Page 1769 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 7691269166917191759176717681769177017711779181918692269 ... LastLast
Results 17,681 to 17,690 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Here's an article about a book on developing QBs where Mike Martz gives some high praise to Carson after seeing him work out pre-draft last year:

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/am...vay-mike-martz

Martz is especially high on Wentz.

"Wentz ran a pro-type offense at his school and was ahead of the curve in that respect. I've never seen any young quarterback work out like Wentz did in my time with him. I saw Peyton Manning work out coming out of college. Wentz was just ridic- ulous, the arm strength, the overall arm. I mean, both guys are 1-2 in the draft, so, you could flip them around all day and you still have talent either way. Let's see what happens."
    And that isn't just Gruden-esque I-love-every-QB-I-see talk. He is quite critical of the guy who was picked in front of Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Here's an article about a book on developing QBs where Mike Martz gives some high praise to Carson after seeing him work out pre-draft last year:

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/am...vay-mike-martz

And that isn't just Gruden-esque I-love-every-QB-I-see talk. He is quite critical of the guy who was picked in front of Wentz.
    Interesting read. I think Martz is a dick personally but it's interesting the different take from his protege Kurt Warner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Interesting read. I think Martz is a dick personally but it's interesting the different take from his protege Kurt Warner.
    Remember, Warner hold to go to the NFL to win a championship.........

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Remember, Warner hold to go to the NFL to win a championship.........
    I'm not sure that Warner is cold towards Wentz because he went to NDSU, but maybe because Carson is also a very religious QB. The reason why I suggest this is because Kurt did the same thing to Tebow, who really didn't have much going for him in the QB skill department. It was confusing to see Kurt to publicly tell Tim to tone it down being that of all people, one would think that Kurt would have been Tim's biggest supporter after being a very outspoken religious QB himself.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I especially like this quotation from the SB Nation article above:
    "I invited all of the quarterbacks during training camp to my box for a concert that was in our stadium, Sam, Carson, and Chase Daniel," Lurie said. "Carson didn't want to come. He graciously declined. He said he had done nothing in the NFL as yet and did not want his teammates to think he deserved such a privilege. He said he believed the veteran players wanted to see young quarterbacks working extra hard, not being treated in exceptional ways in the owner's box. I respected his feelings. I was not surprised. I told him the hopes I had in him. I told him there would be a time it would be OK. This was not only the type of quarterback, but the type of person we were turning to as our franchise quarterback."

Who's heading down to Kansas City to watch Wentz play week 2?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    Who's heading down to Kansas City to watch Wentz play week 2?!?!?
    Myself and roughly 45 other relatives of Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Myself and roughly 45 other relatives of Carson.
    Where are you guys staying? Trying to plan out hotels here soon and would be good to meet up with some Bison

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    Where are you guys staying? Trying to plan out hotels here soon and would be good to meet up with some Bison
    Hampton Inn Kansas City/Shawnee Mission. We also have rented a bus to take us to game from hotel and back.

1) Carson Wentz has shown tremendous growth

The brightest note at the midway point of the preseason has got to be Carson Wentz. Even with a limited sample size, you can see the growth and development already in his game. At Green Bay, Wentz appeared for only the opening drive, but it was a near perfect performance. Wentz went 4/4 for 56 yards and a touchdown. Wentz showed great courage in the pocket, even breaking out of a Clay Mathews tackle to hit Mack Hollins on his 38-yard touchdown reception.

Against Buffalo, Wentz went 6/9, totaling 56 yards. Wentz has taken care of the ball and has shown great pocket awareness thus far in the preseason. Both of these traits are big improvements from a season ago.

http://profootballspot.com/5-things-...the-preseason/