Page 1887 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 8871387178718371877188518861887188818891897193719872387 ... LastLast
Results 18,861 to 18,870 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Only 2 teams had Carson over Goff last spring
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/dave-dames...-Wentzylvanian
    I thought they said that, but then they said "only the Rams and the Browns." So I wonder if they had it backwards and meant to say "only two teams had Goff over Carson"?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I thought they said that, but then they said "only the Rams and the Browns." So I wonder if they had it backwards and meant to say "only two teams had Goff over Carson"?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    He said "I think there were two teams that had Goff over Wentz, it was the Rams and the Browns and that was it."

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Last year when leaving the Eagles Vikings game we were stopped by tons of fans on the way out of the Linc. One guy points to the stadium and says "You see that? If your boy wins us a Super Bowl, we tearing that down and using the metal and building a statue of Carson on that spot!"
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bleacher Report: Ranking the top 100 players mid season.

5. Carson Wentz, QB, Philadelphia Eagles

Carson Wentz attempted 607 passes in his rookie season, the second-most for any first-year quarterback in NFL history behind only Andrew Luck. Head coach Doug Pederson and his staff wanted to give Wentz more balance in the run game and better targets to throw to in his second season, and they did so by signing running back LeGarrette Blount and receiver Alshon Jeffery in free agency. They also moved receiver Nelson Agholor to the slot after trading Jordan Matthews to the Buffalo Bills in August, and they brought in even more help Tuesday by trading a fourth-round pick to the Miami Dolphins for running back Jay Ajayi, per ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The difference in personnel and strategy has benefited Wentz enormously. He's already thrown 19 touchdown passes to his 16 last season, and he has just five interceptions to his 14 thrown in 2016. An efficient rushing attack has allowed Wentz to rely on play action more effectively, and as a runner himself, he has the size and speed to either make defenders miss or bowl right over them.

But the most glaring improvement in Wentz's game this year is what he does with his route concepts and at the line of scrimmage. He's a full field-reader now, capable of looking safeties off his primary target and nailing pinpoint throws into tight windows. In and out of the pocket, he sees downfield well, evades pressure and resets his body to throw, and he has far more confidence in the targets around him. In only his second season, Wentz has become one of the league's better quarterbacks, and he's a primary reason his team has the best record in the NFL.

—NFL1000 lead scout Doug Farra
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-at-midseason
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    He said "I think there were two teams that had Goff over Wentz, it was the Rams and the Browns and that was it."

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yep. I meant that but obviously didn’t type that. I mean the Eagles wanted Carson pretty bad and it doesn’t make sense if they had Goff over Carson. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Yep. I meant that but obviously didn’t type that. I mean the Eagles wanted Carson pretty bad and it doesn’t make sense if they had Goff over Carson. My bad
    I'll always remember the live shot on 2016 1st round draft night (I think it was by NFL Network but may have been ESPN) of the Philly draft party when the Rams drafted Goff and they went crazy.

Just saw this on twitter. It's about a week old; sorry if it's been posted already...

https://athletesinaction.org/underre...z#.WfuB-rbMzdR
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Just saw this on twitter. It's about a week old; sorry if it's been posted already...

https://athletesinaction.org/underre...z#.WfuB-rbMzdR
    Good article. Thanks for posting.