Page 2521 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 152120212421247125112519252025212522252325312571 ... LastLast
Results 25,201 to 25,210 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Carson is a warrior. He had four passes that were outright dropped. Not dropped because of being contested, but straight up dropped. Ertz, Ward, Hightower, and Sanders each dropped a gimme pass. The defense had a couple of nice coverage plays/passes defensed, and Wentz had at least a handful of obvious throwaways. His completion percentage looks a lot worse than how he played. With the exception of an ill-advised lame duck throw as he was about to get sacked, he was actually pretty accurate, considering the pressure he faced. He got absolutely drilled all game. The only starters left on the Eagles offense are Carson Wentz and Jason Kelce. Even Patrick Mahomes would be struggling under these conditions.

Eagles need to get rid of Wentz so that they can get the first pick in the draft. If they keep Wentz they will never be bad enough to get the first pick. Reminds me of the time the Cardinals were so bad that if they lost to the Vikings the Vikes would go to the playoffs and the Cards would have had the #1 pick, instead the Cards played out of their minds and beat the Vikes.

Be interesting how the next three games go. Giants, Cowboys, Giants. In my opinion if you lose any of them, shut wentz down for the year and let Hurts play it out. If they continue to suck (would be my guess) then you draft more O-line and offensive weapons. If things go well you trade a more valuable hurts for offensive weapons (apparently Pederson’s plan all along). If Philly can’t sweep the next three games there’s no reason to even try to make the playoffs.

The only thing left to happen is for Wentz to get seriously injured again.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Be interesting how the next three games go. Giants, Cowboys, Giants. In my opinion if you lose any of them, shut wentz down for the year and let Hurts play it out. If they continue to suck (would be my guess) then you draft more O-line and offensive weapons. If things go well you trade a more valuable hurts for offensive weapons (apparently Pederson’s plan all along). If Philly can’t sweep the next three games there’s no reason to even try to make the playoffs.

The only thing left to happen is for Wentz to get seriously injured again.
    If they bench Wentz it won't be Hurts they will be looking to trade.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    If they bench Wentz it won't be Hurts they will be looking to trade.

I don’t think you’re wrong, but I don’t think it’s the right move. As someone else said, Mahomes would struggle with what Wentz is working with. The past couple weeks the sports talk in Philly has flipped from “how bad is Wentz” to “how good is wentz to make Philly competitive with this roster”

I could be a bit biased though...

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I don’t think you’re wrong, but I don’t think it’s the right move. As someone else said, Mahomes would struggle with what Wentz is working with. The past couple weeks the sports talk in Philly has flipped from “how bad is Wentz” to “how good is wentz to make Philly competitive with this roster”

I could be a bit biased though...
    It's also easier to rebuild around the money that Hurts is due than it is to build around Wentz's contract.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    https://twitter.com/search?q=Wentz&s...ertical=trends

Holy shit pucknut don't let the family look at twitter today

F the eagles fans. I want Carson to throw 3 more int's and 2 more fumbles and just tank the next couple games so they TRADE HIM!!
    I have very thick skin. I laugh at what some of these clueless folks type. Like they say, haters gonna hate and I move on

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    I have very thick skin. I laugh at what some of these clueless folks type. Like they say, haters gonna hate and I move on
    From what I saw, pretty sure that the majority of the Eagles fanbase is rallying around him now... I mean, he's about the only starter on offense left. The a-holes are mostly Cowboys fans, but I repeat myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    From what I saw, pretty sure that the majority of the Eagles fanbase is rallying around him now... I mean, he's about the only starter on offense left. The a-holes are mostly Cowboys fans, but I repeat myself.
    I lold at the end.

Get out of Philly, Carson, your life depends on it.