Page 2136 of 2604 FirstFirst ... 1136163620362086212621342135213621372138214621862236 ... LastLast
Results 21,351 to 21,360 of 26034

Thread: Carson Wentz

Default Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Then he won't last long...
    Folks who don't think he needs to change should remember this post if he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Folks who don't think he needs to change should remember this post if he doesn't.
    Meh. Look at the QB injuries from last season:

DeShaun Watson.... non-contact injury in practive
    Aaron Rodgers... hurt after a throw while rolling out
    Derek Carr... sack with a knee in the back
    Jameis Winston... sacked
    Carson Palmer... hit as he threw
    Not going to look up any more

QBs are taking huge hits when they go back to pass. Carson can slide earlier, true, - but, cripes, I think Romo got a injured sliding too. All he can do is be a little less aggressive going to extra yards. There's no way to play QB and be safe from injury - in fact, I think the run threat makes Carson safer.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Jameis Winston... sacked

QBs are taking huge hits when they go back to pass. Carson can slide earlier, true, - but, cripes, I think Romo got a injured sliding too. All he can do is be a little less aggressive going to extra yards. There's no way to play QB and be safe from injury - in fact, I think the run threat makes Carson safer.
    No argument from me on this point. I don't think anyone is suggesting he shouldn't run, only he needs to be a little smarter about it.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Jameis Winston... sacked

Sliding late can also lead to injury. It happened to Flacco last year. (WARNING: watch video on mute if you're at work.... it's funny but very not appropriate for the office )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djMDJmKHldU

Some people cried about it being a dirty hit and I kind of thought the same thing at first but the more I watched it the more I realized that Alonso had already started his tackling motion as Flacco was going into his slide and the slide actually put Flacco in more danger because of it.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 06-20-2018 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Damn NFL youtube clips won't embed

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Sliding late can also lead to injury. It happened to Flacco last year. (WARNING: watch video on mute if you're at work.... it's funny but very not appropriate for the office )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djMDJmKHldU

Some people cried about it being a dirty hit and I kind of thought the same thing at first but the more I watched it the more I realized that Alonso had already started his tackling motion as Flacco was going into his slide and the slide actually put Flacco in more danger because of it.
    Flacco has to be smarter when he runs out of the pocket because there's a chance he could get tackled by the opposing team and thus get injured.

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Flacco has to be smarter when he runs out of the pocket because there's a chance he could get tackled by the opposing team and thus get injured.
    The point is Flacco needs to learn not to slide late.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    The point is Flacco needs to learn not to slide late.
    Yeah, maybe if you are in a position that you are going to slide late, you are better off aborting the slide and finishing off the run.

I think we all agree that Carson shouldn't take on multiple tacklers... and if he gets injured, it's UND's fault.

I went back to the beginning of the thread for the heck of it and boy do I miss BadlandsGrizFan!

Shiiiiit...he would be about the 4th best QB in the BigSky...and that's if he even lives up to your hype....lets maybe let him start a season first fellas! Jordan Johnson-Montana......Shootah Adams-EWU....Garret Safron-Sac St....all better then Wentz...your savior that has yet to start a game...are you retarded?

Which one of those is Wentz better then? Any stats to back that up also? Johnson and Shootah are on the Payton watch list...is Wentz? You cant judge a guy buy his ability or intangibles...Ryan Leaf had great ability and intangibles...and hes sitting in a prison in Great Falls right now. If Wentz ends this season even in the same conversation with either of those two...than it would be amazing!

Oh and the OP had said that Wentz would be the starter on almost every FCS team in the nation...than some dipshit made an even dumber remark that probably most FBS teams, hold a few, and than I just simply said pointed out how that is not even close to true....that's how we got on this topic.
    Paul Fix

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post

I have full confidence that Carson will play Smart but aggressive and not reckless and aggressive as he is a very smart player that has excellent learning capability of situational awareness.
    Koo

One thing we know about Carson is that he is capable of learning and adapting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I went back to the beginning of the thread for the heck of it and boy do I miss BadlandsGrizFan!

Shiiiiit...he would be about the 4th best QB in the BigSky...and that's if he even lives up to your hype....lets maybe let him start a season first fellas! Jordan Johnson-Montana......Shootah Adams-EWU....Garret Safron-Sac St....all better then Wentz...your savior that has yet to start a game...are you retarded?

Which one of those is Wentz better then? Any stats to back that up also? Johnson and Shootah are on the Payton watch list...is Wentz? You cant judge a guy buy his ability or intangibles...Ryan Leaf had great ability and intangibles...and hes sitting in a prison in Great Falls right now. If Wentz ends this season even in the same conversation with either of those two...than it would be amazing!

Oh and the OP had said that Wentz would be the starter on almost every FCS team in the nation...than some dipshit made an even dumber remark that probably most FBS teams, hold a few, and than I just simply said pointed out how that is not even close to true....that's how we got on this topic.
    image.jpg Good to be back guys