Page 2108 of 2260 FirstFirst ... 1108160820082058209821062107210821092110211821582208 ... LastLast
Results 21,071 to 21,080 of 22592

Thread: Carson Wentz

  1. #21071
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    The Great State of Denial
    Posts
    301

    Default Re: Carson Wentz

    Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Sean Payton: No QB prospects as good as Luck or Wentz in this draft

    Payton told Peter King of SI.com that he doesn’t view any of these quarterbacks as the same kind of top-notch prospects that he thought Andrew Luck was heading into the 2012 draft, and Carson Wentz was heading into the 2016 draft.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-this-draft/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems right to me. There will probably be 5 QBs in the first round this year, and I think Rosen will bust hugely, Lamar Jackson will be a career backup, Allen will bounce around from team to team as a practice squad guy, and Mayfield I can't really tell. Darnold will probably be a franchise QB.

  2. #21072
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,341

    Default Re: Carson Wentz

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Seems right to me. There will probably be 5 QBs in the first round this year, and I think Rosen will bust hugely, Lamar Jackson will be a career backup, Allen will bounce around from team to team as a practice squad guy, and Mayfield I can't really tell. Darnold will probably be a franchise QB.
    I'd agree with your first line. I don't see any quarterback I love in this class. Although my guess is Rosen is a career starter. Allen turns out as well. I'm a little more concerned on Darnold than the consensus. My guess is a career similar to Mark Sanchez. Lamar Jackson could be a decent dual threat quarterback till he gets beat up, but I don't see a long career there. I think Mayfield is the bust in the class.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

  3. #21073
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,573

    Default Re: Carson Wentz

    Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I'd agree with your first line. I don't see any quarterback I love in this class. Although my guess is Rosen is a career starter. Allen turns out as well. I'm a little more concerned on Darnold than the consensus. My guess is a career similar to Mark Sanchez. Lamar Jackson could be a decent dual threat quarterback till he gets beat up, but I don't see a long career there. I think Mayfield is the bust in the class.
    Sam Rosen = Joe Flacco minus SB ring
    Josh Allen = Brock Osweiler
    Sam Darnold = Mark Sanchez
    Lamar Jackson = Terrelle Pryor
    Baker Mayfield = Johnny Manziel


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

  4. #21074
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    12,991

    Default Re: Carson Wentz

    Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Sam Rosen = Joe Flacco minus SB ring
    Josh Allen = Brock Osweiler
    Sam Darnold = Mark Sanchez
    Lamar Jackson = Terrelle Pryor
    Baker Mayfield = Johnny Manziel


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosen = Flacco? How do you figure? Don't even get me started on the rest of them. LOL@Lamar Jackson = Terrelle Pryor. Not even close. I'm not even trying to argue he'll be better, but they are totally different players.
    check neg rep

    Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

  5. #21075
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    317

    Default Re: Carson Wentz

    Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Sam Rosen = Joe Flacco minus SB ring
    Josh Allen = Brock Osweiler
    Sam Darnold = Mark Sanchez
    Lamar Jackson = Terrelle Pryor
    Baker Mayfield = Johnny Manziel


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Josh Rosen = Sam Bradford/Matt Staford
    Love the Allen Osweiler Comp
    Love the Darnold Comp
    Lamar = RGIII
    Baker = Kirk Cousins

  6. #21076
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,341

    Default Re: Carson Wentz

    Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Sam Rosen = Joe Flacco minus SB ring
    Josh Allen = Brock Osweiler
    Sam Darnold = Mark Sanchez
    Lamar Jackson = Terrelle Pryor
    Baker Mayfield = Johnny Manziel


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My take:

    Rosen: Eli Manning
    Allen : Joe Flacco
    Darnold : Mark Sanchez
    Mayfield : Case Keenum

    Lamar Jackson I'm having a harder time for a comp. A poor mans Michael Vick or a RGIII with a better work ethic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

  7. #21077
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,595

    Default Re: Carson Wentz

    Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    My take:

    Rosen: Eli Manning
    Allen : Joe Flacco
    Darnold : Mark Sanchez
    Mayfield : Case Keenum

    Lamar Jackson I'm having a harder time for a comp. A poor mans Michael Vick or a RGIII with a better work ethic.
    They joke about this on KFAN but it's kind of interesting when people try to compare a player to someone it always lines up with their race. People naturally do it, I'm guilty of it as well.

  8. #21078
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    317

    Default Re: Carson Wentz

    Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    They joke about this on KFAN but it's kind of interesting when people try to compare a player to someone it always lines up with their race. People naturally do it, I'm guilty of it as well.
    Is there smaller framed white qb with elite mobility that you think is a better comp from recent history. Be kind of weird to say he's a poor mans Fran Tarkenton.

  9. #21079
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    12,991

    Default Re: Carson Wentz

    Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Is there smaller framed white qb with elite mobility that you think is a better comp from recent history. Be kind of weird to say he's a poor mans Fran Tarkenton.
    Terrelle Pryor is not a small framed QB, which is part of why this is a ridiculous comparison. The only thing they have in common is they are black athletes that played QB in college. Jackson is a lot more polished as a passer than Pryor. Jackson's first instinct is not to run, he keeps his eyes downfield.
    check neg rep

    Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

  10. #21080
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,595

    Default Re: Carson Wentz

    Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Is there smaller framed white qb with elite mobility that you think is a better comp from recent history. Be kind of weird to say he's a poor mans Fran Tarkenton.
    From a mobile QB perspective Jake Plummer or Alex Smith maybe.

    I just find it interesting, no disrespect to BisonTru. Like I said I do the same thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •