Page 995 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 49589594598599399499599699710051045109514951995 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,950 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    To me the "Corinthian Leather" bit was not an attack on Carson, but an analogy of the hype-machine behind Carson to general public who haven't seen him before. This was used to help set-up the GM's point-of-view.
    Maybe so---it was hard for me to tell exactly what the context was from just a short clip.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    To me the "Corinthian Leather" bit was not an attack on Carson, but an analogy of the hype-machine behind Carson to general public who haven't seen him before. This was used to help set-up the GM's point-of-view.
    It was the worst draft analogy I can ever recall hearing. Contrary to what would make his analogy work, everybody has put the FCS label on Carson and nobody thinks FCS is more than what it really is. Quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Really? Did you? What did he say that was so offensive? That he plays in a program that was dominant before him and will be after him, that he plays for the alabama of his level if not better, that in the past 6 years they have insanely outscored their opponenets and gone 22-1 in the playoffs, that he played for a team that was usually never behind, that he lost two games and got hurt? You obviously dont get the point he was making. He was saying maybe an unknown for Wentz is that he has benefitted from playing for such great teams. Seriously man, relax.
    LMAO....your problem is in comprehension. He wasn't putting NDSU football success down (well except in the Pig Stye and CAA comparisons), he was using it to put Carson down.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    LMAO....your problem is in comprehension. He wasn't putting NDSU football success down (well except in the Pig Stye and CAA comparisons), he was using it to put Carson down.
    He wasn't putting Carson down either. He was using it to highlight risk. Think of it this way if you had a choice of QB'S which one has more risk, Matt Stafford or Carson Wentz? Stafford certainly has less risk as after years in the league we know what Stafford is at this point. Wentz may have more upside, or maybe not.

You could make a similar arguement with the college QB'S. FBS QB'S certainly have more tape against better atheletes. This doesn't mean they are better than Wentz, but it does mean the risk is less. It's not the only factor.... Goff ran a crazy air raid offense, the Memphis guy never had to change a play or call protections. All these things play into the risk reward calculation.

In the long run it doesn't matter, Wentz will get his chance. After draft date he will have to prove it like everyone else.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

NDSUFREAK is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Reading posts on a thread like this really makes me realize that are a lot of dumb Bison fans out there...like everyone else before me said: If a paid sports analyst complements Wentz, GREAT! If a paid sports analyst criticizes Wentz OH MY GOD WHY WOULD THEY EVER SAY SUCH A THING!! THEY SUCK AT THEIR JOB!!

I understand the frustrations of misinformation here and there...if you are paid to give sports opinions you should know everything. But come on just appreciate the moment and take any kind of press that he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFREAK View Post
    Reading posts on a thread like this really makes me realize that are a lot of dumb Bison fans out there...like everyone else before me said: If a paid sports analyst complements Wentz, GREAT! If a paid sports analyst criticizes Wentz OH MY GOD WHY WOULD THEY EVER SAY SUCH A THING!! THEY SUCK AT THEIR JOB!!

I understand the frustrations of misinformation here and there...if you are paid to give sports opinions you should know everything. But come on just appreciate the moment and take any kind of press that he gets.
    Reading posts like this really makes me realize there are a lot of Bison fans out there with low comprehension skills. Like everyone else before me said, this guy's a prick of the first magnitude.

NDSUFREAK is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Reading posts like this really makes me realize there are a lot of Bison fans out there with low comprehension skills. Like everyone else before me said, this guy's a prick of the first magnitude.
    Because people don't agree with him makes him a prick

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFREAK View Post
    Because people don't agree with him makes him a prick
    I mean, Cowherd IS a prick, but that's beside the point. Earlier, when he brought up that he had a high ceiling, people were all about the Cowherd bandwagon...quite possibly the same people hating on him now. Look at how quick everyone was off the Emory Hunt bandwagon once his opinion didn't jive here.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I mean, Cowherd IS a prick, but that's beside the point. Earlier, when he brought up that he had a high ceiling, people were all about the Cowherd bandwagon...quite possibly the same people hating on him now. Look at how quick everyone was off the Emory Hunt bandwagon once his opinion didn't jive here.
    I'd say cowherd is trying to have it both ways, so no matter how good or bad Carson does, he can provide a tape saying "I told you so". Earlier he was all for Carson, now he's down on him.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I didn't post it here but in conversations with friends when he gave his ceiling and floor for Carson I mocked that. Andrew Luck or Christian Ponder? wow way to go out on a limb. I more so hate his delivery. Its so damn pretentious. Like that Corinthian leather lead in was supposed to be profound or something.