all night. No replay is shown to indicate what he is talking about. In a later replay, Booger mentions that a WR is wide open even though there is a safety over the top and either a DB or LB down low to blanket where the receivers route is going...

Literally everything he said was basically the opposite all night and he pretty clearly was trying to push an anti-Wentz agenda.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    But but but Wentz throws to Ertz too much. As the only Eagle who can actually catch a pass, I think that gripe can be laid to rest.
    Are there homers here? Obviously, who cares? You want Wentz to fail so badly so you can be the “told you so” guy and you are pathetic. Grow up and get a life

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post

1. Wentz passes low and behind Jeffrey. Booger says Wentz needs to hit Jeffrey in front and let him make a play. Replay clearly shows the defender in front of Jeffrey while Jeffrey half-asses the route. “Throwing the ball in front” would have meant throwing it to the other team....

2. Booger says “let’s see if the Eagles run that RPO” as Eagles line up in a formation with no RB’s in the backfield...

3. Booger says Carson has been missing open receivers all night. No replay is shown to indicate what he is talking about. In a later replay, Booger mentions that a WR is wide open even though there is a safety over the top and either a DB or LB down low to blanket where the receivers route is going...

Literally everything he said was basically the opposite all night and he pretty clearly was trying to push an anti-Wentz agenda.
    Says bad time to run fleaflicker because it didn't draw any eagles DBs up... Replay shows all the DBs taking steps forward.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post

Exactly.

I muted the TV for an hour after #1. That was ridiculous. Wentz was throwing him open - it was almost exactly like the pass to Shep in the Jacksonville State game on the first drive. And, in fact, it was just like the pass Eli threw for a TD - the only problem is that the Eagles WR was not able to make a play.

On #3, I was wondering what he was talking about - the only thing I could think of was that he was still yapping about #1, but I missed the start of the 3rd so I wasn't sure.

I'll add this:

4. Booger says, "A good pass by Wentz but an even better route by Ertz."

BTW, I really like the backup WRs... except only one of them is a career WR: JJ A-W. Ward was a college QB just converted to WR and Perkins is a backup TE. I wouldn't hurry to replace them with the old starters. That over the shoulder pass that Ward couldn't catch was probably tipped - and so was the one that JJ A-W couldn't reel in at the one after Wentz dodged the entire Giant front 7. If these guys can run routes, keep them on the field and put their fragile flowers in only occasionally.

Other than sailing a couple easy throws to the Rb's in the flats Wentz threw the ball well last night, especially in regard to rain and wind, something we don't grasp watching tv. A couple times he stepped into throws and they were right on target. Again though, he takes the count way to low between plays (The TD was clearly a late snap and missed penalty) as was 2 other plays last night that I would have challenged as a Giant. With all the turn-over on offense he needs to get rid of the ball much quicker on hard slants and stop routes. With that, this team is not winning out!!!! I think they lose in Washington next week. Way too many injuries, The Giants were a 2-9 team and played like one as well, having the worst offensive line in the NFL is a kiss of death....

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Exactly.

I muted the TV for an hour after #1. That was ridiculous. Wentz was throwing him open - it was almost exactly like the pass to Shep in the Jacksonville State game on the first drive. And, in fact, it was just like the pass Eli threw for a TD - the only problem is that the Eagles WR was not able to make a play.

On #3, I was wondering what he was talking about - the only thing I could think of was that he was still yapping about #1, but I missed the start of the 3rd so I wasn't sure.

I'll add this:

4. Booger says, "A good pass by Wentz but an even better route by Ertz."

BTW, I really like the backup WRs... except only one of them is a career WR: JJ A-W. Ward was a college QB just converted to WR and Perkins is a backup TE. I wouldn't hurry to replace them with the old starters. That over the shoulder pass that Ward couldn't catch was probably tipped - and so was the one that JJ A-W couldn't reel in at the one after Wentz dodged the entire Giant front 7. If these guys can run routes, keep them on the field and put their fragile flowers in only occasionally.
    At this point I think they'd be ok replacing everyone. Just need some new players who actually want to run routes and catch balls.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Other than sailing a couple easy throws to the Rb's in the flats Wentz threw the ball well last night, especially in regard to rain and wind, something we don't grasp watching tv. A couple times he stepped into throws and they were right on target. Again though, he takes the count way to low between plays (The TD was clearly a late snap and missed penalty) as was 2 other plays last night that I would have challenged as a Giant. With all the turn-over on offense he needs to get rid of the ball much quicker on hard slants and stop routes. With that, this team is not winning out!!!! I think they lose in Washington next week. Way too many injuries, The Giants were a 2-9 team and played like one as well, having the worst offensive line in the NFL is a kiss of death....
    I think he sailed a pass to Ertz. The pass to Ajayi was dropped by Ajayi. It was very bad timing on Ajayi’s part. I’m not sure I recall another sailed pass to a RB in the flat. He underthrew another pass, but that was due to pressure and needing to try to squeeze it throw a tight window.