Page 2255 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1255175521552205224522532254225522562257226523052355 ... LastLast
Results 22,541 to 22,550 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Wentz addresses the accusations that he's selfish, egotistical, and a coach bully.... exactly the way you'd expect him to address it being none of those things in reality: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Wentz addresses the accusations that he's selfish, egotistical, and a coach bully.... exactly the way you'd expect him to address it being none of those things in reality: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...mpression=true
    I love this from him..."I'm 26 years old; my personality, to some extent, ain't going to change," he said. "What's gotten me here, what's gotten me successful, I'm not going to say, 'Oh, now I'm going to have this free-spirited, Cali-guy vibe.' That's just not going to change.

So don't be expecting Carson to become Spicoli anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    I love this from him..."I'm 26 years old; my personality, to some extent, ain't going to change," he said. "What's gotten me here, what's gotten me successful, I'm not going to say, 'Oh, now I'm going to have this free-spirited, Cali-guy vibe.' That's just not going to change.

That could be interpreted as a backhanded comment to his draftmate
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I was thinking that "Cali-guy" comment was kind of random. I don't think he would be so petty as to take a shot at Goff but I wonder if it was a subliminal message to someone either in the Eagles locker room or a representative of someone in the Eagles in the locker room that he thought precipitated this story?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yes, I had that thought...and am I a bad person for enjoying seeing Goff not play so well in the Super Bowl? I admit I want Carson to be considered the Best QB out of that draft.

Yes, I had that thought...and am I a bad person for enjoying seeing Goff not play so well in the Super Bowl? I admit I want Carson to be considered the Best QB out of that draft.
    Wentz is better than Goff. As was stated above, Goff is lost if the meticulously called play is not working.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well said Carson. I like how he didn't completely dismiss the reports. What a humble guy

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Goff was getting his ass beat all game. For a guy that has the look of a weekend rec league soccer player, I was pretty impressed with his toughness, getting up off of his ass every play. There were actually a couple of really heady plays where he remained in the pocket as it was collapsing hard, completing the pass a millisecond before getting drilled hard.

Even though I see the incredible resemblance to actor Giovanni Ribisi every time I see him, Goff has been an excellent NFL QB. So has Carson Wentz. It's okay to admit that they're both good players, even if one of them is a little funny looking.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Goff was getting his ass beat all game. For a guy that has the look of a weekend rec league soccer player, I was pretty impressed with his toughness, getting up off of his ass every play. There were actually a couple of really heady plays where he remained in the pocket as it was collapsing hard, completing the pass a millisecond before getting drilled hard.

Even though I see the incredible resemblance to actor Giovanni Ribisi every time I see him, Goff has been an excellent NFL QB. So has Carson Wentz. It's okay to admit that they're both good players, even if one of them is a little funny looking.
    Goff is an excellent NFL QB. Fun to joke about his struggles in the Super Bowl and not scoring a TD, but I still think he played OK will be a force in the league for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Well said Carson. I like how he didn't completely dismiss the reports. What a humble guy
    I don't know how you could handle that situation any better than Carson did with that interview. Gets blindsided with anonymous article attacking his character. Responds with honesty and humility accepting that maybe there is some truth to the story and reflects on what he thinks is possible to improve any criticisms that have merit while at the same time admitting somethings just won't change based on who he is.

Zero BS with that response. Straight truth and humility.