Page 2249 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1249174921492199223922472248224922502251225922992349 ... LastLast
Results 22,481 to 22,490 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Here is the piece if anyone is interested...

"Selfish" is a strange term. Reading the argument, my take away is "trying to do too much" would be a better description.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-w...t-team-player/
    https://twitter.com/fcoxx_91/status/1087367581323984896

Not sure how to embed tweets. But this is from Fletcher Cox basically calling the whole article false.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Yeah, Carson Wentz is selfish...ok. The same Carson Wentz who has a foundation that funds and who himself goes on mission trips around the world to help the less fortunate and has a food truck that gives out food to people in Philadelphia. Yeah...sure.
    I hear he only does it because it feels good and he’s too much of a pussy to just do cocaine.

Why do I feel like the drama is being fueled by WR's who felt they were always open but Carson didn't throw to them? Seems that's where most NFL team soap operas originate....at the WR position. Plus it's Philly, so there's that.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I always have and will continue to root for the success of any Bison athlete, and I will continue to wear my Wentz jersey in the heart of Cowboys territory. However, one thing I noticed that seems to have changed a bit with Carson over his few years in the pros is related a simple on-field action. Carson tends to immediately rip off his helmet whenever play isn't actively going on or the offense is leaving the field, rather than waiting to get to the bench like the vast majority of players. I've always associated this behavior with an arrogance that screams, "Look at me". I also noticed it was something that has increased considerably from the first year to the 2nd and 3rd years.

This is a simple minor action, but as part of my job is to analyze human behavior, it's something that has really sticks out when I see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I guess I wouldn't be quick to throw Wentz under the bus, but I also wouldn't be quick to defend him and say all accusations are without merit. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Reading the article, there wasn't a lot in there that didn't seem plausible.

And oh yeah, RTO has me pegged, that's for sure.
    It does sound plausible. Also keep in mind it may be a new coach that wasn't used to the culture of the organization. We heard multiple times last year, that there was often very healthy disagreement in the qb room on what approach they should be taking. If a coach doesn't know how to handle that level of engagement with the star QB, yeah it could cause some issues as well, just from one personality dominating the planning.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

The first two years was all about how everyone in the locker room loved Wentz. Didnt Jeffrey go there to play with him?

Now this. Maybe things changed a bit, all it takes is one guy to sour.

Well it appears as though plenty of his teammates are calling the article BS and coming to his defense. I'd tend to believe those guys as opposed to "anonymous sources". Also looking at the articles authors other stories and tweets he appears to have an axe to grind with Carson or fans of Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Well it appears as though plenty of his teammates are calling the article BS and coming to his defense. I'd tend to believe those guys as opposed to "anonymous sources". Also looking at the articles authors other stories and tweets he appears to have an axe to grind with Carson or fans of Carson.
    Does this guys have any relation to Em D?

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Why do I feel like the drama is being fueled by WR's who felt they were always open but Carson didn't throw to them? Seems that's where most NFL team soap operas originate....at the WR position. Plus it's Philly, so there's that.
    Totally agree...WR divas who like Foles because he throws to them over Ertz. Philly is in so many ways trash, as so many of us have said. Put Foles as QB1 at the start of a season, with all the pressure that goes with being QB1, and his backup would be the most popular guy in Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Totally agree...WR divas who like Foles because he throws to them over Ertz. Philly is in so many ways trash, as so many of us have said. Put Foles as QB1 at the start of a season, with all the pressure that goes with being QB1, and his backup would be the most popular guy in Philly.
    the idea that Wentz favored Ertz more than Foles is false. Ertz was targeted 9.5 per game by Wentz and 9.25 times per game by Foles. That was mentnioned today on the Insiders