Page 2438 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1438193823382388242824362437243824392440244824882538 ... LastLast
Results 24,371 to 24,380 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Careful what you ask for. There is so much game management and preventative officiating that happens on the field that you don't realize. Games would get very chippy. And very long waiting for the skybox officials to review each play and report anything.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I believe what “we” are asking for is not too much to ask for: do your damn job. How in the world can a ball carrier, especially a quarterback in today’s game, be blatantly speared by a defender and go unnoticed?
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    What the heck is he supposed to say? You guys are overreacting a bit now. Wilson is one of the classiest guys out there. Don’t throw him under the bus for something Clowney did. If the situation was reversed and one of the Eagles had a hit like that on an opposing QB, what would Carson be expected to say? That is something that the offending party should be addressing, not a guy who plays on the other side of the ball and had nothing to do with the defensive gameplan.
    Correct. No way is Wilson, or any other Seahawk, going to criticize his teammate on camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The NFL can and has ejected players for unnecessary roughness. See cam newton getting crushed late September 2018.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In real time, it was a bang-bang play and those things sometimes get missed (unless you are Brady or Rodgers), but there better be a fine from this or I am going to reach a boiling point with NFL officiating. If the NFL can’t admit that these are the types of hits that they are trying to eliminate while defending a relatively weak blindside block in another playoff game, then I have no idea what their focus is. It certainly isn’t player safety and it certainly isn’t even entertainment. Honestly, every game is getting soured by crap like this. If you are going to miss some close calls in real time, then at least admit to your mistakes on the back end. The accountability will give you some respectability again.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I believe what “we” are asking for is not too much to ask for: do your damn job. How in the world can a ball carrier, especially a quarterback in today’s game, be blatantly speared by a defender and go unnoticed?
    Because it happened really fast and in real time it's not as obviously a spear. The referee also has a very different angle so it will look different.

But what you are asking for is to take the officials off the field and have someone in a booth make every call. Even then calls won't be 100% right. Has replay really made the game better overall? One thing it's done is create a lot of so called experts that feel every loss has to be blamed on officials. And every missed call is because the official wanted to get it wrong.

I watched a replay of a game from 1971 and was shocked to hear the announcer say the official must have gotten the call right because he was in position. Officiating had improved since then but the criticism of it has skyrocketed.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    In real time, it was a bang-bang play and those things sometimes get missed (unless you are Brady or Rodgers), but there better be a fine from this or I am going to reach a boiling point with NFL officiating. If the NFL can’t admit that these are the types of hits that they are trying to eliminate while defending a relatively weak blindside block in another playoff game, then I have no idea what their focus is. It certainly isn’t player safety and it certainly isn’t even entertainment. Honestly, every game is getting soured by crap like this. If you are going to miss some close calls in real time, then at least admit to your mistakes on the back end. The accountability will give you some respectability again.
    From the limited replays I've seen this probably should have been a foul for initiating contact with the helmet (I think that's what the NFL calls it). But you realize there are a lot of legal hits that involve the helmet and result in injuries? Even with all the rule changes is still a very violent game. This is out of the hands of the officiating department. They don't levy fines. The only thing they'll do is grade the covering officials and they feel it was an egregious miss they won't work a conference championship game if they previously graded high enough to do that.

From the limited replays I've seen this probably should have been a foul for initiating contact with the helmet (I think that's what the NFL calls it). But you realize there are a lot of legal hits that involve the helmet and result in injuries? Even with all the rule changes is still a very violent game. This is out of the hands of the officiating department. They don't levy fines. The only thing they'll do is grade the covering officials and they feel it was an egregious miss they won't work a conference championship game if they previously graded high enough to do that.

The violence seems to get amped up by some teams in the playoffs tho. Defenses for both Aints and SHawks come to mind. Just a shittun of leading with crown of helmets by both of them, with the Aints being way worse than SHawks. I watch games pretty damn closely, and things were different today for those teams.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Carson Wentz

Because it happened really fast and in real time it's not as obviously a spear. The referee also has a very different angle so it will look different.

But what you are asking for is to take the officials off the field and have someone in a booth make every call. Even then calls won't be 100% right. Has replay really made the game better overall? One thing it's done is create a lot of so called experts that feel every loss has to be blamed on officials. And every missed call is because the official wanted to get it wrong.

I watched a replay of a game from 1971 and was shocked to hear the announcer say the official must have gotten the call right because he was in position. Officiating had improved since then but the criticism of it has skyrocketed.

Officiating arrogance is on display every time you open your mouth to defend these kind of horse shit calls, and you always do defend them.

Can’t you just call it for what it is, a terrible non-call at its best or very questionable incompetence at its worst, and then move on?

Your credibility on such matters is diminishing with each unjustified defense of your “boys in the club”.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Wentz really is snake bit.. but one more injury next year or a bad season and no matter how you try to spin it he would be approaching bust territory..
    Carson could never play another down and it would still be truthful to say that the Eagles ONLY Super Bowl Victory does not happen without him. If that's a 'bust,' then I don't know what a 'bust' is.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    What a horrible take. 6-10. I’ll bet you any amount of money they are better than 6-10. Eagles will be back next year. They will reload. They do need some younger players. Roster is aging. 27 TDs 7 ints with practice squad players. But bust. Lol

Hopefully they get Robby Anderson and another good WR in free agency