Page 1770 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 7701270167017201760176817691770177117721780182018702270 ... LastLast
Results 17,691 to 17,700 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Hampton Inn Kansas City/Shawnee Mission. We also have rented a bus to take us to game from hotel and back.
    Hope you check out some BBQ joints. Living in KC, a lot of choices! Minsky's Pizza isn't bad either

I will be there! 4 guys and no wives. Going down Friday, all day eating and drinking on Sat. Start early at tailgating on gameday. I took Monday off too.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm not sure that Warner is cold towards Wentz because he went to NDSU, but maybe because Carson is also a very religious QB. The reason why I suggest this is because Kurt did the same thing to Tebow, who really didn't have much going for him in the QB skill department. It was confusing to see Kurt to publicly tell Tim to tone it down being that of all people, one would think that Kurt would have been Tim's biggest supporter after being a very outspoken religious QB himself.
    Seems a little hypocritical for a theologically minded guy...........borders on irony...........or sanctimoniousness..........or banner envy............or.............

LOL -- this is good:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/la...s-with-philly/

From the article:

Fortunately, the roster we have now is filled with guys on both sides of the ball who play Eagles football — not least of which is our quarterback, Bear Grylls … uh, Carson Wentz.
    Here’s the deal with Carson: The kid is tough as s*** and North Dakotan as hell.
    He’ll always show up in the locker room looking like he’s ready to scale Kilimanjaro — camo hat, boots, backpack with a bunch of hooks on it — which is why I’ve taken to calling him Bear Grylls.
    On the field, he runs like a damn deer, but he also has remarkable poise in the pocket. Even though he was just a rookie last year, he always seems to be in control. That’s not a coincidence, it’s by design. If you happen to show up to the team facility at 5:30 in the morning, there’s a good chance you’ll see Carson watching film. He doesn’t make a big display of it. The kid just loves football, and he’s only getting better.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Seems a little hypocritical for a theologically minded guy...........borders on irony...........or sanctimoniousness..........or banner envy............or.............
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mklein5409 View Post
    I will be there! 4 guys and no wives. Going down Friday, all day eating and drinking on Sat. Start early at tailgating on gameday. I took Monday off too.
    Stop by our bus if you happen to see 40-50 people with Wentz jerseys on.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From ESPN (insider):
    Wentz came in 21st among a survey of 50 NFL execs, scouts, coaches, and analysts.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/stor...-aaron-rodgers

Wentz is the lowest-ranked player considered by voters to have an especially bright future, which is why he has nearly as many Tier 2 votes (11) as all the lower-ranked players combined (14) -- despite a rough finish to the 2017 season. Multiple voters thought he could threaten Tier 1 down the line.

"Wentz, I think, is a 2 and has a chance being a 1 this year," a GM said. "What I saw last year, he is exactly what you are looking for. Toughness, movement, arm, quickness, decisiveness, accuracy. I think he is, of all the young quarterbacks in the league, the pick of the litter."

An assistant coach from the NFC East also placed Wentz in the second tier.

"I know he was up and down in the second half of the season, but I think he has a chance to be really good -- really good," a defensive coordinator who faced Wentz as a rookie said. "He can run the ball, he can get himself out of trouble, he is agile. I thought he was pretty smart and pretty poised. He did a couple things against us where he got them in and out of some plays that hurt us a little bit. I respect a guy like that, and that is as a rookie. I think it's all in front of him."

A personnel director said he thought Wentz, like Winston, would take off once surrounded with a strong supporting cast. A former GM said he'd take Wentz over Prescott if given the choice, even though Prescott had much better numbers.

"I think he is capable of carrying a team more consistently than Dak is because the pocket is for him," this former GM said. "The pocket isn't for all these guys, and I like Dak Prescott. You have to respect what he did."
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Eagles game tonight against the Dolphins will be on the NFL Network at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Eagles game tonight against the Dolphins will be on the NFL Network at 6.
    Starters should play at least the first half I'd think. Hopefully the oline plays better then they have been. Will be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Starters should play at least the first half I'd think. Hopefully the oline plays better then they have been. Will be watching.
    First half for sure and possibly part of the third quarter