Page 1756 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 7561256165617061746175417551756175717581766180618562256 ... LastLast
Results 17,551 to 17,560 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Good time to donate one.?
    I wonder how they are going to do that? Certain breeds of course are wonderful therapy dogs.
    (My retriever/poodle cross ( Goldendoodle ) would fit the bill.
    BUT... IMG_5403.jpg They need to wear Bison collars! Ok, ok, Eagle collars!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Carson still number 6 in jersey sales
    http://m.philadelphiaeagles.com/s/31...10121434480110
    He dropped from 5? What a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    He dropped from 5? What a bust.
    Hell he was number 1 at one point. Huge bust

I thought this article was quite interesting: http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/20...onship-window/

It discusses the impact of Wentz's eventual contract extension affecting the ability of the team to get better (i.e. higher paid) players. (As well as the window for them to win a championship with better players is early in Carson's career when his salary is still capped.) I'm all for Wentz being paid what he's worth when the time comes (and hopefully his on field success makes him worth a lot), but I wouldn't be at all surprised for him to negotiate a deal that maximizes the chances of the team winning a championship. I think that would be a difficult reality to address -- especially with literally millions of dollars on the line. Carson will do what Carson will do. I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if he made a financial sacrifice for a championship if it came down to that.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I thought this article was quite interesting: http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/20...onship-window/

It discusses the impact of Wentz's eventual contract extension affecting the ability of the team to get better (i.e. higher paid) players. (As well as the window for them to win a championship with better players is early in Carson's career when his salary is still capped.) I'm all for Wentz being paid what he's worth when the time comes (and hopefully his on field success makes him worth a lot), but I wouldn't be at all surprised for him to negotiate a deal that maximizes the chances of the team winning a championship. I think that would be a difficult reality to address -- especially with literally millions of dollars on the line. Carson will do what Carson will do. I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if he made a financial sacrifice for a championship if it came down to that.
    The cap is also set to explode over the next couple years, and should be close to $200M by the end of his current contract.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post

I'd be more shocked if he didn't do that to tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    The cap is also set to explode over the next couple years, and should be close to $200M by the end of his current contract.
    With the amount of money the NFL brings in each year, the salary cap percentage either needs to increase dramatically or not exist like it does in MLB. With the huge contracts that NBA players are now getting, there's going to be a lot of envious, but talented, football players expecting more money from their respective NFL owners. With the amount of money the NFL owners get each, especially the cheap ones, I say the players deserve it.
    Hail the BISON!!!

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    With the amount of money the NFL brings in each year, the salary cap percentage either needs to increase dramatically or not exist like it does in MLB. With the huge contracts that NBA players are now getting, there's going to be a lot of envious, but talented, football players expecting more money from their respective NFL owners. With the amount of money the NFL owners get each, especially the cheap ones, I say the players deserve it.
    Agree. Maybe not so much on taking away the cap as that would create some winners and losers. The Cowboys would be the Yankees.

I also laugh at the folks that say "these players make too much." It's either the owners get the money or the players. Don't like it don't buy tickets, watch games, or buy merchandise.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Sorry for drift, but been seeing a few articles where CJ Smith is matching up with Alshon and holding his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Sorry for drift, but been seeing a few articles where CJ Smith is matching up with Alshon and holding his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

link......?